G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Is intelligent key a gimmick?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 07:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1: u cant lock your keys inside your car.
2: if your carrying a ****load of things.. and u cant take out your keys and fumble around trying to stick it in the slot.. while u can simply push a button.
3: u wont scratch up your car by accident.
4: its cool
5: You can roll down all your windows in the summer to air it out at a touch of a button
6: u dont have your keys dangling from the steering wheel
7: its cool

Old 11-19-2007, 07:42 AM
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
You can also showoff to your friends.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:50 AM
Not having to take my gloves off in the winter to find/use the keys. Legit.

Old 11-19-2007, 10:25 AM
The i-key is just plain cool.

Old 11-19-2007, 10:40 AM
Oh oh can i join in please?!?!?!?!?!

lol ill save the flame...

GWHIZZER pretty much summed it up

After owning this car i will never buy another car with out an IKEY

Old 11-19-2007, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by speedracerg35
i don't see the point of your post. even if you lost a regular set of keys on a ski slope, you couldn't have a locksmith come and get your car started. all modern keys come microchipped for security. a key that a locksmith cuts for you will get you in the door, but most likely the factory alarm will be going off and the car will not start with that key.

so anyway, the intelligent key is a thing of convenience for most people. you may not see the point of it, but it is one less thing not to have to go searching for your keys in your pants or jacket pockets.
I tell customers this all the time. When it first came out on the 07 altima, people would be like o wow that cool...but if i leave the key in the car, cant they steal it? lol. My answer would be simply, do you leave your regular keys in the car? Cuz they can also steal it if you leave those in there lol.

Originally Posted by speedracerg35
welll, actually, a locksmith can cut a regular key with from the vin. so technically, a key can be cut for him by a locksmith. an older car (98 and newer cars can have keys cut by the vin) may not have chipped keys and have their cars started by a spare cut by a locksmith.
Negitive. On my 05 Maxima, which doesnt have an intelligent key, I can have the key cut just by the vin. This key wont work however until brought over to a service department and programmed to the ecu.

What I recomend you do if you "lose your keys on a ski slope" is use that handy 24 hour infiniti roadside assistance card.

People try now and then to make arguments, well what if I lose it. The answer is simple..."well what if you lost your regular keys".

Old 11-19-2007, 10:54 AM
My friend just bought a brand new 5series. She was showing it off, we got inside, and she was all proud and gloating about her push button ignition. BUT...she still had to put her key into a little slot that was right next to the button. It honestly was lame after being so used to our IKey. Very tastefully I walked her over to my car and showed her how our key works. Push button is cool no matter what, but the way Infiniti/Nissan did it was definitely the way to go. IKEY FTW!!!

Old 11-19-2007, 11:08 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by G-Whizzer
OP must be high on crack...
Why WOULDN'T you want a smart key?
At (3) total posts, you sound a bit like a troll. But, hey, I'm game.
1. Never having to remove the key from your pocket.
2. Having the car adjust the seats, mirrors, etc, based on your fob (up to 2 total)
3. Never having to remove the key from your pocket. (or purse for you ladies)
4. Pushing a button to open the trunk (Never having to remove the key from your pocket)
5. Push a button to start and stop the engine (Never having to remove the key from your pocket)
6. oh yeah, Never having to remove the key from your pocket.

So losing your key is your major complaint? If you never have to remove it from your pocket, the odds of losing it are MUCH LOWER, no?
+1..

Old 11-19-2007, 11:08 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by TheIvoryG
My friend just bought a brand new 5series. She was showing it off, we got inside, and she was all proud and gloating about her push button ignition. BUT...she still had to put her key into a little slot that was right next to the button. It honestly was lame after being so used to our IKey. Very tastefully I walked her over to my car and showed her how our key works. Push button is cool no matter what, but the way Infiniti/Nissan did it was definitely the way to go. IKEY FTW!!!
Interesting, I didn't know bimmers were like that. To me, that completely defeats the purpose of push button start.

Old 11-19-2007, 11:11 AM
Yup all Bimmers are the same..i was driving a new X5 this week end (what a hell of a car ) and i had to stik the little fob in a hole everytime to start it

My friends 2007 Maxima is the same well actually diff....you keep the ikey in your pocket but you have to turn a key that is embedded in the ingition...kinda weird but whatever

Old 11-19-2007, 11:45 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by TheIvoryG
i love the ikey also..the only thing that nissan/infiniti duffed up is unlike the lexus all you need to do is have it in your pocket purse or murse (man purse) and pull the door handle and its already open as opposed to in ours you have to press the button. on the lexus the button on the door is only used to lock the car. but to open it all you do is walk up pull the handle and your in.

Old 11-19-2007, 11:51 AM
I actually get pissed now whenever I actually have to take my keys out of my pocket...why can't my damn house have an intelligent key.

Then theres the bling factor of your friends saying "OMGZ YOU PUSH DA BUTTONZ?!?!" (in those exact words). It does wonders for your street cred.

Old 11-19-2007, 11:52 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by UltimateGee27
My friends 2007 Maxima is the same well actually diff....you keep the ikey in your pocket but you have to turn a key that is embedded in the ingition...kinda weird but whatever
Yeah, the 2008 FX is the same way,it's like an all black plastic dummy-key that you have to push in and turn like a regular ignition. (I took the FX as a loaner today)

Old 11-19-2007, 11:54 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fecurtis
I actually get pissed now whenever I actually have to take my keys out of my pocket...why can't my damn house have an intelligent key.
I thought I remember mercedes having or were demonstrating a similar system.. and what was even cooler, they didn't have a FOB, they had a credit card with the sensor on it, so you literally slipped it in your wallet like your Amex and left it there forever... now you couldn't leave the house and forget your wallet

Old 11-19-2007, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by fecurtis
I'M SO ON BOARD FOR THAT!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is intelligent key a gimmick?