G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

08 Voice Recognition Commands

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 05:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 08 Voice Recognition Commands - Fewer than 07?

Has anyone noticed that the actual commands available in the 08 Voice Recognition system are much fewer than what's listed in the manual and fewer than what was available on the 07s? (even in Alternate Command Mode) For example, it includes a command for changing to satellite radio mode, but doesn't have a command for tuning to a specific station. The command for climate control allows you to turn the system on and off, but not control the temperature. What's the deal?

Last edited by DJG35; 10-14-2007 at 05:33 PM.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:50 PM
I just confirmed that there are less available voice commands in 08 as compared to 07.

There's a pdf on the Infiniti website called: "2008 Infiniti Voice Recognition Owner's Manual Supplement"

It starts off by saying: "The information contained in this owner’s manual supplement replaces all information related to the Voice Recognition System contained in the vehicle’s owner’s manual and the navigation system owner’s manual."

It's got a much shorter list of available voice commands. Anybody know what happend? Seems very strange to have a shorter list of options in a later model year. My guess is that the system wasn't recognizing the commands very well, so they limited the number of them.

Old 10-15-2007, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by DJG35
Has anyone noticed that the actual commands available in the 08 Voice Recognition system are much fewer than what's listed in the manual and fewer than what was available on the 07s? (even in Alternate Command Mode) For example, it includes a command for changing to satellite radio mode, but doesn't have a command for tuning to a specific station. The command for climate control allows you to turn the system on and off, but not control the temperature. What's the deal?
I have an 08 and do have those commands available to me.

"satellite radio channel 150"
"temperature 72"

I don't have a reference for the 07's voice commands.

Old 10-15-2007, 12:24 PM
That's weird. Coupe or Sedan? I've got the sedan, with premium, nav and tech. Have you actually tried them in the car (vs. looking in the manual)? The supplement from infiniti.com that I referred to in my previous post suggests that those commands aren't available in 08.

Old 10-15-2007, 01:15 PM
I also have the 08 sedan with Navi and Premium, but not tech.I have to admit that I have not looked in the manual.

I use the two referenced commands all of the time (for some reason, I find it easier than programming my presets).

Have you actually tried these commands?

Old 10-15-2007, 04:22 PM
Yes, I've tried them. No luck. I was just looking at myG37.com and there's a string about a similar issue with the coupe. It seems that newer 08s have fewer voice reco options. One of the posters on that string talked to someone from Infiniti who said that they were trying to simplify the system. Seems pretty weak to me. So, it looks like you lucked out.....

Old 10-15-2007, 07:21 PM
I just got my sedan with prem/nav/tech. I can say satellite channel xxx and it goes there. I haven't looked through the manual to find specifics, I've just been saying what i want to see if it works...

Old 10-16-2007, 07:24 PM
Lucky for you too bgmS. I suppose it depends on when it was built. I got mine on Oct 11, which was the same day it showed up at the dealer from the factory. Definately can't specify the sat channel or climate temperature using voice reco on mine.

Old 10-17-2007, 07:55 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Does the 08 add a command to scroll? that's the biggest blunder of the whole system.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:20 AM
Originally Posted by kring
Does the 08 add a command to scroll? that's the biggest blunder of the whole system.
I have not been able to find one.... I have tried "more" "next" "scroll dammit" and "piece of ****!". None of these have worked.

Old 10-18-2007, 08:03 AM
Guys I have a 08 G37 Coupe (September Build? -- will confirm later) and it does have the specific commands for:

satellite radio channel 80
temperature 72

I too wish there was a way to scroll with voice on the POI lists.

Old 10-20-2007, 01:59 AM
I just picked up my 08 sedan yesterday and it has the same problem; much fewer voice commands. I verified today it does not have the commands for climate and XM channels. Mine was built in September and has all options except tech package.

Hopefully they will release an update to fix this. Many thanks to DJG35 for posting this info.

Last edited by tlopes; 10-20-2007 at 02:02 AM.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:09 AM
Got my G35 S yesterday... I need to go check it out... Heck, I need to figure out how to do the voice commands without all the prompting for that matter. LOL

Guess that happens when you have had it less than 24hrs..

Old 10-20-2007, 04:18 AM
In addition to the deleted voice commands I hear that new models no longer have the auto raising steering wheel and auto backing driver seat feature. Is that true?

Old 10-20-2007, 08:47 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MAH4546
In addition to the deleted voice commands I hear that new models no longer have the auto raising steering wheel and auto backing driver seat feature. Is that true?

that would stink if they cut that out, I love that feature.. that is strange to remove because it's not a physical feature, it's simply a software feature.

It would be nice if they had a sensor on the auto-seat-back feature, I've trapped a few people back there by the seat sliding back and pinning their feet under the seat.... it's quite funny actually, but it should sense if something is back there... almost crushed my laptop too, had the bag back there and as it's going back I heard a crack, luckily it was just an empty water bottle being crushed and not the LCD

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 08 Voice Recognition Commands