G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

2 days in the shop for an oil change a few TSBS?!!?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 11:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well. I got my car back. But I'm not sure what happened. They did TSB 045 though, and damn the throttle is very very different. Almost like a totally different car.

I was supposed to get an oil change too, but the sheet printed out that the oil change was declined. So I didn't pay anything. I picked it up after service hours, so the service guys weren't there to ask. I don't know if they comp'ed me, or if they didn't do the oil change for some reason. Need to call them later today to find out.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:13 PM
i'm done with them. The service guy marked my oil change and service as "declined". His only excuse was he must have accidentally done it while declining something else. WTF?!?! No real apology either.

I just made an appointment at the other dealer's service shop for my oil change. Infiniti is definitely going to hear about this.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
wow, that sux. Glad you got your car back....finally.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by dopey
i'm done with them. The service guy marked my oil change and service as "declined". His only excuse was he must have accidentally done it while declining something else. WTF?!?! No real apology either.

I just made an appointment at the other dealer's service shop for my oil change. Infiniti is definitely going to hear about this.
That's the best thing you can do. Take your money elsewhere and let Infiniti know. Sucks that you've had such a bad experience though. My dealership has been night and day compared to my previous experiences.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:46 PM
dopey...I feel your pain man, I just had another subpar service visit. Don't mean to hijack your thread. Here's a summary:

Infiniti of Chantilly, VA
Wednesday 1/9/08 - scheduled appointment and dropped car off for:
-oil change
-key programming TSB
-gas cap fix
-CC surge ECM TSB
Told them explicitly to not wash the car. Get call midday saying TSB028a doesn't apply to my car, says my VIN# is not applicable. I'm perplexed and check my VIN, it's definitely within range and new TSB was recently revised to include cars with ICC. My ECM p/n from last visit was told to be ****61A. Call them back to verify and check again, they say they will talk to technician. Finally call back late in day to say they have to order the parts, distance sensor, instructed bring car back 1 week later, 1/16 to have TSB done, pick up car and ask why all the confusion with the TSB, advisor says tech didn't check correctly or some other BS, don't know what the hell they did but sounded like a bunch of BS, to top it off they washed the car disobeying my explicit instructions not to, nice gesture by dealer but I don't want scratches, tried to justified their mistake by saying they hand wash only, I don't care I instructed not to, they give me loaner 07 G35X no premium no NAV.

1 week later 1/16/08 - drop car off in the morning to get TSB 028a fix, I suggested getting the lastet ECM TSB 045 done instead since I'm already there, get call midday saying they will have to hold car overnight because unable to locate the part # or something, part dept. has to look into it, irritated and ask is it the distance sensor or the ECM update availability, advisor is defensive and gives crap about dealers not getting alot of the parts and update for the 07s, more BS, says will update me once he hears from parts, don't hear anything back so I call to get the latest, advisor says just to be patient and they gave me a loaner anyways, they want to make sure I get the latest ECM as I requested

next day 1/17 - we have some inclimate winter weather, heard nothing from them all day, didn't know if they were open or not

2 days later 1/18 - get call in moring from advisor, says they can get distance sensor its on backorder, won't get it until next week, I give him the business and say why the hell tell me to bring it in when you can get the parts ready, they wasted alot of my time, it been almost 10 days since I had my last appointment and it took them that long to figure out they can't get the parts , he goes on saying they are unable to tell if a part is on backorder when they order something, thinking to myself why the hell not just pick up the phone and verify these thing...we are in the information age. Tell them I will pick up the car and do not want to leave it with them anymore especially over the weekend, suggest before next appointment call me first to make sure parts are in so they can perform the service

3 words, Infiniti service SUCKS (this dealer/service advisor to be exact). These guys surely don't understand customer service and communication with the client. I may or may not go back to the TSB fix, may just go to the next dealer where I purchased. To top it off, never heard one word of sorry for wasting my time from them.

I will voice my opinion to the supervisor today upon pickup today, and on any survey I get in the future.

Old 01-18-2008, 03:16 PM
you know.
the ironic part of my experience is that the service dept manager was the one who was my service rep for this visit. If the service manager can't figure out how stupid this is, and not apologize on his own, this place doesn't desrve my business.

Old 01-18-2008, 10:43 PM
i took it to the other infiniti dealer in the twin cities, mn area. Much much much better. My former regular service guys lectured me about TSB 045, and didn't replace the ICC sensor for the cruise control surging, and of course forgot to do my oil change yet had the car for 4 days .

Brought it in today to the other dealer and they did the oil change while i waited, checked the bulletin on the cruise control and confirmed the ICC sensor needs to be replaced, and ordered the part and will contact me next week when it gets in, throw me into a loaner, and do the work.

They were professional, nice, no lecture when i brought in the printed TSB, and just generally a much much better experience.

Old 01-19-2008, 10:27 PM
They were professional, nice, no lecture when i brought in the printed TSB, and just generally a much much better experience.
Excellent! Glad to hear it.

Old 01-19-2008, 10:43 PM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Dealerships.......?

Dealerships are not just in the business of selling cars, if they have a good
service department they can make a ton of money. How many times have we
heard of dealerships giving really poor service.......lots! Or service managers
chasing customers away with **** poor attitudes. I admit I wouldn't have
that kinda job for any kind of money, that kinda stress is enough to make me
start smoking again.....

Old 01-19-2008, 11:55 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i took it to the other infiniti dealer in the twin cities, mn area. Much much much better. My former regular service guys lectured me about TSB 045, and didn't replace the ICC sensor for the cruise control surging, and of course forgot to do my oil change yet had the car for 4 days .

Brought it in today to the other dealer and they did the oil change while i waited, checked the bulletin on the cruise control and confirmed the ICC sensor needs to be replaced, and ordered the part and will contact me next week when it gets in, throw me into a loaner, and do the work.

Geez, sorry I told you earlier to cut them slack. You know, I don't get why a dealer would give bad service, especially where there is competition, the quality of the service department, is a link in getting return customers, and bad service sends the elsewhere. Glad the other dealer took care of you!

Old 01-21-2008, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by wrxrocks
yes the service sucks. They took my car in for 10 days for noise from the window, then they said there is not fix for it. That is how the car is suppose to be. Now I am lost.
What window noise are U referring to??

Old 01-21-2008, 09:06 AM
dam sorry to hear about that.