G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Saw a 2010 G37x today.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 10:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great job finding that ad! Thanks!

Man, even though I purchased an '09 a few weeks ago during the massive liquidation, I was hoping that the '10 would look great and help Infiniti bolster its brand image (a win for all of us)...sadly, IMHO, they failed.

- The front bumper is a mess...from the fog lights, to the grill, to the lower grill (sorry, don't know the tehcnical term for that piece), it's a mess...I really wanted to like the fog lights, I think the idea was good, it was just executed so poorly. The front looks like an Altima.

- The rear valence....what the heck is going on back there????? It's utterly amazing to me how Nissan has never been able to get the back of any car to look right, the only exception being the G coupe.

- The move from the Washi aluminum trim to a more brushed aluminum trim ....IMHO, the darker, brushed trim doesn't offer enough contrast with the rest of the dash....the Washi trim provided a nice contrast...everything looks muted now.

- The wheels...need I say more?

As for the postives:

- Improved resolution of the NAV screen

- Better quality leather

- A standard midnight black grill for the Sport trim...the color is better although I still prefer the grille shape of the '07-'09.

Let's hope Infiniti pulls everything together next year to send the 2nd generation G sedan out with a bang!

Old 01-09-2010, 03:51 PM
Well, I'm sure everyone has their own opinions.

I personally think the 2010 non-sport is probably the best overall looking. The front end is essentially a more aggressive looking version of the prior year's sport front end. I like that as well as the separate fog lights. It just looks like an enhanced version of the 2009 sport front which is fine. To me the changes are minor but most of them are in the positive direction. The interior changes bump up the luxury feel while the exterior ones give a slight bump in the aggression. Sounds positive enough for lux sport sedan.

Now is it all that much better that people with the previous versions should feel jilted? No, It's just a minor refresh, but my opinion is that most of the changes are in the positive direction.

What I don't like are the new 17" rims for the non-sport. They probably would've been better off leaving the prior year's 17's on it.
Also, I'm not into the 2010 sport front end. The squared off flares around the fog lights are a bit overdone. However, that's just me. A lot of people like it and think it's really aggressive looking. I can see that but it's just a bit over the top for my taste.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:03 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
the projection headlight looks more like the new/older style Z's with the small clear circles around the them, not really a big fan of that, yes it is very small im meticulous i guess. Also the butt looks a little bit ......hmmm redifined? no, its less boxey and looks kind of squashed in there slightly. However the interior is +5 imo thats where they really didn't slack. Just my little investigating I did.

EDIT** oh and not a fan of the white gauges.....the violent is way classy and royal-like.

I LOVE MY GGGG

Old 01-10-2010, 11:51 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by RBull
^I'm feeling the same way.

Shame there isn't progress but for we folks with the earlier models it's certainly a plus.

I totally agree!

Old 01-10-2010, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by lak3shor3_slat3
EDIT** oh and not a fan of the white gauges.....the violent is way classy and royal-like.
The violet is still there. In one of those pics it looks washed out (almost light blue). Not sure why that is but if you look below that at the pic of the "Start button" you can see part of the gauge cluster and it's still purple. All they did was make it more crisp. Then they took out the red from the rest of the cluster. They did it as part of the interior tweaks to increase the luxury feel in the cabin. It does look cleaner and more consistent. Can't tell from the pics, if it's really that much better though.