G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

$200 / unlimited oil change

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 05:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's an excellent deal, without question. I pay a little over $50 per oil change at my local dealership. Just be sure there isn't a catch, such as exclusively having work done there. If there is and you plan on modifying, the money you'd pay extra having them do all your modification installation will make this "deal" suddenly look like a bad idea.

Old 04-16-2008, 05:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BlueDevilBAMF
That's an excellent deal, without question. I pay a little over $50 per oil change at my local dealership. Just be sure there isn't a catch, such as exclusively having work done there. If there is and you plan on modifying, the money you'd pay extra having them do all your modification installation will make this "deal" suddenly look like a bad idea.
I agree! gotta look at the fine print

Old 04-16-2008, 10:24 PM
There is always a catch. I get free maintenance and oil changes with my wife's Mini at the BMW dealer. The catch is that they only change your oil every 15000 miles(it is synthetic) which I think is way too much . If I didn't have the free maintenance they would say I need the change every 3500-5000 miles. It's amazing how well your engine will last when the dealer is responsible for the cost of maintaining it, but not when you are.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:25 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dsabldvt
There is always a catch. I get free maintenance and oil changes with my wife's Mini at the BMW dealer. The catch is that they only change your oil every 15000 miles(it is synthetic) which I think is way too much . If I didn't have the free maintenance they would say I need the change every 3500-5000 miles. It's amazing how well your engine will last when the dealer is responsible for the cost of maintaining it, but not when you are.
Well, waaaaaaaaaay off topic here, but by your member name I assume ypu too are a DV, am I right?

Old 04-17-2008, 12:07 PM
15k is fine on synthetic oil. I've used Amsoil in my cars since 1994, but with my G35 I get the following:

Free oil changes every 3750k
Free limousine service to Dulles Airport (not national)
Free car washes (daily if desired)
Free Infiniti coffee mug (cheap plastic)
Free Infiniti keychain (very nice, but who wants any extra bulk in their pockets)
Free State Inspection (Not sure if it's for the life of the car, but they did it for free this year)
$50 Gift Card towards their "Boutique" (their boutique is expensive as hell. 1 Infiniti license plate from is $45)

$200 sounds like a good deal as long as their is nothing in the fine print referring to what others have mentioned. I like how they used the term unlimited. I'm quite certain you have to wait the full 3750k to change your oil. I had 3400k on mine and they told me I had to wait until 3750k.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by Virus
15k is fine on synthetic oil. I've used Amsoil in my cars since 1994, but with my G35 I get the following:

Free Infiniti keychain (very nice, but who wants any extra bulk in their pockets)
Free State Inspection (Not sure if it's for the life of the car, but they did it for free this year)
$50 Gift Card towards their "Boutique" (their boutique is expensive as hell. 1 Infiniti license plate from is $45)

$200 sounds like a good deal as long as their is nothing in the fine print referring to what others have mentioned. I like how they used the term unlimited. I'm quite certain you have to wait the full 3750k to change your oil. I had 3400k on mine and they told me I had to wait until 3750k.
Is this from IOT or Passport?

Old 04-17-2008, 01:45 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm quite certain you have to wait the full 3750k to change your oil. I had 3400k on mine and they told me I had to wait until 3750k.
chantilly, right? i got the same benefits through their "500 club". although, my coffee mug is aluminum, and i got my first oil change prior to 3750 (it had been over 3 months).

Old 04-17-2008, 02:14 PM
Infiniti of Chantilly. My coffee mug is aluminum and it came with a dent in it. I never used it. I have it here at work. There service has been a mixed bag for me. They won't do the 045 TSB for me. I've had a couple of other annoyances that they won't fix because it's considered "normal".

Old 04-17-2008, 02:19 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
There service has been a mixed bag for me.
I can't complain yet, I brought the car in at 3400 miles for an oil change, they called it a 3750 service, gave me a loaner for the day.

Old 04-17-2008, 04:15 PM
What does the manual say about service intervals? Isn't it something like 3750 miles or 3 months? If the $200 deal includes oil changes every 3 months or 3750 miles - whichever comes FIRST, I'd say it is probably a good deal (but check the fine print as others have suggested).

If it is a straight forward deal (no catch) the dealer is probably doing it to build customer loyalty. If you get used to bringing the car in every 3 months for an oil change, and are treated well on each visit, you are more likely to bring your car in for other service work as well. These visits also provide them with the opportunity to check your car for any other work that may need to be done, and of course they would be happy to take care of those issues for the nornal charge. They are also happy to do any warrenty work as well, since Infinity pays them for that. A visit to the service department also gives you a chance to drool over the newest cars on the lot, and they would be happy to sell you one of those as well.

Old 04-17-2008, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by gottaGnow

If it is a straight forward deal (no catch) the dealer is probably doing it to build customer loyalty. If you get used to bringing the car in every 3 months for an oil change, and are treated well on each visit, you are more likely to bring your car in for other service work as well. These visits also provide them with the opportunity to check your car for any other work that may need to be done, and of course they would be happy to take care of those issues for the nornal charge. They are also happy to do any warrenty work as well, since Infinity pays them for that. A visit to the service department also gives you a chance to drool over the newest cars on the lot, and they would be happy to sell you one of those as well.
This is probably it. I've seen plenty of dealers offer various specials like this. It gives them an opportunity to charge you outrageous labor prices for air filter(s) changes, windshield wiper changes, etc. Plus things like a $75 Fuel Injector cleaner, where they dump a $3 bottle of STP in the tank.

My Chevy dealer gives you free state inspections (cost $16/year otherwise) for life, and that of course, is so they can tell when you need brake work, wipers, lights, etc.

On a side note, I got my G from IOC as well, and have the same 500 club benefits. So far, it has been great.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by richpearl
I can't speak to this Brooklyn Infiniti dealer, but I can tell you what the catch is at my former Acura dealer. If you bought an Acura from them, you got "free oil changes" for the life of the car. The catch was that you had to have them as a part of your normal service. Their charge for normal service amounted to about the same as you'd pay for a normal service with oil change at most dealers, but they made a big deal about showing you no labor charge or charge for the oil.

The moral: I'd check to be sure about the exact terms of the "deal," before springing $200 for it.

--Rich
Totally agree with you Ric. Speaking from my own experience. I bought this package 5 yrs ago when I bought my 04 G coupe for almost $400 Canadian which is equivalant to $200 US plus or minus. Did not pay attention on the agreement that said "Unlimited free oil change as long as you own your car along with regular scheduled maintenance". This means that the dealership can discontinue offer free oil change if you don't have them for schedule maintenance.

When I bought my G, of course I'd want to take best care of it. Free unlimited oil change? Heck yeah! But a few years later I knew this new friend of mine who's a mechanic. He told me that there's always un-necessary maintenance with a high price tag for each "scheduled" service from the dealer. If you are just a regular every-day driver. Fluids in your car should last a long time. (At least longer than recommended mileage) As for recommended service from dealerships, they just wanna maximize their profit trying to drain you up as much as possible. Free oil change sounds great, but to go accord to their recommended service schedule is just not for me. Lesson learned. Time to call up my friend to do up my car while teaching me a thing or two.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:00 PM
Kings Infiniti right?

I paid for that, but since I hardly have time to drive, my mileage is low and I haven't gotten another oil change since the day I signed up. I hope theres no catch to it.

It was pretty much an oral contract except that one receipt which shows that you paid for it. Next time I'm back home I'll ask them if its synthetic or regular.

BTW do dealerships charge extra if you ask them to hose down your undercarriage? I don't have access to a lift and I dunno how dirty that **** might be.