G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Tire Pressure Monitor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 06:12 PM
Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts
G35x
Tire Pressure Monitor-Diagnostic Connector

I got a low tire pressure light on drive home from work today. I got out and looked at tires and they looked fine so I drove home. When I checked pressure after they had warmed up they were about 32psi. I wonder if the cooler temperatures we are now receiving where I live may have caused this. I filled all tires up a few pounds and then checked for a code. I got a Code 15 which was a low pressure reading on front left tire. I went out for short drive and light went out. For those looking for wire to ground for codes here are some pics. It is actually taped to the OBD II connector.

Last edited by treacherous; 07-08-2018 at 10:02 AM.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tires are different size from front to back, how did you rotate them?

Old 09-25-2007, 10:44 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
They are the same size on the G35X

Old 09-26-2007, 12:11 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
This is really interesting ... by having error codes for EACH tire, the system appears to have the capability to read EACH tire pressure. The problem is we only have one dummy light if any of the tires are low.

Also interesting ... error codes 45-48 show low TPMS battery. I didn't know those transmitters had a battery!

Please let us know what you discover. I'm curious because mine got all mixed up when I had my new wheels put on.

Originally Posted by treacherous
I rotated my tires front to rear about 2 weeks back. I wonder if the code follows the wheel? Could my Code 15 actually be the left rear instead of the front rear? I need to look into this. I'm sure this has been covered.

Last edited by terrycs; 09-26-2007 at 12:15 AM.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:13 PM
My wifes TL has a screen that shows the exact pressure in each tire. (Listen up Infiniti, we even have two LCD screens with too many useless duplicate timers/meters and maintaince reminders, lol).

Sorry for the rant.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:13 PM
Side to side.
Can't even do that, the stock sport tires are asymmetrical, they have 'inside' and 'outside' stamped right on the tire.

Old 09-27-2007, 08:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by csdstudio
Can't even do that, the stock sport tires are asymmetrical, they have 'inside' and 'outside' stamped right on the tire.
We'll give you a minute to think about what you just typed before we begin to blast you...

Old 09-27-2007, 03:25 PM
I got a low tire pressure light on drive home from work today. I got out and looked at tires and they looked fine so I drove home. When I checked pressure after they had warmed up they were about 32psi. I wonder if the cooler temperatures we are now receiving where I live may have caused this. I filled all tires up a few pounds and then checked for a code. I got a Code 15 which was a low pressure reading on front left tire. I went out for short drive and light went out. For those looking for wire to ground for codes here are some pics. It is actually taped to the OBD II connector.
@treacherous:

Tried to follow your "reading the code" piece - but got lost !
How did you pull the code ? Is it via an OBDII reader like the emissions codes ? (think not)
Or via some other mechanism ? (the grounding wire makes me think its something other than a ODB reader)

Old 09-27-2007, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by Tiger
We'll give you a minute to think about what you just typed before we begin to blast you...
Why? They aren't directional, but only asymmetrical? I thought I saw a rotation arrow on the tire as well as 'outside'...but I'm probably wrong because an asymmetrical directional tire would be the worst idea ever.

Last edited by csdstudio; 09-27-2007 at 04:10 PM.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:04 PM
Take a piece of insulated wire and connect one end to the pictured white connector and then the other to a metal piece on the firewall. I used one of the bolts that holds the foot activated emergency brake pedal to the firewall.

I grounded mine after ignition was turned on and it went into diagnostic mode IIRC.

Attached is graphic from SM that shows how light blinking pattern will be displayed

On white connector make sure you plug into side with metal connector. One side is not used. OBD II reader is not used.

Hope this helps.
Great - thanks for the clarification - that helps a lot

Old 10-08-2007, 08:35 AM
Originally Posted by csdstudio
My wifes TL has a screen that shows the exact pressure in each tire. (Listen up Infiniti, we even have two LCD screens with too many useless duplicate timers/meters and maintaince reminders, lol).

Sorry for the rant.
The FX has the same thing, screen shows all 4 tire pressures.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:04 AM
Bad Toro
Originally Posted by dcmidnight
The FX has the same thing, screen shows all 4 tire pressures.
Now why couldn't they put that in the G as well?

Old 10-08-2007, 09:05 AM
I know, there are two or three things like that where its obvious that similar technology has been installed but for reasons of keeping the different lines separate they chose different implementations.

Old 10-08-2007, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by SPEEED
Now why couldn't they put that in the G as well?
They want you to "trade-up" to the M35

It'll eventually make it in the G -- Acura has it - soon others will start having it and the market would force the G to have it too

Old 10-08-2007, 02:11 PM
Bad Toro
Originally Posted by max2k1
They want you to "trade-up" to the M35
Not a chance

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: Tire Pressure Monitor