G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Why did you buy the sedan over the coupe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 01:36 AM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by Kinn
Its even worst for me, for some reason, (23yr old + asian + infiniti + white color = I want to race) WTFFFF!!!

I consider myself quite a slow driver, and only press my gas a bit hard if i want to take a pass at the red light for double to single lane changes.

However, those soccer moms in audi A4s, normal C classes, 3 to 5 series, and etc would never let me pass. Instead they GUN THEIR car instead. Well...it does not bother me too much since the G35 pulls alot faster. Then I would slow down to the speed limit, which is what i normally drive at anyways....but the look on their faces are priceless.

Then their are times when SOCCER DADS in their mini vans would do the same thing as well. They would Gun their Odyssey or Sienna, and of course, same thing happens.

I drive the same way as I did in my nissan Xterra of 8yrs, and it RARELY happens on that car. People would always let me go first in my xterra. For the G35 though...its like somehow people just dislike me.

Forgot to mention. those Mustangs and Volkswagen driven by my age range LOVES trying to race me. Of course I either ignore them, or pretend to race them. An SVT cobra (in the ugly Mystic paint) pull up next to me once, and start reving. I play along, hit the gas real hard, and stopped.....he of course gun his car, and almost hit a van in front of him. Sigghhhhhh.

Thankfully, Infiniti drivers in my area rarely drives fast, most of them just cruise in their coupe or sedan, enjoying the ride. This is the same for all ages. I for one know that I am enjoying the ride.
Lol. Each paragraph you wrote is so funny, because it's so true. I think I should mess with some of the people like you do. Reminds me of this one time I had a Pontiac Grand Prix as a rental car and saw some Celica with a widebody kit. I gunned it to the speed limite and once I hit 40, I kept it at that. They guy in the Celica kept going and ended up getting pulled over. Quite hi-larious, lol.

Old 03-02-2009, 04:35 AM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by SwivelHips
All the performance mods for coupes are available for sedans, afaik.

I went for looks, performance and practicality, didn't even consider a coupe.
I know the VQ35HR could be modded that but my parents don't. They only think if I have a 4 doors car which looks like a family car, I will not spend time and money to modify it.
And for those who are against us, who bought a Sedan because of the influence of parents, I myself chose this car and I want to keep the good relationship within my family. I don't want to make my parents to get upset. I listen and respect them a lot. Don't assume that we bought a sedan while we like a coupe just because we can't afford a coupe and using our parents' money to get a "free" car.

Last edited by Phalanx; 03-02-2009 at 04:45 AM.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by donpisto
I like luxury sport sedans. I don't really have any passengers, but I just like sedans for some reason, not that I don't like coupe's but in the long term the sedan is much more ideal for me.
i'm the same way.. i don't have a G (yet) but i've always liked sedans more

plus i'm getting at that age where i want to have a family one day.. so a sedan makes more sense

Old 03-02-2009, 03:46 PM
kids

Old 03-02-2009, 04:44 PM
always was a sedan person, i like the looks of a modified sedan plus having 2 more doors for friends/family is always nice. I can't deny though that at some point i looked at getting a coupe they're sexy as hell and had always been a head turner

Old 03-02-2009, 06:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing against the coupe...I just think the sedan looks better. I'm sure most coupe owners believe just the oposite.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:41 PM
I like the looks of some coupes, but every coupe I've owned was hard to clean and not rear-passenger friendly.

I found the G coupe to be a little too sporty and didn't feel the extra $2,000 or so price premium for the coupe was worth losing two doors for. I like a car to have some *****, but I want prefer the packaging of a sedan overall.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:07 PM
As much as I like the coupe, with four kids a sedan was necessary. I gave up looking for a 6MT Sedan used, wound up with an '08. People are surprised a sedan with manual and rear wheel drive. At my age, a coupe would have everyone pointing the 'mid-life' finger at me, haha.

Old 03-03-2009, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by donpisto
Lol. Each paragraph you wrote is so funny, because it's so true. I think I should mess with some of the people like you do. Reminds me of this one time I had a Pontiac Grand Prix as a rental car and saw some Celica with a widebody kit. I gunned it to the speed limite and once I hit 40, I kept it at that. They guy in the Celica kept going and ended up getting pulled over. Quite hi-larious, lol.
I just don't understand these kids nowadays. With the new Fast and Furious movie coming out...the road is going be loaded with even more ricers. With a modded G35c in the movie, now everyone is going to try to race an Infiniti. Sighhhhh

But what you said is funny. They deserve to get pull over. Take it on the track!

Old 03-03-2009, 01:47 PM
I already have a 2-door "toy" - my '04 350Z Roadster, so I did not want another 2-door car. I needed a 4-door car to drive my kids, so '08 G35S replaced my previous daily driver, '98 Maxima SE.

Last edited by mgG35S; 03-03-2009 at 01:53 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:31 PM
The coupe always looked like a chick car to me. It needs a power bulge in the hood, some fender flares or a crease here and there....some masculine cues of some kind. Its a good looking car but just too smooth IMO.

Old 03-03-2009, 04:01 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I got the sedan for the AWD Northeast would be tuff with just RWD, Then of course they come out with the AWD coupes, But having the extra room helps when friends and family wanna ride is the G.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:53 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
leg room, insurance, cost

Old 03-03-2009, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by mgG35S
I already have a 2-door "toy" - my '04 350Z Roadster, so I did not want another 2-door car. I needed a 4-door car to drive my kids, so '08 G35S replaced my previous daily driver, '98 Maxima SE.
wow....that must be awesome! What is the biggest difference between the G35S and the 350z?

Old 03-03-2009, 09:39 PM
room, cost, insurance

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why did you buy the sedan over the coupe?