G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Any Ideas what happened?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 07:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any Ideas what happened?

Ok here goes, I drive to work and notice that my 2007 G35x steering wheel doesn't lift up when I shut the car off...I had this feature set. So I go into the system menu and turn this feature on AGAIN.

All is fine, I leave work and my seat is pushed up all the way and doesn't move. The passenger seat moves but not the driver seat, my mirrors don't work, and the menu setting to turn these features on is MISSING from the screen, the section that lifts the steering wheel and pushes the seat back is gone from my screen, also two position settings don't work as well.

I'm bringing the car to the dealership, but any ideas on what the hell happened?

Last edited by bmovie; 09-29-2009 at 08:37 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:45 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by bmovie
Ok here goes, I drive to work and notice that my 2007 G35x steering wheel doesn't lift up when I shut the car off...I had this feature set. So I go into the system menu and turn this feature on AGAIN.

All is fine, I leave work and my seat is pushed up all the way and doesn't move. The passenger seat moves but not the driver seat, my mirrors don't work, and the menu setting to turn these features on is MISSING from the screen, the section that lifts the steering wheel and pushes the seat back is gone from my screen, also two position settings don't work as well.

I'm bringing the car to the dealership, but any ideas on what the hell happened?
Maybe a BCM issue.

Old 09-30-2009, 11:52 AM
I guess I'll find out soon enough, it's in the shop as I type this, waiting to hear back from them.

Someone else on here has similar things happen and the BCM was mentioned. What is the BCM? I assume it's something that controls the computer functions and electrical?

And why would it go if it's this BCM? I haven't done anything to the car, I get in and drive that's it.

Old 09-30-2009, 03:09 PM
I guess I'll find out soon enough, it's in the shop as I type this, waiting to hear back from them.

Someone else on here has similar things happen and the BCM was mentioned. What is the BCM? I assume it's something that controls the computer functions and electrical?

And why would it go if it's this BCM? I haven't done anything to the car, I get in and drive that's it.
Body Control Module

Hard to state why it would fail, also hard to state exactly how it fails. There may be some codes generated that will show up and those codes may well have nothing to do with what your situation seems to be.

On my 08 I have had the IPDM, the BCM, brake switches, steering lock, etc. all replaced or worked on due to a starting issue. I have no modifications other than the car is paid off.

I have seen others with all sorts of codes seemingly non related to the problem with the car that could have been induced by optional accessories. For example many security systems have a remote start option. To enable this feature some interaction with the BCM is required. How the install takes place may put the BCM at risk.

If you are still under warranty which is sounds like you are then you may be lucky if your BCM is at fault that this what is affected since other functions being disabled could leave you stuck out in the middle of nowhere.

There could also be a pin fit issue which can be extremely hard to find since those issues ofter come and go like the wind.

Old 09-30-2009, 03:39 PM
I spoke to them at the dealership and they have never seen this before, they told me they might have to keep my car overnight.

He did mention the BCM, but has to wait for the tech guy to get back to him as to what is wrong.

What scares me is that I hope this is not going to be an ongoing issue.

At least its under warranty and we all know that infiniti has one of the longest warranties.

Old 10-01-2009, 05:02 PM
going on second day and still they have no idea what's wrong.

They're waiting for technical support to get back to them. Infiniti Canada has been informed of my situation, they told me that they have put me on priority.

the bummer is that they don't have any loners and i'm in a rental Altima

Old 10-06-2009, 08:45 PM
Six days later I got my car back....it was some sensor/unit that controls the seat that fried. It took them that long to figure it out.

Old 10-07-2009, 10:32 AM
six days...that is just stupid...why the hell does it take six days to figure out that a stupid sensor is fried.

They shove in all this 'electronic/tech' stuff in a car and they can't have a simple way to detect if a sensor is fried??????

Sorry for the rant, i woke up on the wrong side of the bed :-(

Old 10-07-2009, 11:46 AM
no problem, I ranted to them as well.
I didn't understand how it can take so long, isn't there a way you can plug the car in and get a reading as to what sensor has failed?
I brought the car in wednesday morning got it back tuesday the next week....so from wednesday to friday they had no idea what was wrong.
I have a feeling since it's warranty work they kept the car longer because they can bill head office for more.

anyway i told them since you have the car there, there are some issues I want fixed, like the glove box sticking, rust on the wiper arm joints (they replaced the wiper arms).

I'm just glad that I got my car back finally.

Where else can you go to bring you're car?

Old 10-07-2009, 01:40 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
wow tthheeeeyyyy wwwooorrrrkkk sssslllllooooowwww.....lol

Old 10-07-2009, 02:07 PM

I have a feeling since it's warranty work they kept the car longer because they can bill head office for more.
Ask them for the paperwork if they did not give it to you. Mine was in the shop for 16 days for warranty work and they billed for less than 8 hours of work.

Old 10-07-2009, 03:52 PM
Yes I did ask for the paper work, they told me they will mail it to me, because the technician has to file all the work, yada yada yada....so I can't wait to see what was done.
I really don't care what they bill head office, my car is fixed and I had a loner, which is all I cared about.