G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Car serviced

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 10:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Q8y_drifter
i got quoted $480 for all fluid refill, chassis+engine check, pad replacement & alignment :O
OMG thats totally messed up!!!!

Old 01-30-2009, 09:29 AM
lol what dealer are you going to? the infiniti dealer here in upstate, ny charges $39.99 for the oil changes, etc. i havent brought my car in yet, but i also have a few free oil changes...it'll be awhile before my car goes in. just hit 1800 miles this AM

also, there shouldnt be a charge for the loaner, and the car should be full. the only thing the dealer asks up here is that you bring the car back w/a full tank.

Old 01-31-2009, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by calvinj23
lol what dealer are you going to? the infiniti dealer here in upstate, ny charges $39.99 for the oil changes, etc. i havent brought my car in yet, but i also have a few free oil changes...it'll be awhile before my car goes in. just hit 1800 miles this AM

also, there shouldnt be a charge for the loaner, and the car should be full. the only thing the dealer asks up here is that you bring the car back w/a full tank.
My Infiniti dealer is in Tallahassee, Florida.. Prestige Infiniti.. They only gave me 1 free oil change when I bought my car brand new. They charged me $126.00 for Labor, $52.22 for parts, and $5.00 for the loaner.. Everytime I get a loaner its almost on E.. I don't know why. Maybe I should complain to the owner.

Old 02-01-2009, 03:34 PM
perrdave: I'm in Westchester Co, NY, Pepe Infiniti is my Dealer. 7,500 mile service cost was about $100, included oil & filter, full inspection with a report on brake pads & tires; tire rotation and balancing AND a Free Loaner. For some reason though, they insist on re-balancing the wheels when I bring 'er in for a rotation. That pumps the bill. I have received very good service over the 18 months of ownership (I mean asa lessee) 07 G35X - 15k on the clock. They applied TSBs as needed.

Old 02-01-2009, 09:21 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Use this experience to save yourself some grief. The service rep is a salesman. You can spend $3,000 on premium service in the first 60,000 miles, or you can spend $500 on Schedule 2 service doing it yourself, and anything inbetween. Get out your service and maintenance guide, read it, and you will know more about what Infiniti recommends for maintenance on your specific car than the service rep. It's a job for these guys, not a calling, they do what they're told, which is to make money for the dealership. The dealership is not Infiniti and vice-versa. I believe that nearly every owner wants to do what the factory recommends for these cars, but you are going to pay for a whole lot more than that if you walk into a dealership with no knowledge.

Premium service, usually the starting point for what the typical dealership calls 'service' -[u]more[u]maintenance items are regularly checked or replaced - 'may optimize the performance, reliability, and resale value of your vehicle'. In my opinion, great if you feel good having someone else lavish attention on your 'baby', or you're going to own the car for 150,000+ miles and preventive maintenance will be repaid by getting the maximum life out of every component - transmission, radiator, brake system, etc.

Schedule 1 - your car is a daily driver, some stop-and-go. Most of us are in this category.

Schedule 2 - Almost all highway, almost all trips 5 miles or more in temperate conditions. I might add, you can't see yourself owning it for more than a few years.

So I recommend deciding which category you fit in, and if you're between two, put yourself up one category and stick with it as long as you own your car. Best of luck

Old 02-02-2009, 07:57 PM
A majority of the major services are inspections. I was quoted anywhere from $800 to $989 for the 30,000 mile service. I opted instead to have them do the oil change ($90 w/ Mobil1) and have a local garage inspect the rest. Dealer includes a 30 pt inspection in every oil change already. I bought the in cabin air filter myself ($10 or so) and spent the half hour myself.

Sorry, but its freaking absurd to charge that much for what is mostly inspections - oh wait and a radiator cap.

Old 02-02-2009, 11:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Agreed, but if you don't actually do it yourself, do you really know it's been done? I can't imagine an oil change checklist actually replaces the work the dealership charges $100s for. No, it's up to you to get your hands dirty, once you decide to skip the dealership, my point is that you should do the work.

Old 03-26-2009, 09:35 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by perrdave21
My Infiniti dealer is in Tallahassee, Florida.. Prestige Infiniti.. They only gave me 1 free oil change when I bought my car brand new. They charged me $126.00 for Labor, $52.22 for parts, and $5.00 for the loaner.. Everytime I get a loaner its almost on E.. I don't know why. Maybe I should complain to the owner.

Hey, I'm also here in Tallahassee and my service advisor at Presige Infiniti is Sheila she is really cool. You just have to tell them prior to checking out a loaner you need atleast half a tank of gas. They are normally really cool about that.

Old 03-28-2009, 04:41 PM
Not to hijack this thread..but last time i took my car in for service, i asked about the schedule 1 and schedule 2 services. They replied, We follow our own schedule. So the the car is not even being maintained to the Infiniti's original service plan. Is this good for car in the long term?

Also I dont drive my car daily. As of right now i drive it anywhere from 1 to 3 days a week. mostly 1 or 2 days. My work is 38 miles round trip. I go on long trips probably every three months. In seven months i have 5k miles on it. Should I be going for Schedule 1 or 2?

My first service was free so I will find out when I go in for my second service. It seems like they are not interested in schedule 2. But so far whole service with the dealer has been good experience.

Old 03-28-2009, 07:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a quick question. I'm getting my car serviced in the near future and have the K&N air filters. I fear that they will remove and dispose of my K&N's, as the package calls for new air filters. Do you guys think I should remove K&N's and replace them with the stock ones before bringing the car in?

Old 03-28-2009, 08:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just tell them don't change the filters since those are life time filters.