G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Help please!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 09:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help please!

Hello,

I'm having problem with my car... my car wouldn't start! I was able to open my car with my remote; however, when i press brake and start button, cars power goes off... I'm not sure if I need new battery or something else is wrong... please someone help!

Thanks in advance...

Old 10-27-2009, 10:02 PM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
If you stick the FOB in the slot beneath the dash, does the car start?

Old 10-27-2009, 10:03 PM
Nope.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Call your dealer and have it tow! Most likely an ignition problem since the car doesn't even try to crank. Do all the accessory lights come on and radio and power windows work?

Old 10-27-2009, 10:23 PM
no light comes on... I have feeling that it's a battery issue but... not exactly sure.. because if i wait 5 mins car starts...

any suggestions?

Old 10-28-2009, 12:55 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by chunhamujuk
no light comes on... I have feeling that it's a battery issue but... not exactly sure.. because if i wait 5 mins car starts...

any suggestions?
Biggest complaint I have had with my 08XS reliability was a starting issue. The IPDM was replaced as starters along with brake switches, etc. Finally the BCM was replaced. It has had two non starts since, one the day after the fix, another that I may have self induced.

Next time you have an issue try to see if the steering wheel is locked or unlocked. This is one item that tossed codes on mine.

On the possible self induced non start I was told by one tech that there is a combination that can occur with the key fob buttons that will cause a non start. Solution is to start over, get out of the car, close door, open door, get back in and see what occurs (mine started right up).

What mine would do is the dash lit up normally when the button was pushed, then all the normal lights would go out but no start. Do you have your tach and speedo showing normally? If not maybe simply a battery.

If you can before having the flatbed come and get it see if you can grab the codes yourself (don't try to clear them). If you get a flatbed look for mud guard and fender well damage, they ruined both of my front mud guards and I forced them to keep the car until they fixed that as well. The local Infiniti will not get any more of my non warranty business since they have damaged the car in some way each time it has been in their shop which has been far too often.

Old 10-28-2009, 07:54 AM
Don't mean to highjack this thread, but pfarmer how do you grab these codes?

I assume you need some sort of reader and if so what kind and where do you plug the thing in?

Old 10-28-2009, 08:40 AM
Originally Posted by pfarmer
What mine would do is the dash lit up normally when the button was pushed, then all the normal lights would go out but no start. Do you have your tach and speedo showing normally? If not maybe simply a battery.
too often.
All my information (mileage A, B thingy) was cleared.... I was able to start fine this morning oddly... I'm not exactly sure what's going on...

Old 10-28-2009, 03:50 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by bmovie
Don't mean to highjack this thread, but pfarmer how do you grab these codes?

I assume you need some sort of reader and if so what kind and where do you plug the thing in?
OBD reader. The 'G' depending on year dumps a variety of codes that can be used to tell you just why your 'G' failed to start. Not everything is recorded, but often enough to point you in the right direction if you know the logic behind starting the car which is stated in the FSMs. One code that popped up on mine was the steering lock along with a few others.

This are some of what showed up on my car:

B210C PNP RELAY OFF
B210E STARTER RELAY OFF
B2110 INTRLCK /PNP SW OFF

(These showed up the first time)

B210A: STRG LCK STATE SW
B210B: START CONT RLY ON

(These showed up the second time) The IPDM was replaced.

This is why I stated to see if the steering wheel was locked. It is part of the sequence that allows the car to start and it was also not locked on my car just before I had the tow truck come. In fact was able to push it up part of the way to the flatbed after negotiating my driveway.

Once at the dealer they grabbed the codes and tried to start the car, it would not start. Then they unloaded it off the truck and it started everytime for them just like the other times the car was at the dealer. This time they replaced the BCM since there were some odd codes that pointed in that direction. The car failed to start the day after it was returned and then started a minute or so later. It failed one time after that, but that may have been the keyfob multiple buttons pushed issue. Been good since.

Another user had a starting problem as well and listed his codes. One of his was something to do with security. I asked the question if he had a remote starter installed, which he did. Known problem depending on how they are installed since they often tie into the BCM and can cause issues, especially if the installer screwed up. I haven't heard back about his case.

The system works like this on the 07 and up. The BCM takes a bunch of inputs, I forget them all, but a dozen or so. These include steering lock, brake switch, clutch (if manual), gear postion, engine not running, key id, .............., anyway a bunch and then sends a signal if all is well to the IPDM to close the starter relay.

Anyway the system will fail to send the signal if the stars don't line up correctly. If the IPDM is faulty it will not act upon the signal, then of course the starter itself could be an issue. Or anything that sends it signal to the BCM could be faulty. Even a cell phone is reported to possibly be an issue if it is on and in the right spot to cause a collision of signals.

One time early on when it failed to start I got down and played with the steering lock which I will not tell you how since this is a sensitive issue with security and the car started.

I even had the car start once a second or two after I removed my foot off of the brake and released the push button. I didn't really like that since I feel a car starting after you removed yourself out of the picture is a hazard.

Anyway the system has a certain FM to it.

Old 10-28-2009, 04:26 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Do you have anything plugged into your power/cigarette lighter slot?

Newer cars are having this problem where those plugs will drain your battery.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chunhamujuk

any suggestions?
Not a battery issue if the car eventually starts. Gotta be something iginition or push button related most likely! So you are saying that when you get in and push the start button 2 times WITHOUT pushing the brake pedal, none of the cluster lights come on, but the car starts after 5 minutes?

Old 10-29-2009, 11:00 AM
This morning, it happened again... I opened my hood and press down - connector in my battery and it worked... could it be possible that my - connector went bad? Because I jumped someone's car twice... they had hard time starting their car using my car... any suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

Old 10-29-2009, 05:06 PM
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
How long have you had that battery? You should at least use a multimeter and check the battery and make sure the connections are tight. I know it's obvious but you might as well start from the top.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.