G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Window noise/Hiss noise while drive on High Way (need your help)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 11:28 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
No pics yet guys im sorry. I been caught up doing the DIY for the 19's paint. Let me see if i can get them up by tomorrow. Sorry guys =(

Old 05-14-2008, 11:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I have found the fix. I'll have to get back to you guys with pictures and descriptions later. The noise is gone up until the speed is above 80mph

Old 05-15-2008, 03:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wrxrocks
I think I have found the fix. I'll have to get back to you guys with pictures and descriptions later. The noise is gone up until the speed is above 80mph
Any updates?

Old 05-15-2008, 04:31 PM
I don't have the pic yet. I have too sick and busy to worry about the car. I'll get back to you guys with pic. Basically if you roll down you window, sit in the driver seat and run your finger (use your point finger) along/inside rubber seal from the front to the back you will feel a little discontinuity at the very back. The discontinuity is about 1 inch before your finger hit the dead end. This is how the noise got into the car and it is so close to our ears. That is the reason why we can hear it every well.

The same exact thing happens on the other side of the car.

To fix it, you have to find the good tape (soft kind) and stuff it in and make sure it levels out with the rest of the rubber seal. If some one have a good material for the fix please let us know.

I am sure that is where the noise coming from. I put double sided tape on both sides and went for a drive. I was very surprise how quiet the car is and the noise is gone. But (you guys hear me?) but any speed over 80PMH the noise is back but much lower. I can live with the car now.

Old 05-16-2008, 03:06 AM
i too have had this noise from day 1. drives me crazy.

Old 05-16-2008, 09:47 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Why dont you try replacing your weather strip for a new one. They run about $150 at the dealership, you might be able to find it cheaper.

Old 05-17-2008, 03:06 AM
Originally Posted by Da-G-SpoT
Why dont you try replacing your weather strip for a new one. They run about $150 at the dealership, you might be able to find it cheaper.
The weather strips are designed that way. Don't ask why. I think infiniti needs to redesign them again.

They are new on my car. There is the reason all of our Gs have the wind noise.

Old 05-19-2008, 12:41 PM
My car had 61K when i got it, but I could hear that noise. It sounded like it was just the noise of the car to me, though. I opened the door and looked and all the weatherstrip seemed to be in place and in good condition so I was supposing that the noise had to be just the way it's gonna sound. I barely notice it most of the time. I also keep the music up, too. The faint clicking/popping noise from the doors is what's bugging me these days. One day I'm gonna pull the panels off and take care of those. But as long as I know that I can do it and I know what it is, it's not buggin me too much.

Old 06-25-2008, 06:03 PM
2006 G35 Coupe. I too have the wind noise above 45mph and it sounds like if I had the window cracked open. Sounds like it's coming from the top left corner edge. I took mine to the dealer and at first they said they didn't hear anything unusual other than the normal road noise. I told them to go check it out again. They checked it out again and said they had to realigned the window. That didn't help and actually made it worse. I took it back to them and they did something else to it and my window couldn't roll down. They then had to order and replace the motor. At the end, the wind noise is still there, maybe worse off now, so I'm afraid to take it backt to them and might just have to live with it.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:42 AM
SIETESG

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
first thing the dealer did for my car was change the weather striping.. that seemed to solve my problem

Old 06-26-2008, 04:51 PM
Possible Fix....

Nissan in general has bad window seals. My Armada has window rattles that took me 6 trips to the dealer to finally fix by replacing the window seal.

Regarding the rattle, you may want to try THIS

Granted it is not an G (it's a Titan) but people seemed to have the same problem. It will cost $2 so worst case you can take it out and use it around the house

Old 09-09-2008, 02:14 AM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
I had 07 G35 since May and the hissing noise just came 2 days ago. It is coming from the rear driver side. It is noticeable above 45mph. I have read all the posts here and still haven't found a permanent fix. If anybody has found a fix, please post it here.
Thank you.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:10 AM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by LightsOut
first thing the dealer did for my car was change the weather striping.. that seemed to solve my problem
+1 My dealer recently did this on mine, and so far the noise hasn't returned.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:01 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
mine starts exacly at 115. i talked to the dealer but they said that they cant test it at that speed but its so loud. i might post a vid later.

Old 07-09-2010, 12:02 AM
I too have been experiencing this issue but noticed there haven't been any updates since September 2008. What have we determined as far as an appropriate fix for this problem? It's driving me crazy!!! Happens mostly during highway driving and coming either from the driver door or rear driver side passenger door.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

PJStyles

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Window noise/Hiss noise while drive on High Way (need your help)