G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

japanparts.com turn signal mirrors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 11:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jran76
I have used japanparts.com on a few occasions, and there were no issues at all. I actually met up with the owner while I was in Japan, and bought a few things to take back. I then ordered a couple parts online, and there were no problems. The nice thing is they take care of everything; all the paperwork. You can always have someone send parts, but getting things through customs and paying duties is always a hassle.
I've never had any issues with customs. I have had parts sent to me, as well I get on average 3-4 packages from Japan a month. You do save quite a bit when you cut out the middle man, I just dislike bothering people to get something for me.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:43 AM
I just got a response, you may want to think about that order again.

About our part #280-002-002-2, that is just the cover, so that does NOT include mirror itself. Also, I can NOT sell the mirror to you. The reason is that you will need the wire harness to equip JDM mirror for 100% sure since all the JDM mirrors are power folding mirror, but I do NOT do any wire harness at all
Looks like you need a wiring harness to make this work 100%, at least plug and play wise. Maybe there is another way around it, but I would personally want the right way.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The LEDs on the japanparts.com mirrors are very small, so I would imagine drivers/vehicles from behind and to the side have difficulty seeing them blinking... A couple folks bought LED turn signal mirror housings off an eBay seller, who still sells them. For example, here... I wanted LED signal mirrors mostly as a safety feature, so the great benefit of this design is the larger lights wrap around enough such they can be seen by both vehicles in front as well as to the side and behind...

As far as paint matching goes, I've heard the eBay seller matches the color code really well, as long as the vehicle is still relatively new and things haven't begun to fade. But because the mirrors physically stick out from the body (i.e. as opposed to being a part of it like a bumper or fender), it's not readily apparent if they don't completely match the rest of the body

Old 05-12-2009, 09:19 AM
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
I dont know, i think i just need the wiring harness if I want the complete JDM mirror swap. I just want the covers, so I should be alright. I should just be able to run the wires to the front or rear turn signal.

I spoke with the selller on ebay on painting for those covers, he said he cant match K23 liquid platinum. He also says there are no instructions included.

Old 05-12-2009, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by bat6wc
I dont know, i think i just need the wiring harness if I want the complete JDM mirror swap. I just want the covers, so I should be alright. I should just be able to run the wires to the front or rear turn signal.

I spoke with the selller on ebay on painting for those covers, he said he cant match K23 liquid platinum. He also says there are no instructions included.
Negative

you need JDM mirror assy and wire harness to equip that mirror cover
You need the covers, the mirror assembly, and the wire harness to make this work. All three parts are needed. On the bright side when you are done you will not only have JDM mirrors, they will also be power folding.

I'll be giving a dealer in Japan a call when I get home from work (they should be just opening then). I have the part numbers for the covers, mirror assembly, wire harness, and interior switch (power folding).

Last edited by PSXBatou; 05-12-2009 at 12:18 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by PSXBatou
Negative

You need the covers, the mirror assembly, and the wire harness to make this work. All three parts are needed. On the bright side when you are done you will not only have JDM mirrors, they will also be power folding.

I'll be giving a dealer in Japan a call when I get home from work (they should be just opening then). I have the part numbers for the covers, mirror assembly, wire harness, and interior switch (power folding).

damnit! really? So i need to cancel the order?

Old 05-12-2009, 01:05 PM
damnit! really? So i need to cancel the order?
That quote was a direct translation from what they replied via email. Sorry

Old 05-12-2009, 01:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the eBay mirror cover, you just swap the mirror cover, you use the original housing and heated mirrors.

As far as color goes, again, read my above. The mirrors jut out from the body so it's not noticeable if the color is slightly (~5%) off. Furthermore, those of us who bought it (Replayray, me, and one or two other members) got the painting done locally as opposed to the seller. The mirror housing cost me about $100, and the paint (strip/prime/basecoat/clearcoat) about $75. I did the install and wiring myself. I'm very satisfied with my K23 paint mix by a local DuPont dealer

Old 05-12-2009, 03:14 PM
dang, well looks like I am going with those eBay covers then....

I just hope japanparts.com gets my email to cancel the order....

Old 05-13-2009, 10:44 PM
just a quick update, i was able to cancel the order from japanparts.com and have ordered the ebay mirror covers. Yuki at japanparts was super helpful and friendly.