G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Reflash=WOW

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 05:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FZ1
Sorry to hijack the thread, but what bluetooth fix are you referring to? I can't find any TSB's or recalls for it on infinitihelp.com.

I'd love to get my xv6800 working with my '07 w/nav (the phone already works with an '08 w/o nav).
ITB07015

It pertains to your voice memory for the address book being completely erased. For me it happened whenever I'd walk away from the car, lose bluetooth sync and come back into the car, or when bluetooth was off on the phone and I turned it on while the car was on. That was with my old phone, my new phone doesn't seem to have the same problem, but I stopped using voice address book some time ago because I kept having to re-do it. More detail here: https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...lost+voicetags

Old 12-17-2007, 05:47 PM
FZ1
Thanks for the clarification. Infiniti calls that TSB an update for the voice recognition system (see attached). I've got the update, it fixed what it says it fixes, but no help for my phone. I guess there isn't any phone/bluetooth specific TSB available, yet.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
ITB07-015a.pdf (196.3 KB, 137 views)
Old 12-17-2007, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by FZ1
Thanks for the clarification. Infiniti calls that TSB an update for the voice recognition system (see attached). I've got the update, it fixed what it says it fixes, but no help for my phone. I guess there isn't any phone/bluetooth specific TSB available, yet.
On mine it would ONLY delete the voicetags for phone numbers and not the voice tags for navigation. It'd also only happen directly after powering on my bluetooth device while the car was on. Hence why I classify it as a bluetooth problem, but in reality it is voice recognition.

Thanks, I'll bring the PDF with me since my dealer SUCKS.

Old 12-17-2007, 06:43 PM
FZ1
No problem. It makes sense why you'd call your experience a bluetooth problem.

FYI and back to the topic, I've heard the TSB ITB07-045 reflash supersedes ITB07-028a - 2007 INFINITI G35; CRUISE CONTROL SURGES WHEN GOING DOWNHILL. I had the ITB07-045 reflash applied and see the same exact improvements listed in this thread.

I can't speak any higher of my Infiniti dealer than you can BrianV, and even with the printouts it was a battle getting them to apply these fixes.

The TSB's .pdf was to large for this forum, download here http://www.sendspace.com/file/d0ewcf

Old 12-17-2007, 08:34 PM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
I thought it was me.

Man trying to drive my G35 smooth is a problem. I was wearing dress shoes instead of sneakers today and made tire noise out of my kids daycare. Not very adult like to smoke tires out of the daycare.

I will get my ecu reflashed at my 15,000 mile service. $500 at my stealership by the way. I am already clocking 12,200 miles today on my G35.

Old 12-17-2007, 11:44 PM
Originally Posted by FZ1
No problem. It makes sense why you'd call your experience a bluetooth problem.

FYI and back to the topic, I've heard the TSB ITB07-045 reflash supersedes ITB07-028a - 2007 INFINITI G35; CRUISE CONTROL SURGES WHEN GOING DOWNHILL. I had the ITB07-045 reflash applied and see the same exact improvements listed in this thread.

I can't speak any higher of my Infiniti dealer than you can BrianV, and even with the printouts it was a battle getting them to apply these fixes.

The TSB's .pdf was to large for this forum, download here http://www.sendspace.com/file/d0ewcf
Thanks for the link, I guess I'll shoot for 07-045. None of the symptoms listed in that pdf match what I'm experiencing so I don't know how to say it. Generally my dealer doesn't respond well to me telling them what to do or what to flash. I'm better off doing what I always do which is, "I'm having XYZ problem and my friend who is an Infinti tech in Los Angeles told me it's related to this and gave me this TSB number." I play it dumb a little and it gives them the opportunity to verify the symptom.

Old 12-18-2007, 07:43 PM
Having just returned from the dealer and the reflash, I can echo the WOW!!!
Totally different feel to the pedal and acceleration. If you have an '07 6mt, and you qualify for the "cruise control" fix, go directly to your dealer and insist on the reflash. The only negative I see at the moment is that it seems that the mpg has gotten worse. Could be that the whole system needs to settle down, but how nice it is to have spent the 40,000 and get a car that not only is quick, agile, comfortable and now SMOOTH.

Old 12-18-2007, 07:53 PM
I brought my car in to have a few things fixed during my third oil change:

ECU
Heated seats
Key fob replacement

They were "unable to duplicate the issue" of the cruise control surging that I lied about (my car does fall under the proper vins/build dates). Then they said they never heard of the issue before and didn't even have the software/equipment to perform the TSB (Santa Monica Infiniti). Maybe I will try again next time.

Old 12-19-2007, 08:38 AM
I was the first car that the dealer had ever re-flashed. They had just gotten the computer to do it. I was a bit jumpy after they told me, then again it was after the fact. They also said there was only absolutes in regard to the flash. Either it takes or doesn't, meaning there would not be a problem down the road that did not surface immediately. It was interesting to watch. For example they had to connect an external power source to the battery because they said the car had to have constant power to accomplish the flash. I did have to bring in the TSB to show them. They did not replace the CC sensor because they would have had to order it, and they knew (wink, wink) that I only wanted the reflash done to correct the throttle BS. Seriously, this is an amazing change. My next step is POP Chargers and am contemplating an exhaust system, but the price is steep.

Old 12-19-2007, 10:17 AM
pedro,

Which TSB did they do, 28 or 45?

Originally Posted by pedropedro
I was the first car that the dealer had ever re-flashed. They had just gotten the computer to do it. I was a bit jumpy after they told me, then again it was after the fact. They also said there was only absolutes in regard to the flash. Either it takes or doesn't, meaning there would not be a problem down the road that did not surface immediately. It was interesting to watch. For example they had to connect an external power source to the battery because they said the car had to have constant power to accomplish the flash. I did have to bring in the TSB to show them. They did not replace the CC sensor because they would have had to order it, and they knew (wink, wink) that I only wanted the reflash done to correct the throttle BS. Seriously, this is an amazing change. My next step is POP Chargers and am contemplating an exhaust system, but the price is steep.

Old 12-19-2007, 12:52 PM
does the re-flash have any effect on our harddrives? i dont think it does, but id hate to have something happen to all of the cd's ive burned into the car.

also, for everyone else that got this done, did they actually replace the ICC unit or just reflash? id just want a reflash if its truly worth it.

Old 12-20-2007, 05:07 AM
Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts
G35x
It had no effect on my hard drive. I may still need my ICC sensor replaced but it can certainly be done without replacing as was the case with my car.

Old 12-20-2007, 08:26 AM
the tsb was the 28

there were no other changes to the system that I noticed. All my settings, all my music etc were the same. In fact, the song I had been playing on the music box picked up exactly where I stopped it when I turned off the system at the dealer. All nav settings were still there also.

I will say it again, if you have an '07 6MT and can get the reflash done, you will be very pleased.

Last edited by pedropedro; 12-20-2007 at 08:30 AM. Reason: additional info
Old 12-20-2007, 07:12 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ChristianN
The dealer here refused to do this TSB along with the TSB for the voice recognition for me because they are "US service bulletins".
Christian, you must have rubbed them the wrong way

Hyatt Calgary just did my re-flash today along with fob replacement. I just told them the cruise was surging on down-hill roads (true - was a very annoying problem last summer) and mentioned I'd heard about a TSB that covered the issue. They're also replacing my steering column as it can be pulled down 1/4" or so (with a clunk) after it auto-adjusts after startup. They also did my seat heater TSB without complaint on my first service. They were, however, a bit grumpy when I told them I didn't want them to do the "inspection" - a waste of time and $$ at only 11,000kms - I got away with $37 for an oil change.

Back to topic: the car is definitely smoother now - a bit like snow mode throttle de-sensitive setting but not quite so soft.

Old 12-21-2007, 11:43 AM
My steering column also does the clunk thing, but the dealer said they couldn't reproduce it. It's not that big a deal, so I may just let it go for a bit, but interesting that your dealer agreed to replace your column.

They did do the 045 reflash for me, and the car drives noticeably better. Much smoother acceleration, but if I hit it, it still jumps.