G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

2008 Infiniti G35 Sedan Negotiated Deal Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 11:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah, but owner loyalty is for those who had an infiniti before, right?

Edit: Okay, I found on edmunds.com where it had it all laid out. I'm not eligible for the loyalty cash since I'm coming to infiniti from...um...nothing.

I'll just stick with the 1.9%. Now, if anyone has any stories of bogus/BS/trumped-up charges showing up between the car price and the OTD price, I'd love to hear about it before I sit down with the dealer and play tough-guy.

Last edited by CavManDave; 07-15-2008 at 11:38 AM.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by CavManDave
Ah, but owner loyalty is for those who had an infiniti before, right?

Edit: Okay, I found on edmunds.com where it had it all laid out. I'm not eligible for the loyalty cash since I'm coming to infiniti from...um...nothing.

I'll just stick with the 1.9%. Now, if anyone has any stories of bogus/BS/trumped-up charges showing up between the car price and the OTD price, I'd love to hear about it before I sit down with the dealer and play tough-guy.

Open up with this offer: Invoice Out The Door. They can add whatever fees they like. The only price you care about is OTD.

The car market is horrid this year + rebates. You should get the deal. If they don't budge, offer $500 more. If they dont budge walk away. Adjust the $500 accordingly if you are in a high tax state.

Do not settle for any kind of deal that is not close to invoice.

Old 07-16-2008, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by tiblot
Open up with this offer: Invoice Out The Door. They can add whatever fees they like. The only price you care about is OTD.

The car market is horrid this year + rebates. You should get the deal. If they don't budge, offer $500 more. If they dont budge walk away. Adjust the $500 accordingly if you are in a high tax state.

Do not settle for any kind of deal that is not close to invoice.
Is this also applied to pre-ordering the 09 model? Given the bad market conditon this year.

Old 07-16-2008, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by felixcat
Is this also applied to pre-ordering the 09 model? Given the bad market conditon this year.

I'm not sure, but probably not. I doubt the rebates will apply on the 09s, but you never know.

Didn't even know the 09s were available to preorder =/

Old 07-16-2008, 10:55 AM
I'm not sure, but probably not. I doubt the rebates will apply on the 09s, but you never know.

Didn't even know the 09s were available to preorder =/
I think we can pre-order the 09. I have called my local dealer a couple days ago and he said they were ready to take orders.

Maybe we can look at the 09 FX for reference. Is there any good deals/rebates for the 09 FX that is equivalent to the 08 model?

Old 07-16-2008, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by felixcat
I think we can pre-order the 09. I have called my local dealer a couple days ago and he said they were ready to take orders.

Maybe we can look at the 09 FX for reference. Is there any good deals/rebates for the 09 FX that is equivalent to the 08 model?
There is a $2000-$4000 cash rebate on the 09 FX 50's. However this is a different market. Its a much smaller volume car and gas prices are killing its sales. They don't need to do as aggressive marketing with the sedans ... yet haha

Old 07-17-2008, 04:21 PM
I am looking to buy a '08 G35 Journey 5spd auto, Nav & Prem pkgs in San Jose, CA and found carsdirect price of $33,549 excl tax and license.
edmunds has $33,736 tmv, and $34,849 as invoice

appreciate feedback from others in this region who have recently bought this car.

thx

Old 07-17-2008, 08:47 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
There is a $2000-$4000 cash rebate on the 09 FX 50's. However this is a different market. Its a much smaller volume car and gas prices are killing its sales. They don't need to do as aggressive marketing with the sedans ... yet haha
Owner Loyalty; you must already own a FX.

Old 07-18-2008, 01:29 PM
Just got the car yesturday
Black/Black
Sport, Prem, NAV
37800 OTD from Infiniti of Montclair

supposed last one in California, crazy!!!!

Old 07-21-2008, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by MSP G35X
I'm about to pull the trigger on my new G35X. Internet quote from one of the two dealerships here in town:

G35X
Blue Slate/Graphite
Premium
Nav
Sport
$37350 TTL

I admit I was a bit surprised at this quote out of the gate.

They are also offering repaired hail damage cars for another $2000 off. I looked at a couple and I couldn't tell, but I was still a bit leery.

Final deal

Graphite Platinum and Graphite interior G35X with Sport, Premium and Navigation Packages and Cargo net

MSRP $41,125
Invoice $37, 548
Invoice after $2000 cash to dealer and 1% dealer holdback $35,200
Purchase Price $36,400

This gave them $1200 or 3.4% profit - more than fair in todays economy. I could have grinded a bit more, but I was in and out including paperwork and car prep time in 2 hours and was below Edmund's TMV.

They also offered me an additonal $400 off if I would take a similarly equipped Liquid Platinum car - they had at least six I saw sitting on the lot. I was temped, but decided to take a car color I really wanted.

Bloomington Infiniti

Old 07-21-2008, 01:51 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Back to some shameless self promotion.

4999 due on delivery
199/mo + tax
12k miles/year, 24 month closed-end lease, on approved Tier 1 credit.

2 G35 Sedans left, and 2 G37 Coupes left, which qualify for this lease.

I will be running it until the end of the month, or when I run out of cars.

Old 07-22-2008, 08:21 PM
Final deal

Graphite Platinum and Graphite interior G35X with Sport, Premium and Navigation Packages and Cargo net

MSRP $41,125
Invoice $37, 548
Invoice after $2000 cash to dealer and 1% dealer holdback $35,200
Purchase Price $36,400

This gave them $1200 or 3.4% profit - more than fair in todays economy. I could have grinded a bit more, but I was in and out including paperwork and car prep time in 2 hours and was below Edmund's TMV.

They also offered me an additonal $400 off if I would take a similarly equipped Liquid Platinum car - they had at least six I saw sitting on the lot. I was temped, but decided to take a car color I really wanted.

Bloomington Infiniti
i'm days away from beginning my negotiation at the bloomington dealership. any tips?? they seem so hard to deal with sometimes, at least when it comes to the negogiation. so your choice was already in their inventory, no need to get it shipped from another dealership?? thanks man!!

Old 07-22-2008, 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by bhop7
i'm days away from beginning my negotiation at the bloomington dealership. any tips?? they seem so hard to deal with sometimes, at least when it comes to the negogiation. so your choice was already in their inventory, no need to get it shipped from another dealership?? thanks man!!
Send an email to the Internet salesman - Nate Klitzke. Nice young guy, no pressure. I made contact and told him what I wanted that and I was buying by the end of the week. Stopped in twice to relook at cars making sure I talked to Nate each time. I also had him send me a quote via email. I had also contacted the other Infiniti dealership in Golden Valley for an email quote and talked to Evan there so I did have a fallback if needed. I tried Bloomington first because it was closer to my home.

I think it went well because I had done my research and was prepared with all the invoice numbers as well as the other deducts from that price. Edmunds is a great resource for this among others.

I also acknowledged at the beginning that the dealership was entitled to a profit and did not throw out any stupidly low numbers. I presented the numbers above and asked him how much profit they thought fair on the car. Of course he asked me for a number, I went a bit low, he went high and we ended closer to my number than his.

I did select out of inventory. I was between a Blue Slate and the Graphite Platinum with the options I wanted. If you want a Liquid Plat they will go lower - they offered an additonal $400 off if I took one.

Good luck.

Old 07-23-2008, 07:46 PM
Send an email to the Internet salesman - Nate Klitzke. Nice young guy, no pressure. I made contact and told him what I wanted that and I was buying by the end of the week. Stopped in twice to relook at cars making sure I talked to Nate each time. I also had him send me a quote via email. I had also contacted the other Infiniti dealership in Golden Valley for an email quote and talked to Evan there so I did have a fallback if needed. I tried Bloomington first because it was closer to my home.

I think it went well because I had done my research and was prepared with all the invoice numbers as well as the other deducts from that price. Edmunds is a great resource for this among others.

I also acknowledged at the beginning that the dealership was entitled to a profit and did not throw out any stupidly low numbers. I presented the numbers above and asked him how much profit they thought fair on the car. Of course he asked me for a number, I went a bit low, he went high and we ended closer to my number than his.

I did select out of inventory. I was between a Blue Slate and the Graphite Platinum with the options I wanted. If you want a Liquid Plat they will go lower - they offered an additonal $400 off if I took one.

Good luck.
cool, thanks. i'll give it my best shot.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:25 PM
2008 G35 JOURNEY SEDAN
Blueslate/Graphite
-Premium Package
-Navigation + Rear View Camera
-Splash Guards
-Trunk Net

A little over $34,000, tax included.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2008 Infiniti G35 Sedan Negotiated Deal Thread