G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

MY First Post After 2 Years Stealing Information!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 12:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MY First Post After 2 Years Stealing Information!

First of all I've been on several forums while debating on my most recent purchase or "upgrade" I should say (sold 2005 G35, bought 2009 G37S) and this one is clearly the best. The best and most interesting, entertaining, and informative posts made by people I could actually see myself having a beer with sometime. Alright, enough of the love fest, I just wanted to say thanks to veterans like Terry S and Hikkos G and everyone else who helped me make my decision to purchase another G. Believe it or not I was actually considering the G8 GXP. Yeah, I know. But I'll say this - its a badass ride! Drive one and you'll see what I mean.

I don't want this post to be "worthless without pics" so here's a link to my 05' and my new ride.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3307084
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3307083

Anyone who says the new 09' isn't an enormous upgrade over the previous platform should be banned from the site. The first time I drove the new 09 I thought I was driving a completely different car. The vibration and the feel of the shifter have been upgraded so much so they remind me little of my old 330i but with shorter throws. The engine is noticeably smoother and quieter at higher revs. My 2005 sounded so stressed above 5K RPM you almost had to change gears b/c you felt like you were gonna break something. I love the new interior and the exterior styling borders on timeless - to me. The only thing I would add is a little more torque on the bottom end and tighten up the steering. Outside of that I'm extremely happy with my purchase. I wasn't the first G37 in Atlanta but I know for a fact I was the first Black on Black 6MT b/c I had to have my car trucked in from Miss. I purchased through my company's VPP program so I got the trucking fee removed and also got them to credit the $850 "docking fee" so I ended up right at $300 above invoice. I was very happy with that considering the fact that I was looking for a very specific vehicle.

Anyway, that's my story. It would take a whole different post to explain what I went through to find the right wheels for this puppy so I'll keep that to myself for now. It finally worked out exactly how I wanted with a really strong staggered fitment - 40/19/245F & 35/19/275R. I wanted a really clean look and I think we pulled it off. I just couldn't stand those stock "hub caps"!

Old 03-26-2009, 12:11 PM
Congrats!

Lol, thats pretty funny that you'd been lurking for 2 years without ever posting.

welcome?? haha

Old 03-26-2009, 12:20 PM
Very nice looking wheels, they go extremely well with the car. Congrats.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by madmax2k1
Very nice looking wheels, they go extremely well with the car. Congrats.
I have to agree... you're making me feel I need to change my wheels on my G37S...

Old 03-26-2009, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by zmzmzm
I have to agree... you're making me feel I need to change my wheels on my G37S...
The OEM wheels on the G37 Sport sedan are not very attractive; but I don't want to spend money on a new set of wheels.

I wish Infiniti would offer more OEM wheel options like BMW does.

Old 03-26-2009, 02:59 PM
Well I'm going to disagree. The G37 is an upgrade but for me it's very minor. I had a change to drive a G37X all day yesterday while my car was in for service. I'm a salesrep and I put on about 60 miles on that car. My loaner was an 09 G37X with about 3700 miles, I own a G35Xswith 12000 miles.

Power wise from my seat of the pants experience both cars feels just as quick accelerating from a stop. The only place I felt the G37X had a very slight edge compared to my car was using kickdown in DS mode from 60MPH's. The G37X took off a little quicker than my car. The reaction time on the G37X was about 1 second quicker compared to my car. Although I baby my car and I'm sure my engine might still be a little tight. I drive my G like a luxury car.

I really like the 7 speed gearbox, shifted nicely and smoothly and did not experience any gear hunting issues. The engine in the G37X also sounds better and sportier with a nice growl. Interior wise I was not thrilled with the heater *****. They looked really cheap. And the rest of the interior was the same as my G35Xs, with the occasional crack and creak noises from the washi trim.

If was in the market for a G seadan right now I would buy a G37. But they really need to do something about the interior quality. Great car. But so is my G35Xs.

Last edited by gugarci; 03-26-2009 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-26-2009, 03:02 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
3ToG - glad you finally came out of the closet.
Lurker no longer

Old 03-26-2009, 03:18 PM
Red face

Originally Posted by gugarci
Well I'm going to disagree. The G37 is an upgrade but for me it's very minor. I had a change to drive a G37X all day yesterday while my car was in for service. I'm a salesrep and I put on about 60 miles on that car. My loaner was an 09 G37X with about 3700 miles, I own a G35Xswith 12000 miles.

Power wise from my seat of the pants experience both cars feels just as quick accelerating from a stop. The only place I felt the G37X had a very slight edge compared to my car was using kickdown in DS mode from 60MPH's. The G37X took off a little quicker than my car. The raction time on the G37X was about 1 second quicker compared to my car. Although I baby my car and I'm sure my engine might still be a little tight. I drive my G like a luxury car.

I really like the 7 speed gearbox, shifted nicely and smoothly and did not experience any gear hunting issues. The engine in the G37X also sounds better and sportier with a nice growl. Interior wise I was not thrilled with the heater *****. They looked really cheap. And the rest of the interior was the same as my G35Xs, with the occasional crack and creak noises from the washi trim.

I was in the market for a G seadan right now I would buy a G37. But they really need to do something about the interior quality. Great car. But so is my G35Xs.
I moved from an '05 to an '09 vs. your compoarison of '08 to '09. I took a big leap while your commenting on a tiny step. If I were you I wouldn't trade a '08 for an '09 either.

Old 03-26-2009, 03:41 PM
I have no plans to to trade in my 08 for an 09. But the G keeps getting better every year.