G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

navigation warning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2007 | 07:52 PM
The main point that I'm trying to make is:
I don't care so much that while I'm driving that I can use the nav system. It's my wife that is in the passenger seat that can access nav functions while moving. If they would only sense the passenger seat occupancy and enable it , that would be great.

We pay good money for this system and are inhibited from using it at times. It limits the use of it. I don't think we are "babies" because we would like it to be used if a passenger is present.

There are other auto manufacturers that have it enabled all the time, after the car is turned on and after a click of a button that has a legal screen displayed. I like the G35 and will probably end up purchasing one.

We have purchased a portable Garmin Navi for another vehicle that we have and will probably have to take it along when we use the G35 on a trip to do the functions that the car inhibits during motion.

I know that the G35 has voice commands but I'm sure using the direct nav buttons would be more efficient in entering data. But I'm open to see if it really works well.

Anyone that I have ever talked to that had a vehicle that locked out parts of the Nav system while in motion, said that they wished it would be enabled.

I realize there might be a liability involved but sometimes practicality overrules.

Old 08-24-2007 | 08:01 PM
Infiniti just has a lot of random inconsistentcies. Like the 6MT doesn't have AC to the back, and steering wheel doesn't move up on exit when it does on the auto. The mp3 and flash you can search per folder, but on the music box you can search while car is moving. Either the OK shouldn't be there and you can't use when moving or you should have the "OK" and then be able to use any functions when moving. OR the moving speed should be lik e 20MPH when in traffic.

Old 08-24-2007 | 10:41 PM
So does anyone know what the work-around is or not, haha. I'm curious just because it'd be nice, but it's not necessary....its a warning screen...you touch enter.......is it that hard?

Old 08-25-2007 | 02:46 AM
^^ It has been said several times in this thread, pm KPTechnologies or visit his website www.kptechnologies.com. He makes modules a module that will automatically press enter when you start the car, but I'm not sure if he has installed it in an 07 yet.

Old 08-25-2007 | 09:54 AM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by KulG35
Infiniti just has a lot of random inconsistentcies. Like the 6MT doesn't have AC to the back, and steering wheel doesn't move up on exit when it does on the auto. The mp3 and flash you can search per folder, but on the music box you can search while car is moving. Either the OK shouldn't be there and you can't use when moving or you should have the "OK" and then be able to use any functions when moving. OR the moving speed should be lik e 20MPH when in traffic.
Well gee, I guess you should be Infiniti's head designer as I am sure you would do a much better job that what they've done.

Anyways, this thread has had it's fill.