G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Driving (fog) lights in OEM bumper

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 07:01 PM
BRN
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driving (fog) lights in OEM bumper

Has anyone seen a kit that would install in the 'blanks' on the lower part of the front bumper of my 2008 G35 Sport? I have seen kits like this for other makes, but not the G35 ('07-'09) sedan. Can anyone point me to a manufactuerer?
Thanks!

Old 03-21-2009, 07:28 PM
I don't think there are kits but some people do it themselves.

Old 03-21-2009, 07:39 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
^yeah, strictly a custom setup.

Old 03-21-2009, 07:42 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Hey BRN - I see you're from Guelph
Be sure to check into the Canadian section

Old 03-21-2009, 09:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LOL Nice somebody from Guelph.

I am from Guelph too.

Old 03-21-2009, 10:36 PM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
There isn't one, but there's someone here who's trying to retrofit some Hella HID's. I can't recall the name but the post was fairly recent.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:42 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Maybe it was this one. It's for the Journey Bumper, same general idea tho:

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...t-project.html

Old 03-22-2009, 10:39 AM
Here you go. No photos or updates so far, though.

https://g35driver.com/forums/picture...d-fog-kit.html

Old 03-22-2009, 04:53 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
To this day I still don't understand WHY Infiniti didn't atleast integrate some lighting into the bumper inserts. ATLEAST on the Sport model. I definitely would have paid for a set!

Old 03-22-2009, 05:26 PM
BRN
I have installed a set of PIAA lights into the inserts. We simply used a hole saw and rigged a holding bracket into the bumper from behind (they are wired into my existing ignition harness). The issue is the lights are not tight, and as a result they move about just enough to drive me crazy. Plus when the bulbs fail (which for some reason has hapend 3 times now) you have to remove the enitre front clip to get at them. Not a very efficeint way to go about this. But I so want this look I will continue this way till I find a better solution. Anyone else with a kit, or solution they've used, please let me know!

Old 03-23-2009, 12:01 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by BRN
I have installed a set of PIAA lights into the inserts. We simply used a hole saw and rigged a holding bracket into the bumper from behind (they are wired into my existing ignition harness). The issue is the lights are not tight, and as a result they move about just enough to drive me crazy. Plus when the bulbs fail (which for some reason has hapend 3 times now) you have to remove the enitre front clip to get at them. Not a very efficeint way to go about this. But I so want this look I will continue this way till I find a better solution. Anyone else with a kit, or solution they've used, please let me know!
Do you have a picture of your fog mod?

Old 03-23-2009, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by baileyt35
To this day I still don't understand WHY Infiniti didn't atleast integrate some lighting into the bumper inserts. ATLEAST on the Sport model. I definitely would have paid for a set!
The bottom line (as in money, not the Nissan promotions)

They already offer two bumper options, adding the fog to the Sport bumper probably added to their bottom line.

I read a post somewhere by a Nissan Designer that *everything* comes down to cost. Even a $0.05 bolt can make a big difference in the total cost of the project.

With that said, in an odd way, i'm actually thankful that Nissan/Infiniti didn't place fogs by the bumper. Every other Nissan i've owned (or vehicle for that matter) in recent years have used glass-lens based fog lights, and each one of them either cracked or just completely broke. There's been lots of complaints about it recently on other forums, so they're probably just responding to those complaints.

Don't take me wrong though, i'd still want some functioning fogs. The one on the 2nd gen is completely non-functional. It almost makes me think they're just marketing it as "fog lamps" since it's already there, being marketed as "driving lamps" in other markets.

Old 03-23-2009, 03:05 PM
BRN
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
Do you have a picture of your fog mod?
I dont...buit I can try to post one, However as mentioned I wouldnt recommend the way I did it as its a pain in the backside whenever a bulb fails, and (at least in my applacation) it isnt very stable.

This is why I so desperately want someone to make a kit for this car!

Old 03-23-2009, 05:43 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by soundmike
The bottom line (as in money, not the Nissan promotions)

They already offer two bumper options, adding the fog to the Sport bumper probably added to their bottom line.

I read a post somewhere by a Nissan Designer that *everything* comes down to cost. Even a $0.05 bolt can make a big difference in the total cost of the project.

With that said, in an odd way, i'm actually thankful that Nissan/Infiniti didn't place fogs by the bumper. Every other Nissan i've owned (or vehicle for that matter) in recent years have used glass-lens based fog lights, and each one of them either cracked or just completely broke. There's been lots of complaints about it recently on other forums, so they're probably just responding to those complaints.

Don't take me wrong though, i'd still want some functioning fogs. The one on the 2nd gen is completely non-functional. It almost makes me think they're just marketing it as "fog lamps" since it's already there, being marketed as "driving lamps" in other markets.
Thanks for that clarification

Old 03-23-2009, 06:29 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by soundmike
Here you go. No photos or updates so far, though.

https://g35driver.com/forums/picture...d-fog-kit.html
I have been lazy, I know, I know. The kit is in my trunk. Just need to call and make the appt.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Driving (fog) lights in OEM bumper