G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Recaro child car seats in the G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 04:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recaro Signo Recall

Sorry to dig up an old thread. There's lots of threads about infant seats but this one seemed most specific to the Recaro Signo. Came across this headline and felt this would be newsworthy for other G owners:

http://blogs.consumerreports.org/bab...-car-seat.html

My wife and I are expecting in August 2009. In the meantime, I've been doing research for infant seats and planned to purchase the Recaro Signo after our future baby outgrows the Chicco KeyFit 30.

Hope this helps!

Old 03-06-2009, 04:45 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by bHbZ
Sorry to dig up an old thread. There's lots of threads about infant seats but this one seemed most specific to the Recaro Signo. Came across this headline and felt this would be newsworthy for other G owners:

http://blogs.consumerreports.org/bab...-car-seat.html

My wife and I are expecting in August 2009. In the meantime, I've been doing research for infant seats and planned to purchase the Recaro Signo after our future baby outgrows the Chicco KeyFit 30.

Hope this helps!
Thanks for this dude... I have a signo in my back seat right now.

Old 03-21-2009, 05:26 PM
AesonVirus, I am now in the same boat as you were. My son just turned 1 and he is just at the 20lbs mark. How well does your signo fit?

Old 03-21-2009, 05:50 PM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
I have a Britax Boulevard II for my little one, and personally I think it's a great seat. It has received very good reviews (better than the Recaro according to the wife) and it's on the list

Old 03-23-2009, 01:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Been moving my little one in and out of the car now for two weeks with the Chicco Keyfit 30 with no real issues. My single complaint would be that the latch teathers barely reach with the base in the middle of the car. They do reach but take some force. Of course you only have to do this when you reinstall the base which may be never. The seat itself is a breeze to put him in and mate with the base.

Old 03-23-2009, 05:32 PM
MoJ
Originally Posted by LiquidGx
Been moving my little one in and out of the car now for two weeks with the Chicco Keyfit 30 with no real issues. My single complaint would be that the latch teathers barely reach with the base in the middle of the car. They do reach but take some force. Of course you only have to do this when you reinstall the base which may be never. The seat itself is a breeze to put him in and mate with the base.
The LATCH hooks are hard to reach from the center position because they're only designed to work on the sides. Owner's manual says "Do not attempt to install a child restraint in the center position using the LATCH anchors." I just bought the same seat and was disappointed the G wasn't designed to use LATCH in the center.

Old 03-23-2009, 05:49 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by MoJ
The LATCH hooks are hard to reach from the center position because they're only designed to work on the sides. Owner's manual says "Do not attempt to install a child restraint in the center position using the LATCH anchors." I just bought the same seat and was disappointed the G wasn't designed to use LATCH in the center.
I agree, the manual advises not to put it in the center since there are no latches for the center.I only use the outside with the latches for my Grandchildren.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by Virus
AesonVirus, I am now in the same boat as you were. My son just turned 1 and he is just at the 20lbs mark. How well does your signo fit?
The seat fits perfectly.
The little one loves it too. She falls asleep all the time in my car,yet she hardly ever falls alseep in the wife's MDX with Britax seats.

Maybe it's the beautiful tone of the FI exhaust putting her to sleep...

Old 03-24-2009, 09:53 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GEE35X
I agree, the manual advises not to put it in the center since there are no latches for the center.I only use the outside with the latches for my Grandchildren.
Oh freaking wonderful. I'm going to rtfm, then blast Infiniti for being complete *** hats!!!!!!!

Old 03-24-2009, 03:09 PM
I looked at the Recaro Signo today and I have to say I am very impressed with the build quality and materials used. More so than the Britax. It does look narrower. How old are your children and how well do they fit?

Old 03-24-2009, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by LiquidGx
Oh freaking wonderful. I'm going to rtfm, then blast Infiniti for being complete *** hats!!!!!!!
I think you can use the seat in the middle (but you can't use the LATCH points),
the manual states (copied from Page 1-18 in the Canadian 2007 G35 Owner's Manual)
"The LATCH anchor points are provided to install child restraints in the rear outboard seating positions only.
Do not attempt to install a child restraint in the center position using the LATCH system"

So I think you could install it in the center using the seat belt since there are no latch hooks for the center.

Old 03-24-2009, 09:06 PM
MoJ
Originally Posted by GEE35X
I think you can use the seat in the middle (but you can't use the LATCH points),
the manual states (copied from Page 1-18 in the Canadian 2007 G35 Owner's Manual)
"The LATCH anchor points are provided to install child restraints in the rear outboard seating positions only.
Do not attempt to install a child restraint in the center position using the LATCH system"

So I think you could install it in the center using the seat belt since there are no latch hooks for the center.
I gathered the same...OK in the middle, just not with the LATCH. Which, if you're not frequently removing the base of the seat, is no biggie.

First kid on the way...man I hope the G 4-door will work as a primary family vehicle.

Old 03-24-2009, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by MoJ
I gathered the same...OK in the middle, just not with the LATCH. Which, if you're not frequently removing the base of the seat, is no biggie.

First kid on the way...man I hope the G 4-door will work as a primary family vehicle.
Mine works great for hauling my grandkids around. I consider my X one of the safest vehicles you can get.

Old 03-25-2009, 06:32 AM
My girls are now 1 & 6.
The baby is in the Signo and I have a Young Sport booster for my older one.
They both fit very well.

Old 03-25-2009, 01:12 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I want a kid now so I can get some PIMPIN' Recaros for the back seats.

HAHAHAHA, JK!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Recaro child car seats in the G