G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Why did you buy the sedan over the coupe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 05:08 PM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
I don't get why people are putting down the coupe...or why it's being called a douchebag car. Just because some of the ones you see on the street are douches? Doesn't that mean it's the DRIVER? I've seen sedan drivers being douchebags (thankfully not from this forum). I've seen people with other vehicles being douchebags as well. Again, it's the driver, not the vehicle. The car doesn't drive itself

I don't see why there is G on G hate. Maybe you guys need to go out to some meets and bond with the fellow G community. I've met guys with 1st gens, 2nd gens, G35's, G37's, coupes, sedans...and they're all a cool bunch of people.

Makes absolutely no sense to flame a vehicle for having 2 doors. That IMO, is highly childish.

Last edited by The Stimulation; 03-01-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by donpisto
Let the flame wars begin, lol. I personally like the agressive look, but it would help if there were other parts that matched. I personally wish some of the bumpers the coupe has were available for the sedan.
I don't mean any offense to anyone with my comments, but you must admit, that bumper is a bit too aggressive to be considered tasteful... the lines don't flow too well with the rest of the car, and IMO, it's a bit on the rice side on the sedan...

The cleanest kit I've seen for the 05 sedan would have to be Klumzee's Ings imitation front lip. But the way people put rivets through it makes it look ugly, not to mention that the front lip hangs much lower than the sides and rear...

Old 03-01-2009, 05:45 PM
What I dislike about the stock bumper, is that even with the OEM lip, the side skirt hangs lower than the front lip.

Although I agree Rookie's bumper can be said to be rice because of the large opening, I still wouldn't mind sporting it, especially if it's showing off an intercooler (which most sedan owners do not have.

Thing is, some people like the super agressive look. We all have our own opinions and I'm not going to force someone to like what I like. There may be other people that like it though. The main thing is people should do what they like. As long as it makes them happy. So many people are concerned about what others think.

But the whole thing about the coupe being a douchebag car is an absurd comment. Again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I'm not defending any one side, just stating we all have different tastes and we should do what pleases us.

Old 03-01-2009, 05:52 PM
But the whole thing about the coupe being a douchebag car is an absurd comment.
Hah! I see douchebags in Gs of all sizes in my area... the newer coupe guys around here just seem like they think they're hard because they have a "fast sports car"! (I'm talking about my neighborhood, not the forums btw...)

Old 03-01-2009, 05:53 PM
Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
1. Single father of a 5yr old
2. AWD option unavailable on coupe

Old 03-01-2009, 05:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1.) AWD
2.) Kids

Old 03-01-2009, 06:12 PM
cheaper insurance and more room

Old 03-01-2009, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by dofu
Hah! I see douchebags in Gs of all sizes in my area... the newer coupe guys around here just seem like they think they're hard because they have a "fast sports car"! (I'm talking about my neighborhood, not the forums btw...)
I know how that is. I drive around an area with lots of Lexus', BMW's, Mercedes', and Audi's. They all try to race me because I have a muffler delete and it's loud. I take off mildly quick or hold my revs to 3k and then all of a sudden I got someone trying to race me. What's even worse is when there is traffic.

Old 03-01-2009, 08:57 PM
I know how that is. I drive around an area with lots of Lexus', BMW's, Mercedes', and Audi's. They all try to race me because I have a muffler delete and it's loud. I take off mildly quick or hold my revs to 3k and then all of a sudden I got someone trying to race me. What's even worse is when there is traffic.
Its even worst for me, for some reason, (23yr old + asian + infiniti + white color = I want to race) WTFFFF!!!

I consider myself quite a slow driver, and only press my gas a bit hard if i want to take a pass at the red light for double to single lane changes.

However, those soccer moms in audi A4s, normal C classes, 3 to 5 series, and etc would never let me pass. Instead they GUN THEIR car instead. Well...it does not bother me too much since the G35 pulls alot faster. Then I would slow down to the speed limit, which is what i normally drive at anyways....but the look on their faces are priceless.

Then their are times when SOCCER DADS in their mini vans would do the same thing as well. They would Gun their Odyssey or Sienna, and of course, same thing happens.

I drive the same way as I did in my nissan Xterra of 8yrs, and it RARELY happens on that car. People would always let me go first in my xterra. For the G35 though...its like somehow people just dislike me.

Forgot to mention. those Mustangs and Volkswagen driven by my age range LOVES trying to race me. Of course I either ignore them, or pretend to race them. An SVT cobra (in the ugly Mystic paint) pull up next to me once, and start reving. I play along, hit the gas real hard, and stopped.....he of course gun his car, and almost hit a van in front of him. Sigghhhhhh.

Thankfully, Infiniti drivers in my area rarely drives fast, most of them just cruise in their coupe or sedan, enjoying the ride. This is the same for all ages. I for one know that I am enjoying the ride.

Last edited by Kinn; 03-01-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by Kinn
An SVT cobra (in the ugly Mystic paint) pull up next to me once, and start reving. I play along, hit the gas real hard, and stopped.....he of course gun his car, and almost hit a van in front of him. Sigghhhhhh.
A Camaro lined up with me revving... For sh*ts and giggles, I revved back. When the light turned green, he launched his car right into the car directly in front of him (we weren't at the line, nor was the traffic in front of us moving)

Old 03-01-2009, 11:08 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
i don't get why people are putting down the coupe...or why it's being called a douchebag car. Just because some of the ones you see on the street are douches? Doesn't that mean it's the driver? I've seen sedan drivers being douchebags (thankfully not from this forum). I've seen people with other vehicles being douchebags as well. Again, it's the driver, not the vehicle. The car doesn't drive itself

i don't see why there is g on g hate. Maybe you guys need to go out to some meets and bond with the fellow g community. I've met guys with 1st gens, 2nd gens, g35's, g37's, coupes, sedans...and they're all a cool bunch of people.

Makes absolutely no sense to flame a vehicle for having 2 doors. That imo, is highly childish.

+1...

Old 03-01-2009, 11:43 PM
Originally Posted by greg_atlanta
Coupe is a midlife crisis and/or douchebag car.
waaaaa? how is it a douchbag car ?

Old 03-01-2009, 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by dofu
A Camaro lined up with me revving... For sh*ts and giggles, I revved back. When the light turned green, he launched his car right into the car directly in front of him (we weren't at the line, nor was the traffic in front of us moving)
wow a guy in a mustang v6 btw wanted to race me light turned green and i hit a left. **** was funny

Old 03-02-2009, 12:33 AM
Because I couldn't afford the new M3 or the GT-R.

Old 03-02-2009, 01:02 AM
lol @ coupe being a d-bag car. it's a car with 2 fewer doors than mine...big deal. I actually see more douchebaggery from sedans around here.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why did you buy the sedan over the coupe?