G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Window noise/Hiss noise while drive on High Way (need your help)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 04:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Window noise/Hiss noise while drive on High Way (need your help)

I have been trying to fix this problem from day one. A dealer near my house has tried to fix it but no luck. They have replaced all the seals and window regulator, but the noise it still there. It is the hiss noise that come from the driver side window. To understand what my problem, just open your window a bit while moving on a highway. That is the noise I am talking about.

I think I know what the problem is and need your help. I run my fingers on top of the window/edge (the edge that goes in and contacts with the seal of the door frame). It feels uneven/not smooth, like saw teeth (obviously not that sharp). The other/passenger side is very smooth and make no noise.

For those who have no noise issue, can you guys go out to your car, low down both of your windows and run your fingers through the top edge. Can you feel the difference between the smoothness of both edges?

For those who have noise issue, can you do the same and let me know please? I am trying to pin down the problem and hope to resolve this annoying issue.

Thanks for your help

Old 03-11-2008, 05:44 PM
I have the same problem with my 07 G35. I only started within the past few months. It drives my crazy! Next time I bring it to the dealership I will have them look at it. I think it is the driver's side window, but it could be the driver rear window...

Old 03-11-2008, 06:01 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
The G35 starts to get some significant wind noise at 80+

How fast are you guys driving?

If all of the seals are in place (properly done), wind noise should be minimal under 80 without a crosswind.

Old 03-11-2008, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by Mike@RiversideInfiniti

If all of the seals are in place (properly done), wind noise should be minimal under 80 without a crosswind.
I've had the TSB done, and at any speed over 40 mph the wind noise is terrible. There is definately a leak. (It's actually worse now than it was pre-TSB)

Old 03-12-2008, 03:48 PM
Can some body run a finger through the edge and let me know please? Is it smooth or not when compare the left window to the right window?

Last edited by wrxrocks; 03-12-2008 at 04:06 PM.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by Mike@RiversideInfiniti

Any speed above 50, I can hear the noise, the faster the louder. It is not the wind noise, but more like the leak noise coming from the outside. I don't hear any noise on the passenger side, when I was driven around. Can some one go to their car and check the edge of the glass out for me? I think the cut of the driver side glass is uneven, along its top edge.

Old 03-12-2008, 05:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have the wind noise too. i gave up finding a fix thru the dealer. my solutions: (1) turn up the radio or (2) turn up the revs.

Old 03-12-2008, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by st1sj
i have the wind noise too. i gave up finding a fix thru the dealer. my solutions: (1) turn up the radio or (2) turn up the revs.
I think I have found the fix, can some one help me please by checking the smoothness of the top edge of both front window glass?

Old 04-25-2008, 08:47 PM
SIETESG

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
today i took my car in at the dealer to check for wind noise they put new weather striping, but now i noticed my window tint does not align properly to the weather stripping, where the side mirror is. The little corner next to the side mirror.

i read before that the regualtor can adjust the window height(up and down). Can it also move the window left to right?

or does the dealer need to re-align the window.

this is the driver side only

Last edited by LightsOut; 04-25-2008 at 09:27 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey I do Auto Glass for a living and if you say your glass is uneven at the top...If your are sure this is the problem and you can hear and feel it in that spot. That smooth edge you are feeling is from being polished, Polishing the glass is usually done on a big belt sander...but if it is a small spot you can take some sand paper and polish it by hand.

A problem like this would be tough to diagnose with out actually seeing the car, But if your sure it is this give it a try...Good Luck and keep us posted

Old 04-25-2008, 10:51 PM
this is for the 07 and 08s? or just 07s?

Old 04-26-2008, 11:17 AM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
OP, have checked my windows. I don't have a "hissing" noise, like a window is cracked. I do have the howling / moaning sound from my passenger window, over about 90 mph (lower in a cross-wind).

The glass edges on both of my front windows are polished and smooth. Note that it's not perfectly straight, I can feel tiny ripples in both edges, but their barely noticeable.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by G35Now!; 04-26-2008 at 05:57 PM.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:31 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I have the same wind noise since day one with my car. I have replaced everything from drivers side mirror to weather strip for the whole door and frame of the drivers side. Done the TSB with the regulator and now its worse than before! It comes from the tweeter or the edge of the inside driver side mirror. The window seals perfectly and all IDK WTF IT IS BUT IT DRIVES ME CRAZY! I have opted to drive with the sunroof open while windows up with A/C makes me not hear it as much!

Last edited by Da-G-SpoT; 04-27-2008 at 12:44 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:20 AM
I used sandpaper and sanded of the front glass. It is now perfectly smooth. It took me about 1 hour. The noise is a lot less than before but not completely gone. Now I have to drive with loud music or I go nuts because of the noise. The sad part is, the dealer and I have done everything there is to fix or replace but the noise is still there. On the other hand my 07 Toyota Sequoia, with is twice the size, makes a lot less noise and no hiss noise at all on the freeway around 70-90 MPH.

I don't know what to do any more. I have to live with it and hope that I can stand it. One day I might just have enough then I will look into IS-F or M3.

Old 04-27-2008, 01:25 AM
Those with the noise might want to try to sand the edge of the glass. It helps a lot but will not eliminate the noise completely.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Window noise/Hiss noise while drive on High Way (need your help)