G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

I wonder what the dealer is doing with my car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 09:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wonder what the dealer is doing with my car?

So when I bought my car in early Dec. from Cerritos Infiniti it had a very small hole in the back seat and one on the right front pillar post. Also the side of the driver seat had a small place that someone tried to fix but didn't, like the leather is cracking and the steering wheel is scratched up. The head service guy said wait 30 days and then bring it in and we can fix those things under the reg warr. Also part of the deal that I wanted trhown in was illuminated kick plates and splash guards. Those we in my contract. Well nobody ever called that those came in. Called last week and they were checking but nobody called back. So I made an app and took the car in Friday. The regular service guy wrote it al up and gave me a loaner and said they will call me Monday. No call. Tuesday morning he calls and says we don't see any paper work on the stuff you wanted put on. Told him the salesman name that sold the car and he said that's all he needed. Haven't heard a word since. So now what, just wait to see what they do or don't worry I have a loaner.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:59 AM
If it's been more than a day, I'd call. I would normally call each day unless they told me they're waiting for x-number days for parts. But hey--you have a loaner. And wow--all that interior wear on an '08? dang.....

Old 02-04-2010, 10:45 AM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
^+1 its very likely that they havent even started working on your car and just called you with an excuse to buy some more time, i would call once everyday until they gave me a definite ETC(est time completion) with a valid reason for the delay.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:17 AM
Sorry to hear your story. For me it would raise a big no to buy a car with interior destroyed like that. If somebody did not car that much I can imagine how bad it can be where you can't see.

What I would do is just call the manager to see wehathe's got to say about it. Hope everything is on paper what they promised. For next time. I'd suggest if you buy a used car only sign it if they fix all the things you asked for. If they don't want to fix it before that just the sign they don't really want to do it after.

At pre sale you have the power. $$$ After the sale you you are in their hand. You give them your $$$. They told you 30 days because of the used car waranty they have to provide you. Shady dealer all I can say.

Hope they'll fix everything for ya.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:49 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
big no no, work all that stuff out before. I'm sure you are realizing this though. Dont mean to add insult to injury!

Last edited by LakeShore_Slate; 02-04-2010 at 11:49 AM. Reason: mispell
Old 02-04-2010, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by tg1234
Sorry to hear your story. For me it would raise a big no to buy a car with interior destroyed like that.
+1. I never buy a car with a ruined interior, even if just stains in the seats or a tear in the leather, spots on the steering wheel....

Old 02-04-2010, 12:20 PM
I should explain abit. The back seats look unused but for a very small hole about this o big. I didn't even see it until I got home otherwise I don't think the back was used and that could of been done when the dealer was detailing to sell. The pillar is as small. My seat cracking is about the size of a quarter. The steering as on the forums seems to be common problem.

Old 02-04-2010, 01:12 PM
Sorry but 2 years old car should not have cracks and holes in the leather. My old Saab had no cracks and holes after 5 years.

As I stated before this would be a red flag for me. But to each to their own. If that's ok for you so be it.

Hope everything works out good for you.

Old 02-04-2010, 02:03 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
As long as they are not doing this with your G I wouldn't worry about it. Call them every day and remember to document and check your milage when you get it back.
I wonder what the dealer is doing with my car?-1969-dodge-charger-general-lee-doh-jump-swamp-1600x1200.jpg
Good luck with the repairs!

Old 02-04-2010, 02:03 PM
I'm not worried as long as it gets fixed right.

Old 02-04-2010, 03:32 PM
So I just got home with my car. The steering was replaced. The back seat hole, you would know looking at it where the hole is, smae with the pillar. But I had to see this e-mail to the guy that sold be the car and the head service advisor.

Just go my car home from being repaired. Very happy with all work except for the fixing of the cracked leather on the side of the driver seat. Not happy with that repair at all. In fact it looks worst.{it really does} Also still no sign of the illuminated kick plates and splash guards that was included in my purchasing of the car. I asked the service guy about the illuminated kick plates and splash guards when I took my car in on Monday and he took note of it.

So now we will see. I'd be pissed except I just retired so this is giving something to do.

Old 02-04-2010, 05:18 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Glad it work out for you so far. Shouldn't take more than a week for the parts to come in (unless they're on backorder which I doubt). Did they give you an approx. date when they will be at the shop/dealership?

Old 02-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by lak3shor3_slat3
Glad it work out for you so far. Shouldn't take more than a week for the parts to come in (unless they're on backorder which I doubt). Did they give you an approx. date when they will be at the shop/dealership?

The parts were to be ordered when I bought the car in early Dec. Today the reply was

Sorry about that, I'm looking into the splash gaurd and kick panel issue right now. The seat trim is as best as it is going to get. I'll let my manager know you are not happy about that.

Old 02-04-2010, 05:28 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by jane
So now we will see. I'd be pissed except I just retired so this is giving something to do.
Sounds like these guys need to be hounded since it's evident they could not organize a ****-up in a brewery. I would stay right on top of this with daily calls or even personal visits if it's not too inconvenient for you. I would also note who you talked to, about what, what time and what day.

Old 02-04-2010, 05:43 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
If you keep at it i am pretty sure they will end up replacing the seats leather case to make you happy.

And sounds like you will be getting the Splash guards and illuminated plates for sure but with a little delay, so just hang in there and then there is no harm done!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I wonder what the dealer is doing with my car?