G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

A few issues...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 04:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few issues...

First of all, Merry Christmas to everyone!

I've posted a few threads, but I'm inclined now to combine a few issues all at once. Overall, I love my G. Great car to drive and most things work great.

The issues I have are:

1) the brakes squeal horribly, especially when coming to a slow stop
2) the sunroof liner keeps falling out
3) I can't get my t-mobile shadow to work with the bluetooth. I have to do all kinds of acrobatics to make it work each time I get a call.
4) the windows roll down when I don't want them too (when the keyfob is in my pocket in my office)

Each of these has a separate running thread, but I haven't seen any solid solutions (except 4, though that leads to my next point).

I've taken up each of these issues with the dealership and have been quite disappointed with their response. They have done temporary fixes to the brakes, but now say they will not continue to do that fix. The mechanic told me that they are "not supposed" to offer the sunroof liner fix that will apparently solve the problem, but they have said they will take care of it on my next appointment. The phone issue is software, so I'm willing to let that one go, as I don't expect they can solve every single bluetooth compatibility issue. As for the windows, someone previously said that they had their dealer fix the issue by disabling the auto-rolldown in the car. My dealer said that wasn't possible. If whoever claimed that before can direct me to their mechanic, I'll have mine give him a call.

The greater issue here is that I'm very disappointed in the service I've been receiving at my dealership and am considering moving my business. However, as this dealership is fairly convenient for me, I'd rather just hold them to taking care of these issues. Anyone have any recommendations as to what the solutions are, and how to get them out of my dealership? I couldn't get them to fix my clutch (which was recalled) or the jittery acceleration (which was recalled). With the big deal they make about the "Inner Circle" program, I figured they would make more of an effort to keep the customer happy. These guys seem to be more set on resisting any repairs that aren't specifically recalled by Japan.

Old 12-26-2008, 06:34 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
1) If the dealer has failed to fix it, and you brake pads and rotors are in good confition all you need is some brake lubricant behind the pads and that will take care of all the squealing, unles your brake pads are shot and the indicators are firing in...
2)There's a TSB for that i had mine fixed as well over a year ago, no issues so far...
3)Thats compatibility issue
4)Thankfully iv never had that happen but a few have complained about that, my guess would be to get the key covers from Terryc and that would allow more resistance.

G/L

Old 12-27-2008, 02:57 AM
Have you tried this for the bluetooth yet? http://www.infiniti.com/bluetooth/

I can t speak to the other probs because I havent had to look them up. Good Luck

Old 12-27-2008, 11:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Try these ones. They look sweet and should work better.

http://http://www.thejacketstore.com...iti/Categories

tg

Old 12-27-2008, 11:09 AM
1. my brakes squealed a lot when i first got the car they don't anymore
2. TSB
3. not sure...
4. quit wearing tight jeans

Old 12-27-2008, 02:48 PM
Incidentally, ugaexploder, are you in the Atlanta area? If so, where are you getting your car serviced?

Old 12-27-2008, 08:37 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The issues I have are:

1) there are 2 metal clips (spring like) that if put on in a hurry may touch the rotor and make that noise... have dealer check those clips....
2) there is a TSB and dealer would fix... i had the same, dealer did the TSB and no more probs
3) some phones don't work well with it... my iphone being one of them too.
4) better fitting pants or not so much crap in your pants

Old 01-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Is there a fix to disable the auto roll down feature? I recently purchased an 08 G35X for the hubby and everytime I go outside his windows are down - and it's raining. Thanks

Old 01-05-2009, 02:12 PM
I could have sworn I saw a posting a while back where someone said his dealership had disabled his auto-roll down. I was hoping he might look at this posting and let us know how to get that done.

Old 01-05-2009, 04:25 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
im pretty sure if you dissconnect the battery it disables the auto-roll from insise the car buttons as long as you do not reset the window feature, not sure if it also disables the feature form the remote... but worth a try

Old 01-05-2009, 04:30 PM
I've had that one happen inadvertently. I don't think the issues are the same though, and regardless, I'd hate to lose my auto-down inside the car just for that sake. Someone really needs to figure out how to get into the programmed code on this car and change some things from the software end.

Old 01-05-2009, 09:25 PM
I think that sometihng that happended with 2007 model. None!!! No issue with mine 2008 G35X.Put so much thing n still not issue yet!!!

Old 01-05-2009, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by KulG35
The issues I have are:

1) there are 2 metal clips (spring like) that if put on in a hurry may touch the rotor and make that noise... have dealer check those clips....
2) there is a TSB and dealer would fix... i had the same, dealer did the TSB and no more probs
3) some phones don't work well with it... my iphone being one of them too.
4) better fitting pants or not so much crap in your pants
I heard alot about iphone not really compatible with our G.That's why i don have it lol!!

Old 01-05-2009, 09:39 PM
if it's that important to you, have them service the same problem at least 3 times and write them a lemon law letter, might check your states lemon law provisions. b sure to get a service invoice every time.