G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Is this normal for the Dealershio to...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 08:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And he changed all the settings? That has to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Management should get a call, and Infiniti should get a call for sure.

Old 04-06-2008, 08:49 AM
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
yes, you got screwed! There is no reason for the mechanic or anyone at the dealership to take your car home with them. That is BS. You do need to talk to Infiniti Customer Care and explain the situation to them. They will get into contact with your dealership. After they call you need to talk to the management at the dealership and milk this cow. Get the free oil changes for a year like someone else mentioned. I have heard great things about Sewell and I know they are sponsors on a few boards. I don't think they want that kind of reputation floating around. I'm sure things will get cleared up. What kind of car/mods did you have btw? You better check to see if they are all there!

Old 04-06-2008, 09:02 AM
I Work At A Dealership And That Sounds Unethical And Unprofessional. Our Techs Do Not Take Someones Car Home With Them No Matter What Unless The Tech Is Working On A Buddys Car And Has His/her Permission. But They Just Don't Take Some Strangers Car Home With Them. I Agree With Everyone Else Go Talk To A Manager.

Old 04-06-2008, 09:19 AM
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by MADMAXSS
I Work At A Dealership And That Sounds Unethical And Unprofessional. Our Techs Do Not Take Someones Car Home With Them No Matter What Unless The Tech Is Working On A Buddys Car And Has His/her Permission. But They Just Don't Take Some Strangers Car Home With Them. I Agree With Everyone Else Go Talk To A Manager.

You forgot to capitalize the "h" in "her"......

Sorry, I'm mad I have to be at work on a Sunday morning....as you can see I'm getting a lot done!

Old 04-06-2008, 10:26 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
WHO was the service advisor? My car is a Sewell right now getting paddle shiffters and an oil change...

Old 04-06-2008, 12:01 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by princealyy
WHO was the service advisor? My car is a Sewell right now getting paddle shiffters and an oil change...
I hope they don't have to keep your car for more than 2 hours (for an hour's worth of work).

Old 04-06-2008, 12:46 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
LOL... this is hilarious!
Was he the creepy looking guy who was parking cars (and stealing Ferraris) in the Ferris Bueller movie?

Old 04-06-2008, 03:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Was he the creepy looking guy who was parking cars (and stealing Ferraris) in the Ferris Bueller movie?
LOL!

Still waiting for the guy's name...Taking my car in very soon for 15k service and want to avoid this guy.

Old 04-06-2008, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by CoppellStereo
Is this normal for the Dealershio to say they need to take your car home with them to make sure everything is ok with it?

Thats what they did at my dealership, he said it needed it over night, and I was like ok (thinking he meant at the dealership), then he mentioned something about how he has a garage at home so it will be garaged so not to worry and walks off. I was really confused be he took it home changed all my settings in my car and for some reason my seat programs were reset too, he drove it over 50 miles and when I got it back the thing said I has less than 10 miles to go, so I couldn't even get home safely without filling up.
This sounds creepy to me.

Who took it overnight? Salesman, Service Manager, the guy who lives behind the dumpster?

BTW, the FBI would like to talk to you about some Middle School kids being enticed by a stranger with candy after school... they wrote down your plate number. (got a good alibi?)

Old 04-06-2008, 07:08 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
You guys are all so ready to find fault with the dealer when the OP has never stated the nature of the service visit.

If the car was brought in for some intermittent issue, the mechanic may have no choice but to drive it around for a while to try to replicate the problem. On the other hand, if you brought it in for an oil change or some other routine maintenance, then there would obviously be no reason for the mechanic to take it home.

Something else to consider - if the mechanic was really going to do something nefarious with the car, why the heck would he go out of his way to tell the owner he was going to take the car home w/ him? Why not just do it w/o telling the owner?

Sheesh. Everyone on the internet just loves telling people they got "pwned" and jumping to some crazy conclusions w/o knowing all the facts.

I do agree though that it is inconsiderate to leave virtually no gas in the car. That is lame.

Old 04-06-2008, 08:08 PM
sorry I am in Arizona right now and finally at the airport that has fast enough speeds to load the forum unlike the hotel, haha

well it was for some noise my clutch was making, not that big of a deal but I didn't think he should have taken it home with him, the guy seemed nice other than that, i would rather not say his name right now but it wasn't my normal service guy, also the guy couldn't even look me in the eye when he said he needed to take it home (Travis, he is amazing I would recomend him to anyone).

I have no mods on my car luckily so there was nothing to take out, and the guy who took it home was the service guy who took it home, also when i picked it up the guy bringing it around stalled out in it right in front of me

i wasn't complaing that much about him taking it home, but that he left it with no gas, and my perfect seat settings got erased.

also one time they had my car (for maybe a month for some connector issue they couldn't figure out), they delivered it to me at college, and it had over 250 more miles than it should have, i was semi-mad about that but they did fill my tank back up for me which kinda of even out.

I still love sewell but my plane is boarding, Don't get me wrong, I'm not Sewell bashing but just had a bad experience

Old 04-06-2008, 08:29 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
You gotta be kidding me! They had it for a month?! There's NO WAY it should have 250 miles on it for finding a problem electrical connector! I would have been quite a bit more than "semi-mad".

Originally Posted by CoppellStereo
also one time they had my car (for maybe a month for some connector issue they couldn't figure out), they delivered it to me at college, and it had over 250 more miles than it should have, i was semi-mad about that but they did fill my tank back up for me which kinda of even out.

Last edited by terrycs; 04-06-2008 at 08:31 PM.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Lemodular
I hope they don't have to keep your car for more than 2 hours (for an hour's worth of work).
Well i left it there on saturday, and will get it back on monday.

I have never had a problem with Sewell, so i am not too worried about it.

Hopefully the paddle shifters will ROCK...

I got an 08 rental which makes me happy.

Old 04-06-2008, 09:26 PM
in my parents 2003 Jaguar Vanden Plas...we were having a weird problem of the engine sometimes cutting off completely after 40mph. We took it to a bunch of dealers..no one knew what was wrong..the Service Manager said he had to take it home with him so that he can test it and hope it happens to him....needless to say it did...and they STILL werent able to fix it

took it to another dealer...fixed in 3 hours...it was a throttle body problem

but i think it was really uncalled for to have him take it home =?

Old 04-06-2008, 09:31 PM
My friend's dad works for mercedes (their body shop, not the maintenance dept) and he used to take home a car every other week. I'd be at the house, and they'd have a S class one week, and a E class the next..... I thought it was normal

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is this normal for the Dealershio to...