G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Took car in for a few things

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 08:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Took car in for a few things

I took the car in to Infiniti of Santa Monica for an oil change and to have a few things looked at.

- Voice Tags being dropped - need to order a part to fix it

- Steering wheel not locking into place - said that this is within spec and checked with other cars on the lot; not surprised as it is a common problem, I guess that I will have to wait for a TSB/recall on this one.

- Passenger airbag off light coming on when someone is in the seat - could not replicate and they checked the system and everything is working perfectly; this concerns me

Can you share any of your experiences having these issues resolved or not resolved.

Thanks,
Neil

Old 09-19-2007, 10:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i have the airbag problem

Old 09-19-2007, 10:42 PM
as far as the passenger airbag off light coming on while some one is sitting in it, the seat has sensors and if it senses a kid it will deactivate the airbag so in the event of an accident it doesn't suffocate the child.

Old 09-19-2007, 10:50 PM
I had the PS air bag problem also. Stayed on when someone in seat. took it in and they said nothing wrong. No codes set in the computer. Guess they reset something as it was off when I picked up the car and it is working ok since. Begining to think it is a design problem with so many saying they have problem.

Old 09-19-2007, 11:31 PM
it senses how the person is sitting, as well as if they are moving around, both can cause it to turn the airbag off

Old 09-19-2007, 11:50 PM
I took my car in for the airbag thing and they mentioned that the G's sensor is set at 100 lbs. So if the person in the passenger seat is between 100-115 lbs how they're sitting can trigger it on or off.

Old 09-19-2007, 11:54 PM
that's why, my gf is ~93 lbs, and when ever she's in the car, the PS airbag off light is on....

Old 09-20-2007, 11:32 AM
The person that sits in the seat is about 135-140 so I wouldn't think that it is an issue of weight.

Old 09-20-2007, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by westsideg35
I took the car in to Infiniti of Santa Monica for an oil change and to have a few things looked at.

- Steering wheel not locking into place - said that this is within spec and checked with other cars on the lot; not surprised as it is a common problem, I guess that I will have to wait for a TSB/recall on this one.

- Passenger airbag off light coming on when someone is in the seat - could not replicate and they checked the system and everything is working perfectly; this concerns me

Can you share any of your experiences having these issues resolved or not resolved.

Thanks,
Neil

I have this same problem/ My GF only weighs about 110 and when she gets in the light stays on.....she hasnt noticed it but i have and i always make sure shes got her seat belt on. When i had my car in the dealer i told them about it and unless they see it they act like idiots

Old 09-20-2007, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by dopey
I took my car in for the airbag thing and they mentioned that the G's sensor is set at 100 lbs. So if the person in the passenger seat is between 100-115 lbs how they're sitting can trigger it on or off.

thats a horrible excuse for infiniti...if something happens and someone dies then they are gonna say..well they werent seated in the exact area for the seonsor to go off????

Old 09-20-2007, 11:47 AM
An airbag may kill a smaller person. I'm not sure about the weight cutoff, but some smaller adult women have been killed. An airbag is a grenade in a heavily reinforced fabric bag. Broken noses and other injuries are common with airbags. I had one go off in my old Beemer and it blasted my hands right off the wheel, and I'm pretty strong with a good grip. My forearms were swollen for a week.

Old 09-20-2007, 11:57 AM
My friend's wife is so big that the airbags go off when she gets in the car.

Old 09-20-2007, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by Gorn
LOL

Old 09-20-2007, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by westsideg35

Thanks,
Neil
i have the exactly same problem on the steering wheel and the airbag light.. but not the voice tag.. also got my car from santa monica lol how much was the oil change? im planning on dropping by today after class.. maybe i'll have them check on my other stuff as well

Old 09-20-2007, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by Gorn
LMFAOOOOOO

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Took car in for a few things