G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Official 2009 G37 Sedan changes.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 11:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so this G came out in 2007, facelift/improvements 2009. 2010-11 will probally be a redesign. Buying cars is like buying electronics/computers. Once you buy, 1-2 years later it is outdated with something new or improved. 2007-08's outdated by facelift, new trans/engine. 2009 will be outdated by a redesign a year or two later. You can't win.

Old 06-07-2008, 11:38 AM
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by loudog2
so this G came out in 2007, facelift/improvements 2009. 2010-11 will probally be a redesign. Buying cars is like buying electronics/computers. Once you buy, 1-2 years later it is outdated with something new or improved. 2007-08's outdated by facelift, new trans/engine. 2009 will be outdated by a redesign a year or two later. You can't win.
There is a 0% chance of a redesign for 2010

Old 06-07-2008, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by stardust
There is a 0% chance of a redesign for 2010
Ok! I was just putting the 4-5 year window on there. My apoligies! There is a good chance for 2011.
I'm just saying this for the people waiting for the new or better. There is always something new or better down the road. If you wait for new or better, you'll never buy.

Old 06-07-2008, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by Mike@RiversideInfiniti
Okay okay, I'll spill the beans since Someone already decided to give out the info.

G37 Sedan is confirmed with a facelift...

and WHITE ON BLACK IS MAKING A RETURN
Excellent! Can you confirm whether or not garnet ember is still available, and with wheat leather and washi aluminum? Also, will the G37 require premium fuel like the coupe does, or simply recommend it like the G35 does?

Thanks! My mom will be getting a new G to replace her 05 up on lease in November, and my parents are trying to decide whether or not to wait for the 09 or take advantage of a deal on a remaining 08.

Old 06-07-2008, 11:19 PM
Mike spill ALL the beans and let us know what you know.. PLEASE!

Old 06-09-2008, 10:25 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Damn! white on black ? shoot.. i wanted white on black...

and a facelift? shoot. I can live without the added hp, 7 auto, but facelift and white on black? hehehe o wellz. i still love my G.....

I guess i'll be sad about it when it comes out. until then, my G is the baddest, fastest G35 sedan yet!

Old 06-09-2008, 10:40 PM
According to the official ordering guide from Infiniti, moonlight white will not be available with graphite interior.

Old 06-09-2008, 10:40 PM
Can someone explain to me why everyone is so in love with white on black?

I could understand why some people might fancy it - but it seems to be loved all around...

(Personally I have a stone interior with Obsidian. Love the stone, can't imagine why anyone would want wheat - but that's me)

So can someone educate me?

Thanks.

Old 06-09-2008, 10:54 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by DingoNY

Thanks.
Yes, I can...

Like what you like and not have others dictate what you like...

If you like stone then that should all that matters...

Old 06-13-2008, 10:29 AM
Not much new news but I was in Infiniti of Cinci yesterday and the GM confirmed that the June order was last for 08 and that the 09 did have 3.7. We wouldn't confirm 7AT.

(Personally I have a stone interior with Obsidian. Love the stone, can't imagine why anyone would want wheat - but that's me)

Thanks.
I personally do not like any color other than graphite for the interior. Wheat looks too much like a dated BMW or Mercedes and Stone show too many stains. I would like to have a white with black but my wife hates white cars for some reason. Gotta keep her happy!

It's just personal preference.

Old 06-13-2008, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by winste
Not much new news but I was in Infiniti of Cinci yesterday and the GM confirmed that the June order was last for 08 and that the 09 did have 3.7. We wouldn't confirm 7AT.
Thank you. It is a shame that they didn't give you any info as to when new 2009's would be arriving... In that they gotta know (you'd think) based on June being their last 2008 order.

Originally Posted by winste
I personally do not like any color other than graphite for the interior. Wheat looks too much like a dated BMW or Mercedes and Stone show too many stains. I would like to have a white with black but my wife hates white cars for some reason. Gotta keep her happy!

It's just personal preference.
Thank you.

I understand the personal preference thing - but it just seemed like so many people are in awe of the white/black combo.

I went with Stone because I like the contrast... When my car is clean, the Obsidian exterior and Stone interior really looks hot to me

I agree - wheat to me is just so boring, but I understand that some people will love it.

But my point was I had a specific reason for my personal preference. I was interested in the reasons others have for their preference. Some might say "I don't know, I just like it" - others like me... Well I wanted Stone because graphite on obsidian just seems well, boring... And I was also thinking that the leather would take a beating from the sun... And of course be even hotter in the summer.

My Stone interior - other than not being cleaned in a while, is in perfect condition. Not a single stain. However that is likely because I use it mainly for short drives, have rarely ate in it, never had coffee in it, have only drank water in it... Just my overall lifestyle. (And I have passengers occasionally, but not frequently)

Anyway - thanks for the response

Old 06-13-2008, 04:57 PM
Some exteriors wheat looks really good... On an M Crimson Roulette with Wheat leather is hot I'm not sure whether they have this option anymore

Old 06-13-2008, 06:35 PM
I understand the personal preference thing - but it just seemed like so many people are in awe of the white/black combo.

I was interested in the reasons others have for their preference.

Why do people choose the colors they do? Here are my reasons...

White cars have always apealed to me...cool in the summer and low maintenance (don't show dirt like darker colors), but my last two cars were both white and combined I drove them for a total of 23 years, so I was ready for a change.

My first choice for the G was lakeshore slate, still a light enough color to not get too hot sitting in the Houston sun, but with enough contrast to show off the chrome grill and trunk spoiler nicely. Unfortunately, I couldn't find one in exactly the configuration I wanted, but the desert platinum was a close second for the same reasons.

On the interior I think the graphite with washi looks great, but again I prefer the lighter colors because they are cooler (and graphite isn't an option on LS anyway). I chose the wheat because I liked the way it complemented the warm tones of the DP exterior, and chose the wood trim because I liked the contrast of the dark wood with the light leather (washi on wheat just looked a little washed out to me). I also felt the wood added a bit of a luxury touch.

I realize my choices put me in the minority here, but that's ok. I have yet to see any color on the G that I didn't really like.

Old 06-13-2008, 07:03 PM
Am i interpreting the "confirmed" information correctly on this:

The 14" Akebono package will be part of the sport package, 6MT ONLY?????

AND:

The 6MT will NOT be available with the X?

Therefore, the AWD will not be available from the factory with the Akebono setup.

Old 06-23-2008, 12:00 AM
i am really interested to see how the facelift is going to look.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Official 2009 G37 Sedan changes.