G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Six CD Changer in the Trunk?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 01:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I doubt it is marketable enough to make it worth while. I will just save mine and the old liner so it can go back in when I trade or sell the car. That way it can be OEM or modified, depending on which is best at the time. The next owner can decide which way he wants it.

By the way, the new liner can be bought for under $60 from what I have seen on-line. Not bad.

Thanks again for the help!

Old 01-21-2008, 02:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sweet!!! yeah....$79 was from the dealer. will you post a link when you find it cheaper?

Old 01-21-2008, 02:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mnotx
I doubt it is marketable enough to make it worth while. I will just save mine and the old liner so it can go back in when I trade or sell the car. That way it can be OEM or modified, depending on which is best at the time. The next owner can decide which way he wants it.

By the way, the new liner can be bought for under $60 from what I have seen on-line. Not bad.

Thanks again for the help!
Can you provide a link? I've asked some places, but none of them have responded. I saw one dealer site that listed all parts of the car, but the liner was priced at $97 or so, and there was no distinction between the CD-changer and non-CD-changer liner.

Old 01-21-2008, 02:57 PM
Old 01-21-2008, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by sand99
The reason the changer is located in the trunk is because there isn't enough room in the console for the HDD for the navigation and the in dash 6-CD changer. That is why G35's without navi have the in dash 6-CD changer while cars with navi have the 6-CD changer in the trunk.

Honestly it isn't a big deal to me. I'd much rather have the HDD-based navi, even if that means the changer is located in the trunk. After all, most of my music is on my iPod anyway.
I think hes trying to suggest that the 6-disc CD changer is a bit overkill. Especially since if you have the navi, you'll be uploading songs from your CD onto the harddrive anyway. 9 gigs can accomodate a ton of songs.

I thought the samething, I thought the CD-changer was a bit unnecessary but who knows, maybe I'll end up using it one day. As for now, its never been used.

Old 01-21-2008, 07:41 PM
I usually keep a set of audio books on the cd changer. Most of these books are 4-5 CDs

Old 01-21-2008, 07:47 PM
Yeah, the CF card slot is really all anyone needs. I have not used the CD player, music box or changer since I got the car almost a year ago.

I wish the next version of the system would have what the new Crapillac CTS's have. the musicbox is 40GB's instead of 9GB's and they allow pause, rewind, etc of radio! no reason it shouldn't have this option, since free XM/sirius players have it.

Old 01-21-2008, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by mnotx
Sweet, thanks! I'm in for one! So much cheaper than the $100 people got it for a year ago. Just for everyone's record:

URL: http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...gOEM&siteid=55
Search for: 84910-JK00A
MSRP: $73.22
Price: $54.91
FedEx ground to business: $8.95

Last edited by GoofyG28; 01-21-2008 at 07:59 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:18 PM
well some people would feel that paying for an option and losing somthing would some how make them feel ripped off... they were talking about not having in the trunk for the 08's and I was surprised to see them there.

also with the gps you can record about 3000 songs into the hard drive.... so why would you need to store 6cd,s in the trunk?? unless you are a total idiot and can't figure out how to push the red rec button when you put a disk in the dash

Old 01-22-2008, 01:35 AM
Originally Posted by ZIPPYGAS
well some people would feel that paying for an option and losing somthing would some how make them feel ripped off... they were talking about not having in the trunk for the 08's and I was surprised to see them there.

also with the gps you can record about 3000 songs into the hard drive.... so why would you need to store 6cd,s in the trunk?? unless you are a total idiot and can't figure out how to push the red rec button when you put a disk in the dash
^^^+1. In fact, I have it set so it automatically records my tracks when I pop in a CD.

There may be some of us who absolutely must listen to uncompressed CD-quality tracks. Honestly, for me, I can't tell the different. Yes, maybe an audio CD has richer, fuller sound, but I'll give that up if I can get more trunk space. I've taken my friends to/from the airport often, and I find myself having a tough time sliding in a second piece of luggage because the CD change is in the way. (Yes, those extra inches of clearance really make a difference!) So I'd have to load everything from the right side first (load one piece, push it to the left, then load a second one).

I find myself using the flash drive most frequently. Easy to update, up to 2GBs at a time (some songs simply don't show up with my 4GB card), and a much faster load/seek time than with CDs.

If anyone wants my 6-disc changer, it's now for sale.

Last edited by GoofyG28; 01-22-2008 at 12:24 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by ZIPPYGAS
I can tell you why. 132bit Encoding (the best the Hard Drive unit does) sounds craptacular compared to 224bit encoding (which most of my MP3s on CD are).

*edit* Assuming, of course, that it was a 6 disc mp3 changer in the trunk instead of the useless 6 disc CD only changer.

Last edited by adamr001; 01-22-2008 at 11:07 AM.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:01 PM
does anyone know if nissan makes a cd changer that is mp3 supported?

i dont use it but if it was mp3 then i could load a few cds and keep them in there,

i dont see a point for it, but it is one of this standard luxuries people expect in a car like this

Old 01-22-2008, 01:00 PM
132bit Encoding (the best the Hard Drive unit does)
So when ripping from CD while listening onto the 9GB HD, all files are encoded at 132KKB max bit rate?

Old 01-22-2008, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by ksoze
So when ripping from CD while listening onto the 9GB HD, all files are encoded at 132KKB max bit rate?
You can encode lower than that (126bit) as well, but never any higher than 132. This is on the 07s. I don't know if they changed that for 08 or not.

Consequently, I, like most others I'd wager, use compact flash, they do hold more than a CD, especially at 224bit.

That said, I find the CF cards are a bit of their own hassle. They're small enough that you can carry a lot of them (good), but that's also bad because you can't really label them appropriately. Certainly not well enough for someone with average eyesight to read them while driving down the road. I ended up with a numbering system, but that would never work for my g/f.

Lastly, the implementation for reading CF has the easily exceeded limitation of something like 512 files, so there's not really any point in buying one larger than 2GB. I dunno about you, but I have way more music than even 10 or 20 of those will hold.

Old 01-24-2008, 02:07 PM
Related thread

FYI - we discussed this a couple months ago. I've got a post at the bottom of page 3 with pics of mine after the install.
https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...=176795&page=3

Don't forget that the 4 pins holding up the CD changer style trunk liner often bend when pulling them out AND that the non-cd change style requires 5 pins.

Also, when the changer is disconected, it is removed from the source list on the head unit (which is great).

Last edited by weinberk; 01-24-2008 at 02:19 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Six CD Changer in the Trunk?