G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

JDM Tail Lights?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 04:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by terrycs
The harness itself is easy to install, but why not wait to see if the JDM light some with the harness? If it does, no need to buy new harness' (they are expensive). Also no need remove the harness from the old lights. You can then sell the old lights as a complete assembly.
Good idea to wait and see By difficulty I meant more the whole process than just the harness part, the removal and replacement process. I took a look at the factory ones, it looks easy to replace, but looks can be deceiving with car sometimes.

Thanks for the responses

Old 01-06-2009, 05:57 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by PSXBatou
Good idea to wait and see By difficulty I meant more the whole process than just the harness part, the removal and replacement process. I took a look at the factory ones, it looks easy to replace, but looks can be deceiving with car sometimes.

Thanks for the responses
To remove and replace the lights: remove or pull away the trunk liner, remove 3 nuts on each side, cut a cable tie on each side, unplug harness and remove light. Reverse to re-install ... cable tie is not really needed. Maybe 5-10 minute project max.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:43 AM
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by KulG35
this is what I was quoted from Kuwait...

Part Code : 26550(RH) Retail Selling Price US $ 282.00
Part Code : 26555(LH) Retail Selling Price US $ 282.00
Part Code : 26540N(RH) Retail Selling Price US $ 48.00
Part Code : 26545N(LH) Retail Selling Price US $ 48.00

Please find attached copy of the catalogue for your reference. Above prices are FOB Kuwait excluding any other charges.
how much would they ship them for?

Old 01-07-2009, 02:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Makes sense now. The rev lights on the trunk lid are the same so those are not needed.

A hint for those thinking about this mod ... the white connector/harness will have to be moved from your car to the new lights. Removing the white connector from the red housing is a PITA. I don't think it can be done without breaking it off.

I did mine as a swap with harness, so no breakage needed.

The reverse lights are NOT the same. It looks very similar, but the reds in the taillights are different US vs JDM. When I got the lights from Hikos (they had harnesses btw, completely plug and play) I first just put in the main taillights and they are more of a pinkish red than the deep red of the US tails. So I'd recommend getting the reverse lights too.

With the reverse lights - when you take out the OEM reverse light housing it seems extremely difficult but it's because the reverse lights are GLUED in and you must break the glue seal with "brute" force pushing it out once its unscrewed.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by popcornten
The reverse lights are NOT the same. It looks very similar, but the reds in the taillights are different US vs JDM. When I got the lights from Hikos (they had harnesses btw, completely plug and play) I first just put in the main taillights and they are more of a pinkish red than the deep red of the US tails. So I'd recommend getting the reverse lights too.

With the reverse lights - when you take out the OEM reverse light housing it seems extremely difficult but it's because the reverse lights are GLUED in and you must break the glue seal with "brute" force pushing it out once its unscrewed.
I can't seem to tell on mine. The definitive answer is to have the parts counter check out the part numbers and see if they are the same.

Old 01-08-2009, 01:17 AM
I can't seem to tell on mine. The definitive answer is to have the parts counter check out the part numbers and see if they are the same.

It's probably just because I'm completely **** about this stuff - but I do notice it even in those pics. Its not a big difference by any means, but there is a solid pink tint to the JDMs in my opinion.

If I knew how to post pics I would.

Edit: But then again Terry, I would take your car even if it had one blue and one green taillight!

Old 01-08-2009, 04:13 AM
do you have night pixs?

Old 01-09-2009, 12:59 AM
heres some pics, hopefully these help as well.
swap was straightfoward, had a little trouble releasing the connectors from the housing, but ended up fitting perfect. Lights were from Japan

Old 01-09-2009, 10:46 AM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Okay... I'm dying here.

What the hell am I looking at?
Is it just the lens that is different or are the LEDs/Lights a different color as well?

Anyone have pics from halfway through an install so I can see one side OEM and one side JDM?

Old 01-09-2009, 01:29 PM

The difference is VERY subtle so anyone thinking about doing this will have to justify whether or not it is worth it.

The difference between the USDM and JDM tails is the JDM version has an amber turn signal whereas the USDM version has a red turn signal.

During normal operation with just the tail lights on, they both look the same with two circles of red LED lights on each side.

During braking, the LEDs on both the USDM and JDM versions obviously get brighter.

With the turn signal ON, the JDM will flash yellow and the USDM version will flash red. The flashing bulb is clear on both models, but the JDM housings are colored making the flashing bulbs appear amber. The flashing light is located in the center of the outboard LEDs.

With the hazard lights on, the JDM units will flash amber and the USDM units will flash red.

Old 01-09-2009, 01:36 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i want these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! uhhhhh, just won't pay $400 for it!

Old 01-09-2009, 01:47 PM

i want these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! uhhhhh, just won't pay $400 for it!
I think it's worth it on a trade, but to me $400 for yellow turn signals is kinda steep. I would have thought the guys in Japan that like to rebadge to INFINITI would also want the USDM red lights.

Old 01-09-2009, 01:58 PM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
Anyone speaks Japanese + knows Japanese 350GT forums?

Old 01-09-2009, 02:01 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
whoever wants to trade i will trade and pay for their shipping, just want these... but not pay hundreds for it!

Old 01-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
whoever wants to trade i will trade and pay for their shipping, just want these... but not pay hundreds for it!
Ditto

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: JDM Tail Lights?