G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Official 2009 G37 Sedan changes.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 03:28 PM
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by markk132
yea, we've seen it. but heres another thing, if you notice in the packages, the "G37 Sport 6MT" and the Sport Package have split 5 spoke 18" wheels, but the Performance and Tire Package has split 7 spoke 18" wheels. that makes no sense to me. every time i visit this thread i smell more BS from this rumor
Are you saying that they CAN'T have 2 different sets of wheels?

Old 06-05-2008, 04:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stardust
Are you saying that they CAN'T have 2 different sets of wheels?
Yeah man, b/c that would just be crazy. CrAzY!!!!!

Oh wait, the 2008 Sport 6MT and the Sport package currently come with 18" wheels while all others have 17" wheels... Those Infiniti goons, what kind of crazyness will they bring for '09?!?

Old 06-05-2008, 05:13 PM
just wait for Da Mayor or someone from Riverside to confirm about the '09....then no more speculation!

Old 06-05-2008, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by milad32
Yeah man, b/c that would just be crazy. CrAzY!!!!!

Oh wait, the 2008 Sport 6MT and the Sport package currently come with 18" wheels while all others have 17" wheels... Those Infiniti goons, what kind of crazyness will they bring for '09?!?
no, you guys misunderstood. what i'm saying is, the Sport Package wheels and the Performance Tire and Wheel Package wheels are 2 different 18" sport wheels, meaning there would be a total of 3 different sets of wheels for the 2009 sedan (17" for awd and journey, 18" for sport, and another different 18" JUST for a performance and tire package). Also, this performance and tire package is ONLY available for the g37 journey, meaning if you buy a g37 sport 6mt, you CANNOT have the performance and tire wheels. so, quick recap, 3 different wheels, 2 of them are performance wheels, but 1 of the performance wheels is NOT available for the RWD 6MT performance trim of the car.

Old 06-05-2008, 07:06 PM
Premier Member

meaning if you buy a g37 sport 6mt, you CANNOT have the performance and tire wheels.
ummmmm, thats because they are STANDARD. You can't something to a car that is already there.

Old 06-05-2008, 07:13 PM
ummmmm, thats because they are STANDARD. You can't something to a car that is already there.
you need to re-read his original post.
He's stating that supposedly there are two different 18" wheel types, the set that come with the sport package and the ones that come with the performance wheel and tire package.

And i agree with markk132. it reallydoesn't make sense that there are two sets of 18" rim, one for the sport package and the other for the performance wheel and tire. My guess is, it's either a typo, or they'll have multiple wheel packages like Lexus does with their IS.

Old 06-05-2008, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by dopey
you need to re-read his original post.
He's stating that supposedly there are two different 18" wheel types, the set that come with the sport package and the ones that come with the performance wheel and tire package.

And i agree with markk132. it reallydoesn't make sense that there are two sets of 18" rim, one for the sport package and the other for the performance wheel and tire. My guess is, it's either a typo, or they'll have multiple wheel packages like Lexus does with their IS.
THANK YOU, finally somebody with half of a mind realizes what i was trying to say. anyway, you might be right with the lexus thing, but it still makes no sense, because then it would be available for the 6MT trim. and yea it might be a typo, but very rarely are there typos in things like official ordering guides

Old 06-05-2008, 07:49 PM
Premier Member

THANK YOU, finally somebody with half of a mind realizes what i was trying to say. anyway, you might be right with the lexus thing, but it still makes no sense, because then it would be available for the 6MT trim. and yea it might be a typo, but very rarely are there typos in things like official ordering guides
You're an idiot if you think its the end of the world because Infiniti MIGHT offer two different 18" wheel options. Also whats your hardon about the 6mt trim?

Old 06-05-2008, 07:53 PM
You're an idiot if you think its the end of the world because Infiniti MIGHT offer two different 18" wheel options. Also whats your hardon about the 6mt trim?
Why's everybody jumping mark? He pointed out that they are going to, if the info is accurate, offer three types of wheels. I don't think his comments would classify as having a hardon about it. Just pointing it out.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:11 PM
and yea it might be a typo, but very rarely are there typos in things like official ordering guides
If it WERE an "official ordering guide" we were looking at then no one would be wondering if this was true... but we're just looking at something from an auto website... I think you're trying to play both sides now. Its either A. just news from a website that might have errors... or B. official ordering guide specs which means there would be 2 rim choices and that the G37 sedan DOES exist

Old 06-05-2008, 08:23 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
If anyone were to check out the G35 brochure, you'll notice a car somewhere in the brochure with rims that nobody on this board has...

For that matter, they're rims that I've never even seen on a G before...

Old 06-05-2008, 08:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Atleast tell us what the new models are going to have, you should have the 09 ordering guide by now...

Old 06-05-2008, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by princealyy
Atleast tell us what the new models are going to have, you should have the 09 ordering guide by now...
Just think what the Acura TL forums ae going through. The new model should be out in 3-4 months. No one knows what it is going to look like. No picture or specs. Infiniti will do the same thing. Probally til the 2008's are mostly gone.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by Mike@RiversideInfiniti
If anyone were to check out the G35 brochure, you'll notice a car somewhere in the brochure with rims that nobody on this board has...

For that matter, they're rims that I've never even seen on a G before...
Just looked at it, different 7 double spoke design. Never noticed that before.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:35 PM
Originally Posted by Pie-rat
If it WERE an "official ordering guide" we were looking at then no one would be wondering if this was true... but we're just looking at something from an auto website... I think you're trying to play both sides now. Its either A. just news from a website that might have errors... or B. official ordering guide specs which means there would be 2 rim choices and that the G37 sedan DOES exist
well yea i don't think this rumor is true. i said that an official ordering guide wouldn't have a typo like that as part of my argument that this is not an official ordering guide and simply just some information that somebody just put up to get everyone talking, i think its a false rumor

as for stardust, yea i don't understand why he/she is jumping all over me, i never said it was the end of the world i just said it was highly unlikely for that to be true especially because one of the "performance wheels" isn't even available for the performance trim of the car (Sport 6MT). as for the hard on with the 6MT, thats just an ignorant, immature comment that needs to be ignored.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Official 2009 G37 Sedan changes.