G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Magically Disappearing Voicetags

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 07:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Magically Disappearing Voicetags

I went to make a call home yesterday via my voicetags and to my surprise all of my voicetags are gone. The addresses in my address book are still there. Does anyone know why this happened?

Here's my deduction: The voicetags are tied to a mobile device and I recently changed mobile devices (Samsung A900 -> BB8830) and deleted the one I wouldn't use any more. I am guessing that when I did that, it wiped out my voicetags as well?

I don't see why they would tie these directly to the mobile phone, but that's just my thought on the matter. I do know that I'll be busy this weekend putting them all back!!

Old 10-12-2007, 07:41 AM
I think that happens sometimes...what do you think of the 8830 though? I was considering a Blackberry but I might just settle for the RAZR2. Verizon has limited choices.

Old 10-12-2007, 07:41 AM
Oh - talk to your dealer, you might need a software fix. I'm not sure what the exact fix is, but I think if you search the forums you'll find your answer.

Old 10-12-2007, 08:11 AM
The software fix at the dealer will resolve the problem for good. Its a simple software upload that should take a few minutes.

Old 10-12-2007, 09:17 AM
gao
But is it really a bug though? I had thought the G tied the voice tags for the phone. When I left my primary phone at home and brought in my work phone, it automatically ties in with its own profile voice tags. Anyway, my point is that if you have other family members driving your car, they have theirs. Or if u quit your job and delete that phone profile, u have just selectively deleted the tags you don't need.

of course, there's also the case that u're the driver 99% of the time which this wont make sense.

Old 10-12-2007, 10:40 AM
You are absolutley correst that the voicetags are tied directly to your cell phone. When my company upgraded by Blackberry I had to reenter phone numbers and re-record my voice tags. Also there is another issue as well concerning voice tags being dropped or scrambled. I have had this issue for quite some time, however when I brought by car in for a new set of i-keys I ask them to update the software. Since then I have had no trouble with the tags. Here's a link to the site that discusses the problem and the SB to fix it. http://x.infinitihelp.com/forum/show...962.html?t=962

Old 10-12-2007, 10:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tappedwire
I went to make a call home yesterday via my voicetags and to my surprise all of my voicetags are gone. The addresses in my address book are still there. Does anyone know why this happened?

Here's my deduction: The voicetags are tied to a mobile device and I recently changed mobile devices (Samsung A900 -> BB8830) and deleted the one I wouldn't use any more. I am guessing that when I did that, it wiped out my voicetags as well?

I don't see why they would tie these directly to the mobile phone, but that's just my thought on the matter. I do know that I'll be busy this weekend putting them all back!!

I recently made the same switch (A900 -> BB8830) and you are correct that the phonebook and voicetags are tied to the individual phone, you can have several phones setup in the G and each will have it's own phonebook and voice tags.

Old 10-12-2007, 10:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by airhoppz
I think that happens sometimes...what do you think of the 8830 though? I was considering a Blackberry but I might just settle for the RAZR2. Verizon has limited choices.
I'm really happy with the 8830 so far, but getting spam emails while you're on the go is a little annoying. I couldn't go back to a regular flip phone.