G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Does Infiniti really want to sell G37's in the US?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 06:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does Infiniti really want to sell G37's in the US?

Ok here we are in January now and the G37 is supposed to be showing up. Sure a few dealers have a few here in the SE in ATL, but I call my dealer to find out when I can expect a Liq Plat Journey Premium Nav, shoudl not be a hard car to get, WRONG! Only 1 due in entire SE region between now and end of February!! WHAT!! Where have they been putting all the 09's they have been stockpiling? 08 inventory is getting low enough that they shodul start letting the 09's flow!
Infiniti is really missing the boat here they may just lose me now I can't keep waiting and waiting, time to explore other alternatives.

Old 01-06-2009, 09:52 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2008 G35 Journey Sedan no sunroof
Originally Posted by kluken
time to explore other alternatives.
Like an '08 G35?

All car sales are way down, car companies are doing what they have to do to survive.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:06 PM
There are no Liq Plat Premium Nav in ATL, last I checked. Decatur had 1, but it had over 100 miles on it. They are not helping sales by holding back inventory of 90s when there are people that want them regardless of 08 availability. Is it me or is Infiniti the only one holding back 09's, everyone else released their 09's a while ago.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by kluken
There are no Liq Plat Premium Nav in ATL, last I checked. Decatur had 1, but it had over 100 miles on it. They are not helping sales by holding back inventory of 90s when there are people that want them regardless of 08 availability. Is it me or is Infiniti the only one holding back 09's, everyone else released their 09's a while ago.
I think Infiniti's (losing) strategy is to hold back 2009 to sell all 2008s so when December 2009 rolls around, they'll be holding back 2010s so that they can try to unload 2009 inventory.

Old 01-07-2009, 10:44 AM
I hear ya...I got tired of waiting and bought something else...they can officially count 1 2009 sale lost....

Old 01-07-2009, 12:24 PM
My local dealer has about 8 or 9 in stock.... I'm guessing by the time I pick mine up in a few months I won't have a problem...

Old 01-07-2009, 01:01 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Its a shame but the fact is, the economy isnt helping auto sales right now. They released an improved model, but there are many 2008s left over in certain regions. They need to unload most of the 08s first. Many are aware of the changes to the 2009 model which are keeping people from purchasing an 08, even if they are practically giving them away. If you want a 2009, you're going to have to pay to play, unless your dealer is lucky enough to have a good inventory of 2009s.

Old 01-07-2009, 01:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
idk, but here in NY i was at my moms office yesterday and the parking lot seriously reminded me of an infiniti dealership. no joke.
most of them were new, and i counted at least 5 or 6 G37x's, which i think are only in '09? correct me if im wrong on that one. there were defff lots of them there tho.

Old 01-07-2009, 01:45 PM
Alumni****
Some dealerships are just dumb. They will not even deal on the 09's, even if I'm a legitimate buyers. OTHERS, are smart and would make a deal, even on the 09, to make a sale. Others are pushing the crap out of the 08s. I understand, but on the otherhand, don't sell me an 08 when I'm coming in looking for an 09.

I think I'm on the same boat as mondo540. I've had two G35 Coupes in the past and wanted to go back to Infiniti, but if they don't start letting the vehicles out and giving the dealers some stock, I may just end up buying something else.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by RADIOGUY21
Its a shame but the fact is, the economy isnt helping auto sales right now. They released an improved model, but there are many 2008s left over in certain regions. They need to unload most of the 08s first. Many are aware of the changes to the 2009 model which are keeping people from purchasing an 08, even if they are practically giving them away. If you want a 2009, you're going to have to pay to play, unless your dealer is lucky enough to have a good inventory of 2009s.
Problem is 08 inventory is low now and some of us won;t buy an 08, so they are shooting themselves trying to squeeze every 08 out before shipping 09's. Then they want to deal off MSRP on 09's, I told them point blank, I can go to almost any make dealer and get a car for invoice, just becasue Infiniti held 09's back for 3 months does not mean I'm going to pay top dollar, either take my sale now or I'll come back when you have tons of 09's or I'll buy somehitng else. I'll say I am much closer to getting it near invocie than MSRP right now, although they lied and said no $1K dealer cash so we're negotiating that still.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by OOOOA3
Some dealerships are just dumb. They will not even deal on the 09's, even if I'm a legitimate buyers. OTHERS, are smart and would make a deal, even on the 09, to make a sale. Others are pushing the crap out of the 08s. I understand, but on the otherhand, don't sell me an 08 when I'm coming in looking for an 09.

I think I'm on the same boat as mondo540. I've had two G35 Coupes in the past and wanted to go back to Infiniti, but if they don't start letting the vehicles out and giving the dealers some stock, I may just end up buying something else.
Agreed, on top of that there are no real Premium Nav 08's left and the ones they had all had 100-200 miles on them, I want low miles. They are also dumb they shoud restrict demo drives to a few cars, most of these guys let a person drive any car on the lot and most people don't buy them. When I shop I want to drive the model and features I am looking for then I'll take the color I want with no miles on it.

Old 01-07-2009, 10:24 PM
I agree on this one. Sell an '08...sell an '09...at least you are generating some cash flow. Would you rather have $38k for a '09 today or wait 3 or 4 more weeks to sell an '08 for $33k just to stand on principal? Either way you are tying up cash with cars sitting on the lot so move what you can when you can and move on to the next one.

Normally dealers are concerned with profit and I can appreciate that...but this is survival time. Dealers/manufacturers can survive on cash flow or at least slow bleed for a long time....they can't survive on financial report profits without the cash flow. Having low levels of moderately profitable sales at the cost of heavily loaded balance sheet in this econcomy is just stupid.....unless Infiniti is floor planning inventory at no interest with so seriously long payment terms.

I've been trying to order a car and the dealer keeps telling me to wait another day or 2 and that he "will be getting a list of all cars to be shipped over the next 90 days" and he wants to check it first before I order in the event that a car with my options is on there so he can get it to me sooner.....BS. I like my dealer but this is getting ridiculous. There are no less than 6 other dealers in a 120 mile radius and I'm real close to making some calls until I find one that wants to sell a 2009 with my best interests in mind.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:07 PM
Infiniti is definelty playing some games. The car was originally due out late September so it is over 3 months, and while they have slowed production now, they had a bunch in the pipeline. They are only letting those stockpiled cars trickle out. I'm about ready to look at something else or write off Infiniti for 09 and drive my TL Type-S another year and decide then.

Old 01-09-2009, 02:18 AM
I've been playing this game with a dealer in town as well. The have an 08 G35S auto, prem and nav they are really trying to get rid of. In fact when I stopped by I asked them about a 6mt 08 sport and he brought me to the auto. It wasn't until the next day that I found they had an 09 6MT in inventory looking on the Infiniti website.

I called them about it and it has nav and prem. Stopped by about 3 days later to take a look at both cars and they had to bring the 09 around to the lot. It sill had all of the wrap from the factory, seeats, wheels, everything wrapped. They are planning on moving any of the 09s until the 08s are gone. They don't have a single 09 on the lot.

I haven't really started to negotiate yet but they would only do $1000 off MSRP on the 09, but $3000 off MSRP on the 08 plus the 0.9% rate. I prefer a 6 speed, but am leaning towards pulling the trigger on the 08 given the deal (plus we're thinking of starting a family and the auto might be a wider choice).

Any opinions?????

Old 01-09-2009, 02:32 AM
Received 168 Likes on 149 Posts
blame the economy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Does Infiniti really want to sell G37's in the US?