G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

OMG! - G37 ruined my dream!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 09:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xXHotelCrazyXx
Where in the gulf region are you located?
Originally Posted by Ridoor
I live in Bahrain. Any idea when its gna be released around here??

Old 11-26-2008, 09:19 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
How much does the G35 cost in Bahrain?

Old 11-27-2008, 07:27 AM
I do know some1 who works in gulfair---WHY??
G35 almost costs... $40k...

Old 11-27-2008, 10:48 AM
Received 221 Likes on 121 Posts
I do know some1 who works in gulfair---WHY??
G35 almost costs... $40k...
Trying to get a job with them, do you know what they do at Gulf Air? Im looking to get on as an Aircraft Engineer/Maintenance Technician

Old 12-09-2008, 08:22 PM
I don't like how ppl say 2lbs less torque is bad, u get much better tranny, and G37 does 0-60 in 5.0sec while the G35 does 0-60 5.6. And you will save much more gas with the new 7/at you will save gas, and smoke any stock g35 on the road unless it F/I. The new g37's are as fast as twinturbo 335i, and IS350 and gets better gas then both, 18/28 and it 15k less.

Old 12-09-2008, 09:46 PM
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by G37USR
and gets better gas then both, 18/28 and it 15k less.
WRONG.........

Old 12-10-2008, 02:10 AM
The G37 doesn't ACTUALLY have less torque anyways... it has less PEAK torque. Across the rev range it has significantly MORE torque, and that's EXACTLY how it gets more HP, seeing as the red line is the same @ 7500 and HP is merely a calculation based on RPM * torque.

Couple that increase in "area under the curve" with the new transmission that has two extra gears (resulting in greater torque multiplication at the wheels from the shorter gears) and I assure you that noone driving a G37 will wish they had a G35 so they could have a couple of ft-lbs more peak torque.

Old 12-10-2008, 03:08 PM
Where are you guys getting the impression the G37 has less peak torque than the G35?

2008 G35 Sedan: 268ft-lb @4800 (306hp)
2009 G37 Sedan: 269ft-lb @5200 (328hp)
2009 G37 Coupe: 270ft-lb @ 5200 (330hp)

Check out the side-by-side here: NADA Comparison

FWIW: 1 or 2 ft-lbs isn't worth even talking about anyway. 268 to 270 is only a 0.7% increase.

Old 12-10-2008, 03:33 PM
I live in the Gulf and am really confused and irritated!! I was planning from a long time to purchase a G35, and now after the news about G37, I am screwed!!! I do not think I will be able to purchase the G37, since it will be alomst $5-7K more expensive.. AND AND, my parents wont buy me the G35 claiming that its after-market price will severly drop after the release of the G37 :'(!!!!! WHAT SHUD I DO!!
I really hate spoiled kids, whether that applies to you or not it is a statement. I am not even going to be one of those guys talking about my first car. If your parents don't want to get you the 35 because the price is going to drop once the 37 comes out, ask them to just wait until the 37 comes out. The price dealers will charge will drop and then when they buy it the decrease will be a lot less steep.

I would also advise you to get a freaking job, try coming up with the 5 - 7K yourself and stop waiting and expecting things to get handed to you. Feel like I am freaking back in high school again, spoiled kids driving daddies BMW or mommies Benz.

Old 12-10-2008, 03:52 PM
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by kidistight
I really hate spoiled kids, whether that applies to you or not it is a statement. I am not even going to be one of those guys talking about my first car. If your parents don't want to get you the 35 because the price is going to drop once the 37 comes out, ask them to just wait until the 37 comes out. The price dealers will charge will drop and then when they buy it the decrease will be a lot less steep.

I would also advise you to get a freaking job, try coming up with the 5 - 7K yourself and stop waiting and expecting things to get handed to you. Feel like I am freaking back in high school again, spoiled kids driving daddies BMW or mommies Benz.
this is not a matter of spoiled kids. it's culture. things over here are done differently. Parents over here buy their children their first cars. it's a gift from a father to his son/daughter and a way for the "child" to show that they are responsible. When this child gets married, have kids and they get their license, the parent now will do the same to his kids, and the cycle continues.

and one more thing about getting jobs here. Its very hard for a teen from the gulf to get work. Simply because no one hires us. Even if it's just a small grocery store or a fast food chain. They'd rather hire "other" nationalities since the wages would be cheaper.

Sorry to go off topic.

Old 12-12-2008, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by kidistight

Wow, what a reatard. Grow up plz. I got a schol for a med school in my hometown and as a gift, my parents are gna buy me a car. Freakin imbecile.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by Q8y_drifter
this is not a matter of spoiled kids. it's culture. things over here are done differently. Parents over here buy their children their first cars. it's a gift from a father to his son/daughter and a way for the "child" to show that they are responsible. When this child gets married, have kids and they get their license, the parent now will do the same to his kids, and the cycle continues.

and one more thing about getting jobs here. Its very hard for a teen from the gulf to get work. Simply because no one hires us. Even if it's just a small grocery store or a fast food chain. They'd rather hire "other" nationalities since the wages would be cheaper.

Sorry to go off topic.
That's really interesting. It's funny how different cultures do things differently. I'm not certain I would consider a "child" showing they are responsible by whining that they can't get their $40k car but at the same time, as you said, totally different cultural norms.

Around here, kid's that get a $40k car are generally considered spoiled and we poke fun of their "entitlement" mentality . It's even more fun when you have the really stupid ones that crash their cars after a few days and then get all upset and try to blame the car manufacturer for a defect .

Old 12-12-2008, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by dopey
That's really interesting. It's funny how different cultures do things differently. I'm not certain I would consider a "child" showing they are responsible by whining that they can't get their $40k car but at the same time, as you said, totally different cultural norms.

Around here, kid's that get a $40k car are generally considered spoiled and we poke fun of their "entitlement" mentality . It's even more fun when you have the really stupid ones that crash their cars after a few days and then get all upset and try to blame the car manufacturer for a defect .
Well, thanks to the insurance, you get a brand new car

Old 12-13-2008, 02:06 AM
Originally Posted by dopey

I'll agree with you in part (I'm 19 and got an '08 G35S as a grad present last May).

I don't at all feel entitled to the car. I know I was completely spoiled with the car and I have absolutely no idea how I went from looking at VW GTIs to G35S.

I guess I'm not the typical spoiled kid though because sometimes I feel really guilty. I know the car is a huge financial burden for my parents (they wouldn't let me help pay) and sometimes driving around and having the nicest car in the parking lot and not even having a job makes me feel guilty.

But then I hit the gas and my thoughts go out the window

Old 12-21-2008, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by G37USR
I don't like how ppl say 2lbs less torque is bad, u get much better tranny, and G37 does 0-60 in 5.0sec while the G35 does 0-60 5.6. And you will save much more gas with the new 7/at you will save gas, and smoke any stock g35 on the road unless it F/I. The new g37's are as fast as twinturbo 335i, and IS350 and gets better gas then both, 18/28 and it 15k less.
WTF? G35 0-60 in 5.6 seconds??? That's way off... My current Road & Track Magazine's Road Test Summary has an automatic 07 G35 sedan listed at 5.3 seconds for 0-60 and 13.8@102.9 through the 1/4 mile. The 7 speed auto is very nice (I think motor trend tested the G37 at the 5.0 second 0-60 you cite) and def is a little better with highway mileage.

Also 335i and IS350 are still every bit as fast as the new G37 sedan. 335i is listed at 5.0 seconds 0-60 and 13.5@104.5 while the IS350 is listed at 4.9 0-60 at 13.5@103.1. So as you can see the new G37 is now more competitive with these two cars but to say it's faster isn't really true. 335i has a big torque advantage and the IS350 is simply a fast car. I love Nissan/Infiniti just as much as anyone here (check my sig) but you sound like a real G37 fanboy...

Last edited by WUKILLABEEZ; 12-21-2008 at 10:46 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OMG! - G37 ruined my dream!