G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Dispel myths about G37 Sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 11:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New features are great and I hope it keeps the G up to the coming a4 and tl. I was hoping the dial heat switch would also mean cool seats too, since the lexus IS offers them.

Old 06-09-2008, 06:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel glad that I Leased my G for 2 years.....

Old 06-09-2008, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by Jspeed
I respect your opinion, and it's ok that you choose to discredit mine.

That's fine.

Yes, Infiniti certainly could detune the VQ37. I'm not saying it's impossible. I simply offered my opinion. I just don't see the logic of detuning the European G37 coupe compared to the North American version. Without dyno'ing the N54 at the flywheel, we can't be 100% sure. However, considering the at-the-wheel dyno results, the 335i would need to have over 90% drivetrain efficiency to NOT be under-rated. That's just not possible with existing technology on such a drivetrain setup.

I understand what you mean, and it's certainly a possibility. I just think it's bad marketing move to use a bigger engine that offers no additional power (compared to the VQ35HR) for the European market. Consumers there are highly conscious of power-to-displacement figures and relate them to engineering efficiency.

We won't know for sure until someone dynos the European VQ37 models or Nissan makes a statement. Unless you work for Nissan or get your info from someone who does, I don't think it's unreasonable to consider the possibility that the Euro VQ37 models actually aren't detuned from the North American counterparts.
I agree. I've read that the european version will have an interior with far better materials since they'll be facing an uphill battle with european buyers. Lexus so far has tanked across the pond and Infiniti doesn't wanna be caught in the same situation.

I just think it'd be weird to have a sedan faster than the coupe...it would defeat the purpose of owning one.

But I suppose the 335i sedan and coupes have the same power figures (as does the M3 but the coupe has a carbon fiber roof to cancel out the would be weight gain).

Old 06-09-2008, 10:44 AM
Well that just sucks... but its not like I was not warned with enuff rumours. I should have waited but could not. I like new engine, new 7sp tranny, brakes 4 piston. Going to make a really really good car, great.

Old 06-09-2008, 11:12 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well the next question is how much more is it going to cost?

Old 06-09-2008, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by DeanOU
Time for 07-08 owners to vent their loathing and fear.
It was clear to me the '09 would be a G37 when I bought my '08. All of the literature was referring to it as the "G Sedan" not the "G35 Sedan". I needed a car then, not a year from then and I was (and still am) very happy with the car. I'd like the 7speed transmission and a 5% increase in hp would be nice but it would not have been enough to make me wait unless it comes out at the same price.

What I didn't know was what body style changes we could expect. I like the look of the G35 coupe better than the G37, so I wasn't real thrilled with the thought of any styling changes.

Assuming the rumors are true, what I know now is the my color choice (IP) will no longer be available. There still won't be seat coolers.

If I had waited until now to make my decision, I'd be at the Infiniti dealer now trying to find the options I want in the color I want. My decision hasn't changed and would not change. I am still extremely pleased with my car and expect to be even when the G37 comes out.

Old 07-23-2008, 06:58 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by mbonus
I
Re: Detuning - It is not hard to believe that they will get more out of the 3.7 platform. I would suspect that they would even hold back the sedan vs. the coupe. Didn't they do exactly that with the first gen G?
Yes, they did "detune" the 03/04 sedans to 260hp vs the 280hp the coupes were rated at. However, when placed on the dyno, the difference in power was within dyno error (2-3whp). Basically the 260hp 1st gen sedan was making 275-280hp and it explained why the 100lb lighter sedans typically posted fractionally better ETs/MPH.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DeanOU
Time for 07-08 owners to vent their loathing and fear.
Nah. Us smart '07 owners who leased and who knew how to time things just right will be ok. It's the guys who just bought an '08 that'll be upset.

Originally Posted by jl114
New features are great and I hope it keeps the G up to the coming a4 and tl. I was hoping the dial heat switch would also mean cool seats too, since the lexus IS offers them.
Not happening. The rotary dial seat heater switches are just that...new switches. No ventilated seats for us G drivers just yet which sucks *****. We could really use em in Hawaii.

Old 07-24-2008, 08:38 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by bruddahmanmatt
Not happening. The rotary dial seat heater switches are just that...new switches. No ventilated seats for us G drivers just yet which sucks *****. We could really use em in Hawaii.
Infiniti did a study and people think the rotary switches are more user friendly then the push down. Notice in the '06 coupe vs the '07 coupe heated seat button had arrows pointing up for high, down for low... in other words, some people were too stupid to figure out if the heated seat was on high or low just b/c the light was always closer to the low heat side.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by da mayor
Infiniti did a study and people think the rotary switches are more user friendly then the push down. Notice in the '06 coupe vs the '07 coupe heated seat button had arrows pointing up for high, down for low... in other words, some people were too stupid to figure out if the heated seat was on high or low just b/c the light was always closer to the low heat side.
Instead of insulting the customer base that your livelihood depends on, you might consider leaving out the stupidity comment.

People prefer the tactile sensation of a rotary **** for secondary controls that are out of the normal line of sight.

Dean