G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Reflash=WOW

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 11:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reflash=WOW

Parts came in yesterday and had the ICC project done. New ECU reprogram included. Wow what a difference. I was used to the hard launches because I drive it kinda hard all the time anyway. But now with the reflash you can just cruise around a little easier. I realize that the car used to kind of egg me on a bit so to speak. I will still drive hard but now it is so smooth. Off the line you can gently accelertate and normal shifts in between gears are butter smooth. The beast has been tamed. But jam the go pedal and it's still a beast.....just refined now.

Old 11-29-2007, 11:04 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
so you got it from your dealer. because i want it done on mine too.

Old 11-29-2007, 11:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The dealer here refused to do this TSB along with the TSB for the voice recognition for me because they are "US service bulletins".

Old 11-29-2007, 11:54 AM
Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts
G35x
What was the build month for your car? They didn't replaced ICC sensor in my car. I think tech overlooked this item on the job but I'll find out on next visit.

Originally Posted by caveman666
Parts came in yesterday and had the ICC project done. New ECU reprogram included. Wow what a difference. I was used to the hard launches because I drive it kinda hard all the time anyway. But now with the reflash you can just cruise around a little easier. I realize that the car used to kind of egg me on a bit so to speak. I will still drive hard but now it is so smooth. Off the line you can gently accelertate and normal shifts in between gears are butter smooth. The beast has been tamed. But jam the go pedal and it's still a beast.....just refined now.

Old 11-29-2007, 12:17 PM
Haven't had my car reflashed (since it's an '08), but I had a '07 loaner and there is a HUGE difference.

Like you mentioned the '07 is very "jumpy" and the '08 is very smooth. The only hard shifts are in DS mode - which is how it should be.

Old 11-29-2007, 02:04 PM
Does the reflash apply to 6spds? I don't have the jerky off the line throttle but when I lift off the throttle (especially going down hills) it really jerks, same with when using cruise control sometimes.

Old 11-29-2007, 02:40 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by ChristianN
The dealer here refused to do this TSB along with the TSB for the voice recognition for me because they are "US service bulletins".
Thats strange Christian because I told the SM and the Tech about the TSB and the tech and I went for a ride in my car and then he looked up the TSB and found it.
Note this is for the reflash for the cruise control surge.
I didn't have time to do it this service so they are doing it for me at the next service.

Old 11-29-2007, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by ChristianN
Sounds terrible. Any other Canadians get this? I'm planning to get mine done in 2 weeks. I have felt the surges in the ICC when going downhill, easily noticable down the stretch of this suspension bridge.

Old 11-30-2007, 04:12 PM
Hi,
When I booked my G in for its first oil change and I-Key replacement, I also said that I wanted this TSB done. The service advisor "questioned" whether I had actually experienced the problem or was just going on what people were saying on the Internet. He said that no one else had complained or mentioned the TSB. I told him that I had experienced the problem and that my car was, according to its build date and VIN, one of the ones affected. I then e-Mailed the Infiniti Sales Manager, told him about the questioning and attached a copy of the TSB. When I got there for my oil change etc. I gave the Service Advisor a copy of the TSB and there was "mysteriously" no problem at all. The ECM was reprogrammed successfully with GREAT results. Very noticeable improvement. On the work order it just said "Reprogram ECU as per Bulletin".

Old 12-03-2007, 12:52 PM
BUMP, any feedback on this TSB for 6MTs?

Old 12-03-2007, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by treacherous
What was the build month for your car? They didn't replaced ICC sensor in my car. I think tech overlooked this item on the job but I'll find out on next visit.
Sorry it took so long, my date was 10/06. Can't believe I have had it a year already. Still makes me just stare at it though. And now with this reflash it is like a new car again.

Old 12-03-2007, 04:36 PM
I took my 6MT in for its first oil change last week. I noted that the cruise control was surging on hills. After picking the G up I was told "It's normal for cruise control to do that on 6MT." Was also told that the clicking my clutch now makes when depressing the pedal is "normal." I was too busy to argue, but did put a dent in my confidence of the dealer.

Chalk one up to Infiniti of Memphis.

Old 12-03-2007, 04:47 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
what is the bulletin number.. i def want to get it done asap

Old 12-03-2007, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by TulaneDane
I took my 6MT in for its first oil change last week. I noted that the cruise control was surging on hills. After picking the G up I was told "It's normal for cruise control to do that on 6MT." Was also told that the clicking my clutch now makes when depressing the pedal is "normal." I was too busy to argue, but did put a dent in my confidence of the dealer.

Chalk one up to Infiniti of Memphis.
Dealers suck. I find the surging happens to me ALL the time when I'm not using cruise control. I drive hilly roads to work and if I'm in sixth gear and lift off the throttle a little bit, I'm met with a pretty dramatic surge.

Old 12-04-2007, 10:58 PM
i brought mine in and they tried to give me crap about not having any parts available for a 6mt and when i told him to call i dealership that i know already performed it they said that dealership didn't use the right parts AND they couldn't do it anyway because my car is lowered.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Reflash=WOW