G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

why am i the only one who is pissed about the 07 to 08 sedan ipod hook up????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 01:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i think every '07 g35 sedan owner with an ipod is pissed bro

Old 03-10-2008, 01:13 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by TheIvoryG
It sucks...but we in the 07s also have much better voice commands...so with all the other options for music in our cars I'm actually okay with it...
a few of us lucky '08 drivers have the additional voice commands and the ipod connection.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was actually pissed about this too!!

BUT!!

Have no IPOD integration actually worked out WAY better for me for several reasons.

1. I have an IPOD video with tons of video. If you have an 08, you have to disconnect the ipod anyways and connect to the AV port to get video out, which is a big time hassle.
2. I have tried the 08's ipod integration, and like many other ipod integration, leaves a lot to be desired (i used to have a PIONEER D3 in my 300C with ipod integration and even that was pathetic).

I have a special ipod mount designed for my g35, and use a special wire that plugs into the AV jacks and charges my ipod from the bottom.

I find using the ipod in this fashion is a LOT quicker to find songs and very easy to use, plus I can watch videos at my will, so I am NOT complaining at all.

Old 03-10-2008, 10:34 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by MiniRX7
I have a special ipod mount designed for my g35, and use a special wire that plugs into the AV jacks and charges my ipod from the bottom.

I find using the ipod in this fashion is a LOT quicker to find songs and very easy to use, plus I can watch videos at my will, so I am NOT complaining at all.
1. What special iPod mount do you have? Any pics?
2. What special wire do you use. Do you get any feedback 'noise'.
I tried the Monster Cable Ultra-Low Profile iPod iCharger (it has a built-in aux jack to plugin the iPod AV cable) but I get to much poor ground feedback/noise when I have it plugged into power outlet while playing music or video.

MiniRX7 - Never mind...i found your Jan 14th post regarding your iPod...thanks

Last edited by rpm&my_G35; 03-11-2008 at 08:57 AM. Reason: i found MiniRX7's earlier post describing his iPod integration
Old 03-11-2008, 12:30 AM
Originally Posted by TheIvoryG
It sucks...but we in the 07s also have much better voice commands...so with all the other options for music in our cars I'm actually okay with it...
+1

I'd much rather have the better voice commands than iPod integration. I'm happy with the RCA jacks in the center arm rest. My iPhone plays just fine through those.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:03 AM
Originally Posted by G35MD
+1

I'd much rather have the better voice commands than iPod integration. I'm happy with the RCA jacks in the center arm rest. My iPhone plays just fine through those.
What cable are you using with your iPhone?

Old 03-11-2008, 10:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sjharris
What cable are you using with your iPhone?
I'm using an iPhone with the AV jacks as well, so I will respond...

I use the Apple Composite AV Cables... $49 from Apple.
I also use a 12V USB adapter in the console so this solution allows my iphone to charge while outputting both audio and video to the AUX input.

I've been pretty happy with it so far, but honestly I don't use it very much thanks to the other audio options.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:16 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I was actually pissed about this too!!

BUT!!

Have no IPOD integration actually worked out WAY better for me for several reasons.

1. I have an IPOD video with tons of video. If you have an 08, you have to disconnect the ipod anyways and connect to the AV port to get video out, which is a big time hassle.
2. I have tried the 08's ipod integration, and like many other ipod integration, leaves a lot to be desired (i used to have a PIONEER D3 in my 300C with ipod integration and even that was pathetic).

What about the iPOD integration do you not like? I have my gripes about it as well, and I'm interested in hearing what people have to say.

Keep in mind the integration is MUCH smoother on cars with NAV, than ones without NAV.

Old 03-11-2008, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by Mike@RiversideInfiniti
What about the iPOD integration do you not like? I have my gripes about it as well, and I'm interested in hearing what people have to say.

Keep in mind the integration is MUCH smoother on cars with NAV, than ones without NAV.
Hi Mike,

I guess my point is, try scrolling through a list of songs, its just not as smooth as the original ipod. There isnt a search mechanism, and there is limited functionality. Especially not being able to pass video information to the screen, it hink thats a set back in itself. Even my Pioneer D3 in my 300C was able to pass video signal.

Here is my setup:
http://s220.photobucket.com/albums/d...G35%20Install/

Old 03-11-2008, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
1. What special iPod mount do you have? Any pics?
2. What special wire do you use. Do you get any feedback 'noise'.
I tried the Monster Cable Ultra-Low Profile iPod iCharger (it has a built-in aux jack to plugin the iPod AV cable) but I get to much poor ground feedback/noise when I have it plugged into power outlet while playing music or video.

MiniRX7 - Never mind...i found your Jan 14th post regarding your iPod...thanks
Whoops, i posted the pics above.

The cable i got is a navone cable (search, i cant remember the uRL). The ground noise you are getting is NOT because of the calbe, but because of the lame *** ground in the 12volt source in teh console.

I have the same noise, and it canb e fixed by regrounding the wire to a better ground location.

No matter what i plug into that socket, i get ground noise, that includes my DC/DC powersupply for my xbox, my PS2 car adapter, my ipod charger... everything.

Old 03-11-2008, 02:09 PM
Whoops, i posted the pics above.

The cable i got is a navone cable (search, i cant remember the uRL). The ground noise you are getting is NOT because of the calbe, but because of the lame *** ground in the 12volt source in teh console.

I have the same noise, and it canb e fixed by regrounding the wire to a better ground location.

No matter what i plug into that socket, i get ground noise, that includes my DC/DC powersupply for my xbox, my PS2 car adapter, my ipod charger... everything.
When you say "I have the same noise, and it canb be fixed by regrounding the wire to a better ground location"....Do you mean that you reground the console socket or pick a different location to ground the navone cable?
Thanks

Old 03-11-2008, 02:19 PM
When you say "I have the same noise, and it canb be fixed by regrounding the wire to a better ground location"....Do you mean that you reground the console socket or pick a different location to ground the navone cable?
Thanks
you can try one or the other. It is much easier to reground the navone cable since its just a bare wire. I never tried this yet, because its TOO COLD IN CANADA!

Old 03-11-2008, 02:31 PM
you can try one or the other. It is much easier to reground the navone cable since its just a bare wire. I never tried this yet, because its TOO COLD IN CANADA!
LOL...i hear that. I'm in Southern Ont (K-W) and we just keep getting dumped on. I like winter and snow but like most people, I have had enough for this winter! bring on the sunshine!!!

Old 03-11-2008, 02:33 PM
LOL...i hear that. I'm in Southern Ont (K-W) and we just keep getting dumped on. I like winter and snow but like most people, I have had enough for this winter! bring on the sunshine!!!
OT - I was doing aobut 120km.h going on to the 407 today, and my car slid and ended up doing a crazy drift around the bend, almost crashed !! LOL!! I love ice patches!

Old 03-11-2008, 02:41 PM
OT - I was doing aobut 120km.h going on to the 407 today, and my car slid and ended up doing a crazy drift around the bend, almost crashed !! LOL!! I love ice patches!
Its a sickening feeling when it happens, but when you're skilled or lucky enough to pull out of it safley all you can do is say...COOOOOL!
Do you think Sens will get there **** together before playoffs. My sad Leafs have let me down again. This is the time of year (recently) when I start to cheer for any other Can. team to win it. The closer to home the better.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: why am i the only one who is pissed about the 07 to 08 sedan ipod hook up????