G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Illuminated Kickplates

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 09:01 AM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Illuminated Kickplates

Anyone successfully put the iluminated Infiniti kickplates into their sedan?

Jason,
If you're around, can you confirm if the 08 illuminated kickplates will fit the 07 G sedan and if so, what our cost would be?
I'm first in line if it's doable!
Thanks!

Last edited by AesonVirus; 12-24-2007 at 03:18 PM.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:49 AM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
Smile im in

I'll second that, if its doable ill be the second in line for sure.

Old 12-24-2007, 01:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are several threads on this... I think only the coupe comes with illuminated sills. The JDM version of the sedan comes with them, and you can order them from japanparts, but they say "skyline" rather than "infiniti"

I've been trying to put together my own for some time... got the EL tape and all, but the metal fabrication is taking longer than expected.

Old 12-24-2007, 01:48 AM
You know Ive been involved in several of these kickplate threads and someone always, without fail, says that the kickplates come for the coupe. Yes we all know that. But the question is will they fit in the sedan. Ive seen the coupe plates, look about the same size to me, and its not like the plates can tell what car they are in.

Vig me and you just put M ***** in our cars so what makes you think we cant order the plates and put them in our cars. Only thing would be to confirm fitment right? Well Ive PMd Jason several times with no response and no one seems to want to look into fitment on this. Seems like an easy thing to confirm so wtf............

Old 12-24-2007, 02:28 AM
Originally Posted by kre62
You know Ive been involved in several of these kickplate threads and someone always, without fail, says that the kickplates come for the coupe. Yes we all know that. But the question is will they fit in the sedan. Ive seen the coupe plates, look about the same size to me, and its not like the plates can tell what car they are in.
I measured everything... the coupe sills are almost a foot longer than the sedan's...

Vig me and you just put M ***** in our cars so what makes you think we cant order the plates and put them in our cars. Only thing would be to confirm fitment right? Well Ive PMd Jason several times with no response and no one seems to want to look into fitment on this. Seems like an easy thing to confirm so wtf............
I don't know about the M sills... I would guess that if they're the same size, it should be a straight swap. But keep in mind that the Gs were VERY different between 06 and 07... the new ones have rounded edges and the dimensions are different, so I have no idea whether the M ones (new or old) are the same size.

The front sills on the 07s are 23 5/8" and the rears are 8 and 3/4" on our cars. If anybody has an M and can take a look at the sills, that will tell you whether or not they'll fit.

Either way, I'll probably go my route though... I have the tape, spare sills and we're getting someone to do the fabrication. But you can always just call the dealer and get the dimensions... or if you're friendly with the parts guy have him show you.

Or just go to the showroom and compare yours with an M and see.

Old 12-24-2007, 12:09 PM
Well I was still talking about the coupe sills. I looked at them and they didnt seem that big to me. So you measured them huh. Did you measure the sedan kickplate area, maybe they can be made to work. Althouth looking into theM sills is a good idea too.

Old 12-24-2007, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by kre62
Well I was still talking about the coupe sills. I looked at them and they didnt seem that big to me. So you measured them huh. Did you measure the sedan kickplate area, maybe they can be made to work. Althouth looking into theM sills is a good idea too.

We've been working on this for 3 months... there are people here working on the older gen sedans for longer than that. There are people with CNC machines, coupes, sedans and even G37s that we've looked at and measured.

Trust me, the coupe sills do not fit the sedan... they're not even constructed the same way, let alone the fact that they're not the same size.

But like I said, head to the dealer and take a look at a coupe and an M. Hopefully the M stuff will fit and that will be that.

Old 12-24-2007, 03:13 PM
I've seen on several different sites that the 08 G35 "Sedan" has an available option for Illuminated Kickplates.
See here
Or here
(Yes, I know.. it's not listed on Infiniti's website)
But... several other sites do list them on the 08 Infiniti G35 Sedan option list.
All lists show them at $320- (WTF)

If they are available for the 08 Sedan, I want them for my 07.

I'm just looking for facts.
I know the Coupe doesn't fit.
Never even thought about the M so maybe that's another option.

Last edited by AesonVirus; 12-24-2007 at 03:17 PM.
Old 12-24-2007, 07:38 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am looking into fitment of the 08 sedan kick plates to the 07... and what is required for installation...

Old 12-26-2007, 05:57 PM
Thank You!!!

Old 12-26-2007, 06:06 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
At the moment, I do not have a part number for the illuminated kick plates off the 08...

Jan 1st when the new parts list cd's come out it may have it...

Old 01-05-2008, 02:54 PM
Bumping... Any luck on finding part numbers for these?

Also curious on installation...I would assume we would need to run wiring there. The 07 wouldn't be pre-wired.

Old 01-05-2008, 03:23 PM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
I'm also patiently waiting... I want them! ;D

Old 01-05-2008, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by Fast07GSdn
I'm also patiently waiting... I want them! ;D
You can order illuminated kickplates from japanparts.com that say Skyline.

Old 01-05-2008, 05:27 PM
Yeah... but I don't wanna mix/match Nissan/Infiniti parts and although we are driving Skylines... I'm not the type to rebadge our cars into wannabe Skylines.
Not to mention, everything from Japanparts seems to be pretty expensive by the time you pay to have the stuff shipped over.
(Although I do have my eye on that Nismo front lip)

I want the Infiniti plates, now that they are available.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Illuminated Kickplates