G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

On the verge on buying a G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 12:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On the verge on buying a G35

I'm looking to buy a 08 6MT with the Premium and Navi packages. Should I wait until December when they have the Winter Sales Event? Do you think they will have some APR deals for the G?

Old 10-17-2007, 02:13 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, wait - if you have good credit they'll give you a good rate.

Old 10-17-2007, 07:50 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't wait- go see what the rate is now... often the winter rate is only better for people with lower credit rating... if your top-tier you'll get the 5.9 anyway. it doesn't hurt to go in and see what your actually deal will be.

They told me 6.9% So I went for it and after they ran my application and it came back I was given 5.9 even though they weren't offering it... the sales man said that only happens if you have good credit, they don't like to advertise that rate since most people don't qualify.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Try to get an 07 too - same car, great deals.

Old 10-17-2007, 09:25 AM
Bad Toro
I doubt you'll get any better deals on it during the winter unless you're buying an "X".

Old 10-17-2007, 10:30 AM
When I bought mine they were advertising 2.9%, that was Sept. 03... so I guess that wasn't the Winter Sales Event, but I guess like kring said it doesn't hurt to go now and find out what they'll offer.

Old 10-17-2007, 02:06 PM
The more important question is, why are you still on the verge?

Old 10-17-2007, 03:14 PM
Winter Sales is usually for an older model (or outgoing model)
The new 07 and 08s are selling well as is - I doubt there would be any added incentive - then again, its your money, your call

Old 10-17-2007, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by Joe_Camel
When I bought mine they were advertising 2.9%, that was Sept. 03... so I guess that wasn't the Winter Sales Event, but I guess like kring said it doesn't hurt to go now and find out what they'll offer.
Though, interest rates across the board in 03 were much better than today.

Old 10-17-2007, 11:20 PM
Originally Posted by airhoppz
The more important question is, why are you still on the verge?
He doesn't want buy now and find out 2 months later that he could have gotten a much better deal.

Old 10-18-2007, 08:44 AM
Always buy the newest model car... never buy last years if the new year is available. unless you can some how manage a deal that is $6000 or more below invoice. Most car salesman don't even know how this works because its is a difficult concept to explain and it's not tangible. It's the same concept that people who buy anything less then a 30year fixed mortgage can't understand how they didn't get a good deal.

Car buying is a science of complicated math and finance... The simple truth is, the only good deal you are getting is when you buy a 2 year old used car with low miles, other then that... your wasting your time trying to find a good deal.

You are never getting a good deal on a new car. Cars depreciate from the day the new model comes out... even when it's sitting on the lot it's getting 1 day older and dropping in value. Even if you don't buy the car this week... next week when you buy the car you still ate that depreciation... it didn't magically disappear and the dealer didn't pay it. If you buy a car the day the new model is released you are probably going to pay between MSRP and Invoice. now 12 months later you have had the car for a year, enjoyed it, drove it and it's still a "2008" model.

The person waiting and buying the 2008 model when the 2009's get released is not getting a good deal because the car's has depreciated on the lot, he's buying an "old" car with low miles (0 miles) he will probably get below invoice because the car depreciated a few thousand throughout the 2008 year, while you were enjoying your car, he was paying for a car he didn't even buy yet.

Guy buys 2008 in October 2007 - in 2 year his car is worth $26,000
Guy buys 2008 in October 2008 - in 1 year his car is worth $26,000

Resale and car value has nothing to do with the month you bought the car in... Resale value is all about the year and the mileage of the car. in the scenario above you enjoyed the new car for 2 years as opposed to 1 year and you are both in the same resale value... however you are in a much better position because you only owe 3 years of payments while he still owes 4 years of payments. you'll walk away with thousands more then he did! and at the 5 year mark, you'll have the car paid off and he still owes thousands.

The real truth is that you should buy a new car the day it comes out, even if it cost more. Buying last years model is almost never a good deal, your paying near full price for a car that's already 1 year old.

So go for the 2008.

And keep in mind too... fully loaded cars ALWAYS have higher resale value. it might cost you more upfront or more a month, but when you sell the car you recoup a percentage of the package cost PLUS your car will sell MUCH faster and easier meaning can move out quicker and avoid another months depreciation.

Buy the latest 2008 model with the most options you can get and do it as soon as you know that you have made up your mind. Even if it costs you a few thousand more then a brand new 2007. it works out better for you (the owner)

Last edited by kring; 10-18-2007 at 08:53 AM.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by Joe_Camel
He doesn't want buy now and find out 2 months later that he could have gotten a much better deal.

Baaah, its all just green pieces of paper!

Old 10-18-2007, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by kring
Always buy the newest model car... never buy last years if the new year is available.

It's the same concept that people who buy anything less then a 30year fixed mortgage can't understand how they didn't get a good deal.

Buy the latest 2008 model with the most options you can get and do it as soon as you know that you have made up your mind. Even if it costs you a few thousand more then a brand new 2007. it works out better for you (the owner)
..this sentiment needs to be qualified with "if you plan on selling/trading in 3 to 4 years"

If you plan on keeping your car - like the culture dictated in American 15 years ago and still does in Europe - then after 8 to 10 years it won't make a damn bit of difference. On the other hand if you are a car-jigalo and have to have a new toy every 2 years - then lease.

If you are somewhere in the middle you will get screwed out of thousands on a luxury or pseudo-luxury car when you sell or trade regardless of the year, brand or mileage.

Old 10-19-2007, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by muffinmans
..this sentiment needs to be qualified with "if you plan on selling/trading in 3 to 4 years"

If you plan on keeping your car - like the culture dictated in American 15 years ago and still does in Europe - then after 8 to 10 years it won't make a damn bit of difference. On the other hand if you are a car-jigalo and have to have a new toy every 2 years - then lease.

If you are somewhere in the middle you will get screwed out of thousands on a luxury or pseudo-luxury car when you sell or trade regardless of the year, brand or mileage.

I would not recommend to anyone to buy a car with the intent of keeping it more then 5 years... Cars have a 5 year cycle on them. Buy the car with the intent to unload it in 5 years, THEN, when 5 years comes up, if the car has been amazing, has a good service history, reasonable miles, etc... then Commit to the car for 5 more years.

People often have trouble understanding how even though the car is paid off in 5 years, it still is costing you the same amount of money to drive it in years 6-10 as it did in years 1-5. When you do a 5 year finance your are actually paying for 10 years of driving, when you final payment is made in 5 years, you still have approx 50% of the value in the car. 5 years is the perfect time to exit out of that car unless as I mentioned, it's been amazing and worth the gamble of still spending $5000 a year on the 5year old car. In the majority of the cases, you are better off taking your $18,000 in value in the car and jumping to a new car. If you are going to spend $5000, why not do it on a new car with a warranty instead of letting your current car depreciate and give you repair costs of $5000 a year.

Old 10-19-2007, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by kring
..... it's been amazing and worth the gamble of still spending $5000 a year on the 5year old car. In the majority of the cases, you are better off taking your $18,000 in value in the car and jumping to a new car. If you are going to spend $5000, why not do it on a new car with a warranty instead of letting your current car depreciate and give you repair costs of $5000 a year.
I'm yet to own a car which costs $5000/yr *AFTER* having paid it off. (I am assuming you are not including gas costs !!).
Maybe I'm just lucky
I think most folks here would be in the same boat as I am - stay away from crappy POS cars, and you'll spend far less than $5k/yr on it

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: On the verge on buying a G35