G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

New owner...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2007 | 11:25 PM
N50
|
New owner...

...NOT! Here is the loaner I was given and I figure since I've been able to get some seat time in it over the last couple days, I can share some intelligent opinions. Here are some sucky point-and-shoot pics.

1.) I love the looks of this car. I can't believe the attention it commands (not that I really want it). I'm sure part of this is due to the fact that there is only one other '07 G35 in this area that I'm aware of.

2.) Even for the X version, this car has some pop! It surprises me at times. I'm still not liking the "jumpy" or "on-off" throttle control on this car. Since that has been beaten to death, I won't harp on it. Handling is nice and tight for the most part and overall, this car tracks much better than my FX. At times it is difficult to keep the FX from hopping all over the place, especially at highway speeds.

3.) The interior is very nice and miles beyond the first gen. I love the LED ambient lighting at night! Someone at Infiniti finally realized that the controls on the steering wheels need to be lit at night. Controls don't work that well when you can't see them. My FX needs those... The seats are nice and comfortable and I could see going for a looong trip.

4.) Unforunately this car is barebones so I didn't get to test nav, SOW, or any nice features like that. However, for a barebones car, I was quite satisfied. Also, for a loaner that has surely been beat on and over 12k miles, it still rides effortlessly and rattle-free.

For all you liquid platinum (platinum ice) guys out there, I'm loving this color. Maybe I'll join in the fun some day. Until then, I'll stay with my 4,400 lb. beast.

Old 09-12-2007 | 11:30 PM
LOL, you had me Alex, I read the thread title and thought WHAT !!! you picked up an 07.
The LP is a nice colour and so easy to maintain, I sure like mine .

Your FX is a beautiful ride anyways.
What's it in the shop for, I hope it's not sick.

Old 09-12-2007 | 11:35 PM
N50
|
Originally Posted by GEE35X
LOL, you had me Alex, I read the thread title and thought WHAT !!! you picked up an 07.
The LP is a nice colour and so easy to maintain, I sure like mine .

Your FX is a beautiful ride anyways.
What's it in the shop for, I hope it's not sick.
It really is nice. Besides that fact that it's easy to maintain, it is metallic but very smooth. Sometimes I think the Diamond Graphite is almost too metallic...if there is such a thing.

It's in the shop for the following:
Front Brake Pads
Tire
Cracked engine bay cover (the one underneath the car?). I didn't have them fix that. I'm going to look at it myself.
An EVAP leak (Something to do with emissions). The check engine light came on.
Drive belts. The ones on the car are cracked in mulitple places.

Last edited by N50; 09-12-2007 at 11:39 PM.
Old 09-13-2007 | 01:40 AM
It's a good thing you didn't get to try out the toys Alex, or you'd have another car to pay for. How long will the FX be out of commission?

Old 09-13-2007 | 08:48 AM
N50
|
Originally Posted by ChristianN
It's a good thing you didn't get to try out the toys Alex, or you'd have another car to pay for. How long will the FX be out of commission?
Yeah, no kidding.

The FX has been out of commission for the grand total of a week. I took the car up to the dealer on two separate occasions to space out the expenses. I hate standard labor hours.

Anyway, all I care about is that its fixed, back on the road, and good for another 20 to 30k miles.

Old 09-13-2007 | 09:04 AM
I remember when I bought the car, I thought that the backup camera was such a gimmick...now I couldn't imagine driving a car without one.

Its the single feature that gets the most compliments from people who ride in my car. Despite the fact that they are quite a few '07 G35's (I'd say about 80% of the ones I see are G35x's), it still gets a lot of looks. If I drive it to an area where there aren't that many, I'll get a few thumbs up and random compliments.

Who knew a 4 door would get so much attention?

I need to stop driving it so much, I've only had it a month and already have 3000 miles on it. I'll look for errands and stuff to run since I love driving the car so much.

Old 09-13-2007 | 12:47 PM
N50
|
Originally Posted by fecurtis
I remember when I bought the car, I thought that the backup camera was such a gimmick...now I couldn't imagine driving a car without one.

Its the single feature that gets the most compliments from people who ride in my car. Despite the fact that they are quite a few '07 G35's (I'd say about 80% of the ones I see are G35x's), it still gets a lot of looks. If I drive it to an area where there aren't that many, I'll get a few thumbs up and random compliments.

Who knew a 4 door would get so much attention?

I need to stop driving it so much, I've only had it a month and already have 3000 miles on it. I'll look for errands and stuff to run since I love driving the car so much.
The backup camera is surely a god send...and no, I never thought this car would get as much attention as it does. It gets attention from people of all ages, social/economic status, etc...