G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Intelligent key question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 09:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by usual_suspect
You can lock the doors with the inside switches, you just can't lock it with the outside door buttons when the engine is off and the fob is inside, at least not easily. "Can't lock your keys in the car" is too broad a statement to be entirely true - there are several of ways to do it if you try hard enough.

yea someone did it, he had itchy fingers and decided to lock the car by manually pressing the lock button on the inside of the door near the window switches, and then proceeding to exit the car. lol its so old school its funny. bad habits die hard.

1. always lock/unlock with either remote or the outer door handle buttons.
2. always have the remote on your body, i.e i clip it on my belt loop or I have it in my pants pocket.. that way... no scenario of leaving in jackets etc etc...

Old 02-27-2008, 10:30 AM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by jdanielsg
yea someone did it, he had itchy fingers and decided to lock the car by manually pressing the lock button on the inside of the door near the window switches, and then proceeding to exit the car. lol its so old school its funny. bad habits die hard.

1. always lock/unlock with either remote or the outer door handle buttons.
2. always have the remote on your body, i.e i clip it on my belt loop or I have it in my pants pocket.. that way... no scenario of leaving in jackets etc etc...
+1.

There are also a couple of dead spots in the interior and in the trunk (on '05's, anyway) that you can leave the fob and still lock up the normal way.
It's supposed to be foolproof, but they always underestimate us fools.

Old 02-28-2008, 05:32 AM
Originally Posted by usual_suspect
+1.

There are also a couple of dead spots in the interior and in the trunk (on '05's, anyway) that you can leave the fob and still lock up the normal way.
It's supposed to be foolproof, but they always underestimate us fools.

oh yes forgot to mention he placed the fob in the cupholder or something like that.

Old 02-28-2008, 08:15 PM
They can take a little getting used to, especially the starter button. My daughter drove her G35 Sport to work, after having it for almost six months, and went inside. Luckily she came out for lunch, because she had left the car running. I really think it had more to do with her always being on her cell. It is nice to know that the car will idle for a long time, with no ill effects.

Old 02-28-2008, 11:07 PM
sorry to burst the bubble, lol but no ill effect FOR NOW.. lol its when the car gers older, if you keep it that long, that problems surface. n mmmhmmm to the cell thing.. women on phones.........

Old 04-06-2008, 09:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry for the newbie question, but I have not had my dealer "lesson" on how to use everything on the car yet as I just got it the other day. I love the concept of the I-key and the unlocking by proximity w/ the request buttons on the door and trunk. However, do I need to use the key fob lock button to lock the car when I walk away? I thought I read in the manual that when you walk away, after a minute it will lock itself, but is this a setting I need to enable? I tried it and (I think) that the car didn't lock itself. Isn't that part of the idea?

Old 04-06-2008, 04:18 PM
When you walk away from the car, it doesn't lock itself. To lock the door, you can either use the key fob or the button on the door. If the door is already in the unlocked position, hitting the button once will lock it.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:41 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I think our car may lock by itself after a min... It happened to me a few times, but I think it may only work if you stand next your car, unlock the door, and if you don't actually open the door, it will lock by itself.. or am i completely wrong?

Old 04-07-2008, 10:22 AM
I thought I read something about one minute in the manual, but I tried it and it didn't seem to work. Hitting the button on the door does the trick to lock it though- just so long as I don't have to dig the iKey out to lock it I'm good.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by mikemav
I thought I read something about one minute in the manual, but I tried it and it didn't seem to work. Hitting the button on the door does the trick to lock it though- just so long as I don't have to dig the iKey out to lock it I'm good.
yeah i hit the little button on the door before i walk away, but being the paranoid little f*ck that i am i have to try the door before i walk away.

wish the fob made the same little beep it does when you lock it via the door button. figure there's got to be a way to change that setting? just too lazy to look for now...