G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Motive - BMW 335i Sedan vs. Infiniti G37S Sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 03:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by trebien
I kind of doubt that few people would tune the 335i knowing that it's traceable and their warranty would be voided.
Yeah I was just saying. A friend of mine who used to go to High School with me has a white 335i coupe six-speed manual and it is tuned by Vishnu and it is crazy fast.

Old 01-16-2009, 03:17 AM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by markk132
i honestly don't think the 335i is a better performance car. it might be a tiny bit faster, but i don't think it handles better. i've driven both, and i own a g35 sport, and i think the main reason why people think the 335 handles better is because it is a smaller vehicle. the smaller the vehicle the better it will "feel" through turns. also, i don't think the fact that the G35 has an LSD gets mentioned enough in this debate. granted, its a VLSD, not a mechanical unit, but it still is a lot better than the 335i's open differential. man, if we think launching a g35 is hard, imagine a 335i with all that torque and no LSD.
Did you drive a 3 with the sport package?

I own both, and there is no way anyone can say they handle the same.

Old 01-16-2009, 04:11 PM
iv driven a 335i sport package, and my buddy owned a 330xi and now owns a 335xi with sport package, so im pretty familiar with the car. again, as i stated in my previous post, the bmw "feels" better mainly because of its smaller size. but, if u look at any car review, both cars pull the same numbers in the slalom and the skid pad. both are characterized as having excellent steering with awesome feedback. BUT, the bmw is always more refined and quieter and smoother. but more refined and quieter and smoother isn't wat im looking for when i buy a sport sedan. i want to hear my engine roar and my exhaust grumble, and if im buying a SPORT sedan, i'd like to feel the bumps in the road, i don't want to feel like im riding on glass like a lexus or a mercedes.

back to handling though. both cars have the same limit, they both have excellent chassis, with excellent steering. the g35 is just bigger, so it might 'FEEL' like it leans more, but it really doesn't. the bmw gives the driver more confidence because it feels like u can fit that thing in any little corner. keep in mind though, both cars weigh about the same. i'm confident the g35 will easily keep up with the 335i on a track even though its not quite as fast. but i understand why the 335i always wins the comparison tests, its because it is more refined and smoother, but thats just not what i was looking for. i was 19 when i bought the car (i'm now 20), and i wanted the best performing car with the most features possible for the most reasonable price, and i feel like thats what i got, so i'm happy. i wish i could own both cars, like sanman, that must be awesome man, i wouldn't know which one i'd drive when i woke up in the morning though haha.

anyway, both are great cars, i love the 335i and i love my car. if i felt the 335i was worth it, i would have gotten it, i could have afforded it. its a great car, my best friend owns it, and i tease him about how much he paid for it and how he has much less features lol, but its all in fun. i did extensive research on both cars before i made my decision, and i had driven both a lot. i decided on the g35, i felt it was the better all around car (performance, features, looks, size, reliability, etc.). but i have nothing against the 335.

Old 01-16-2009, 04:15 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
The G is more stable, the 3 is more nimble.

Old 01-16-2009, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by san~man
Did you drive a 3 with the sport package?

I own both, and there is no way anyone can say they handle the same.
I agree. Even though it puts up good numbers, the 335 just seems more sophisticated. Handles well, steering is great, while treating you to just enough communication with the road. If you just look at magazine numbers, you can't understand what I mean. But after owning it awhile, and then test driving the G37 6mt recently - the G37 just didn't seem to be put together as well. But for the money, it's a great car. Once the leases drop into the low-mid 400's nicely equipped, it's hard to fault.

Old 01-17-2009, 05:25 PM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Once you've had an equal amount of "seat time" in both cars, you can better relate to what I tried to state. The G is simply more underdamped than the 3, and I'd bet the springs are much softer too. The G also does lean more in the turns than the 3.

Simply driving a 3 then driving your G is not a fair comparison. You honesly have to drive both for a good amount of time to easily recognize the difference.

Old 01-17-2009, 07:49 PM
i just registered,but i have been following up the forum for the past 2 years...I had for 3 years a 2005 G35 6mt coupe and now i have a 2008 G35s, i use to have a 2000 bmw
330i for almost 4 years before i got the 6mt and i can tell you i drove both for a long time and i can say that the bigest diference i found is the insulation of the cabin, in the bmw there is less noise from the outside; the breakes felt more balanced and in the infiniti there is more pressure in the front breakes as contrary as the bmw that had the same feeling in the 4 wheels when you press the breakes...with all these cars ive been in diferent autocross and dragstrips, ive test every car well and as i mencioned before those where the 2 most outstanding diferences i found ....in your comments you mencioned as well very significant others ...but still i love my G

Old 01-18-2009, 10:38 AM
This could go on forever. At this stage these cars are now so close that it just boils down to the end users needs. My main concern now is how this 0-60 in 5 - 5.5s space is getting overcrowded. Camaro, Ford GT, Challenger, G8, probably the coming Genesis coupes and Kia equivalents etc. I have decided to buy my G when the lease expires next year and wait for the 2011 revamped G. If at that stage, the new G is still performing within the overcrowded space of this same crowd, I will move on to the 335i, assuming its still delivering the class leading perfomance as the current one.

Old 01-18-2009, 01:55 PM
today are a lot competicion, but if you make a good launch we can do 5.1-2 to 60 and 13.5-6 to 1/4m....i do this time in my 2008 g35s.....stock!!!

Old 01-24-2009, 03:36 PM
well, the plus side to the 335i is that is it soo easy to chip to give it serious speeeed!

I'm leaving infiniti to bmw shortly, mostly because I lease and the lease deals are great, not to mention the zero maintenance.. however I loved the technology and such in my g35...

In a perfect world, mercedes would wise up and offer better lease rates on their c63 amg.. that is the car I really want.

If i was to stay in the nissan/infiniti family.. it would have to be the gtr.. that car is just purely awesome from every standpoint.

Old 01-24-2009, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by swordfish
well, the plus side to the 335i is that is it soo easy to chip to give it serious speeeed!

I'm leaving infiniti to bmw shortly, mostly because I lease and the lease deals are great, not to mention the zero maintenance.. however I loved the technology and such in my g35...

In a perfect world, mercedes would wise up and offer better lease rates on their c63 amg.. that is the car I really want.

If i was to stay in the nissan/infiniti family.. it would have to be the gtr.. that car is just purely awesome from every standpoint.
Exactly what i was saying. The 335i has a huge plus side with the ability to chip. I'm kind of on the same boat as you are. I already parted ways with my 08 G35 and is in the process of switching to Audi. Man... I will miss that sound + technology.

Old 01-26-2009, 05:55 PM
Sorry to break the news but 335 is faster in the speed department in both coupe and sedan. Just accept it and move on for the fact that it cost almost 10K more than the G.

Old 01-27-2009, 09:44 AM
no i dont b...the bimer is a lot easyer to launch but if you dot right g37s sedan(7atm) is faster in the 1/4mi .....STOCK.....my car do 13.5-6...you gona sea g37s atu doing 13.3-4..all the the 335i are 13.5-6....the diferent is the 60'(ft) times the bmw has beter grip...check dragtimes and make an analisys..

Old 01-27-2009, 02:57 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by G35DekThai
Sorry to break the news but 335 is faster in the speed department in both coupe and sedan. Just accept it and move on for the fact that it cost almost 10K more than the G.
Sorry to break the news to YOU! but G37 sedan is faster than the stock 335 coupe or sedan.

Old 01-27-2009, 04:15 PM
Maybe AS fast, but not faster

Paired with the standard six-speed transmission, this is sufficient to propel the 3616-pound 335i to 60 mph in 4.8 seconds, with essentially no turbo lag—the tiny hesitation between the time the driver punches the throttle and the onset of full boost. That's a tenth quicker to 60 mph than was the slightly lighter 335i coupe, an advantage the sedan held through the quarter-mile (13.5 seconds at 106 mph)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Motive - BMW 335i Sedan vs. Infiniti G37S Sedan