G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

08 Premium Package. Is it worth the money?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 06:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
oh i'm sorry 2500 dollars

Old 12-31-2007, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by muffinmans
Good luck trading or selling your G in a couple of years without it. You will take a noticeable hit - as there is already a glut of used g's on the market - can you imagine in three years? Not only will you be trying to unload a car with worse power and fuel mileage then the current model, but one with less features then most 5 year old g's.

I learned this the hard way trying to unload a 2 door Honda Accord...OUCH!!!

okay now you're comparing apples to oranges. first off a honda accord is not a luxury sports sedan by any means. hell, it's not even a sports coupe. it's an economy car with about 10 at every red light, that might be your problem on resale value. there are lots of G's out there, but no match to honda's population.

the infiniti g35 sedan comes with the most standard features in its class. and do you honestly think your car is going to cost 4000 more dollars because you have the packages? HA okay. your packages are only going to increase the value of this car by about five hundred to a thousand dollars in five years, you'll see.

Old 12-31-2007, 08:04 PM
btw one never ends up paying 2500 for premium coz if anyone had any brains at all they woiuld be paying close to invoice price or under and invoice price for the premium package is not $2500, 1800 or something? check edmunds.

Old 01-01-2008, 01:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ugaexploder
okay now you're comparing apples to oranges. first off a honda accord is not a luxury sports sedan by any means. hell, it's not even a sports coupe. it's an economy car with about 10 at every red light, that might be your problem on resale value. there are lots of G's out there, but no match to honda's population.

the infiniti g35 sedan comes with the most standard features in its class. and do you honestly think your car is going to cost 4000 more dollars because you have the packages? HA okay. your packages are only going to increase the value of this car by about five hundred to a thousand dollars in five years, you'll see.
Where I live(Long Island - Nassau, South shore) there are just as many Gs as Honda Accords, but that is besides the point. I will try to be clearer. The point I was trying to make was that if had bought a Honda Accord Sedan instead of a coupe it would have been much easier to sell our car. The Accord was loaded, but we could not move it because it only had 2 doors.

This leads me to consider certain features when purchasing a car - although I may not perceive many options to be that special - when unloading a car others may. The point that I have not made clear enough is not that you will get less money for a car without the average level of features - it is that you will not be able to sell your car without the average level of features.

If someone is selling a G35 with similar mileage, color and years and one has the dimming rear view mirror and one does not - one has the memory seat and one does not etc... to a second hand car buyer -it is a potential deal breaker. Plus it may be easier to get a better deal on a premium package car given that the majority of cars on the lot have the premium package. Again, I am just speaking from my experience...

Old 01-01-2008, 02:14 PM
IMHO, the premium package is worth more than the others, even nav. Now before I get flamed, let me add a point: nav systems are about to get very sophisticated. They will not only interact with the satellites, they are soon going to take data from other nav systems around you to give you a better read on traffic and other factors. This interactivity may make all the existing systems obsolete.

I opted out of the nav because it wasn't going to be upgrade-able. In the trade off between built in and state of the art, I chose to go with the latter.

Old 01-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by TT C6
I think the question is this:
Is the Stereo on Wheels, Bluetooth, and I-pod interface worth $1,120?

$1120 is how much more a Premium package car costs over a Base G35x with the Sunroof option.
Heated seats and XM standard for 08 G35x.
I think the question is THIS: Are the premium package features listed above worth it to YOU?? We've all given you our opinions, now you get to decide.

Old 01-01-2008, 05:34 PM
You may not haf za premium package.
You may not haf za moon roof.
You vill drive your Trabant and you vill like it!

Old 01-01-2008, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by muffinmans
Where I live(Long Island - Nassau, South shore) there are just as many Gs as Honda Accords, but that is besides the point. I will try to be clearer. The point I was trying to make was that if had bought a Honda Accord Sedan instead of a coupe it would have been much easier to sell our car. The Accord was loaded, but we could not move it because it only had 2 doors.

This leads me to consider certain features when purchasing a car - although I may not perceive many options to be that special - when unloading a car others may. The point that I have not made clear enough is not that you will get less money for a car without the average level of features - it is that you will not be able to sell your car without the average level of features.

If someone is selling a G35 with similar mileage, color and years and one has the dimming rear view mirror and one does not - one has the memory seat and one does not etc... to a second hand car buyer -it is a potential deal breaker. Plus it may be easier to get a better deal on a premium package car given that the majority of cars on the lot have the premium package. Again, I am just speaking from my experience...

i see what you're saying...i guess i'll just try my best to keep it running strong and clean inside

Old 01-01-2008, 07:16 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by G35Now!
I think the question is THIS: Are the premium package features listed above worth it to YOU?? We've all given you our opinions, now you get to decide.
Exactly!

The word "worth" is being mentioned a lot in this thread and it's something that will be different for everyone. While the PP is worth every penny to ME, it doesn't mean it will be for the next person. Only the buyer can determine whether certain features are "worth" their cost.

Old 01-01-2008, 07:24 PM
Gotta get it IMO. If you break it down, it's only going to change you payment by a few bucks a month. It make the car a lot more pleasurable to drive.