G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

update: headlight/tailight recall "NOT TRUE"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 04:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
update: headlight/tailight recall "NOT TRUE"

sorry about the misunderstand info on our sedan guys. the lady on the phone pull up the wrong vehicle and stated our headlight/taillight is on recall. i took my car in today and the service adviser said he did not find any recall on this and even ask the manager. he however stated the g37 coupe headlight is on recall so maybe the lady on the phone got confuse.
one more thing, i ask about these 2 ITB getting done
TSB ITB07-028a, Cruise Control Surges When Going Downhill
TSB ITB07-045, Cold Engine Start Issues
the service guy said he did not find any issue regarding this on his computer. has anyone in socal ever got this done? which dealership? any help would be appreciated. my car is with them right now but i highly doubt they will fix anything beside the clutch slave, they keep giving excuses like the forum might have misunderstanding info or it only applies to the eastcost. i highly doubt thats the case here because all the car do come from jadan so i dont think its a regional case. i gave them both ITB but the guy didnt find anything, he did however said he will let the tech guy know. also he stated not one single sedan have brought in their car for these repair.
if anyone wondering which dealership, this is at metro infiniti in monroria,ca

Old 02-27-2008, 05:02 AM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
TSBs are not generally applied to all cars. I believe they look for certain VIN# in order to perform those TSBs.

Try to check the www.infinitihelp.com for the TSB info.

Old 02-27-2008, 07:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 02-27-2008, 09:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by prelude555
sorry about the misunderstand info on our sedan guys. the lady on the phone pull up the wrong vehicle and stated our headlight/taillight is on recall. i took my car in today and the service adviser said he did not find any recall on this and even ask the manager. he however stated the g37 coupe headlight is on recall so maybe the lady on the phone got confuse.
one more thing, i ask about these 2 ITB getting done
TSB ITB07-028a, Cruise Control Surges When Going Downhill
TSB ITB07-045, Cold Engine Start Issues
the service guy said he did not find any issue regarding this on his computer. has anyone in socal ever got this done? which dealership? any help would be appreciated. my car is with them right now but i highly doubt they will fix anything beside the clutch slave, they keep giving excuses like the forum might have misunderstanding info or it only applies to the eastcost. i highly doubt thats the case here because all the car do come from jadan so i dont think its a regional case. i gave them both ITB but the guy didnt find anything, he did however said he will let the tech guy know. also he stated not one single sedan have brought in their car for these repair.
if anyone wondering which dealership, this is at metro infiniti in monroria,ca
you are really green right? you cant go into a dealership telling them theres a TSB and ask them to fix it. You have to make it sound as though you actually have the problem, if you have nothing else to do and want them to fix it regardless if you actually have the issue or not. recalls are diff, thats done on ALL cars within the specified VIN range. TSB applies only to verified complaints withing a specified VIN range.

And mentioning forums isnt the best idea, you can say I have so n so problem describe the issue and say you have done some research and it seems to be a known issue. you might want to confirm your vin is in range and note the tsb number if you are dealing with idiots.