G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

07 G35x without Nav questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 12:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 G35x without Nav questions

Hey guys, first time posting here and close to being a first time Infiniti owner! Only one dilemma... the dealership that I was going to purchase my 07 Infiniti G35x from just told me the car didn't have navigation which I originally planned on.

They are planning on lowering the price to compensate for there mess up. However; I was really looking forward to the GPS features. I don't use navigation THAT much but thought it looked pretty damn cool on this car.

What features do the G35x without Navigation have on the main screen display? From my knowledge, it basically allows you do play CD's and control the radio and thats about it. Do they come equipped with bluetooth or XM radio? Can they play video?

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated!

Old 06-18-2010, 04:38 AM
you do get bluetooth but not XM. the screen displays everything pretty much the same except that you don't have a Nav, XM, and mp3 hard drive

Old 06-18-2010, 08:43 AM
You get bluetooth with the premium package (contacts show up on the screen). Re the screen: radio presets listed out, climate controls, and finally there are a couple screens like fuel economy graphs (separate from the one in the gauge cluster) and a menu to change convenience/comfort settings (sensitivity of auto headlight sensor, headlamp delay, etc). You can also view videos from your ipod through the aux controls in the center console.

Satellite radio is a separate option and you will know if the car has it if it has the shark fin antenna on the roof.

I don't have nav or satellite radio and really dont think I would use it that often (of course never had it in past cars). It would be cool to have the map up all the time, but when I need nav I just use my phone.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:58 AM
Originally Posted by baksdak
You get bluetooth with the premium package (contacts show up on the screen). Re the screen: radio presets listed out, climate controls, and finally there are a couple screens like fuel economy graphs (separate from the one in the gauge cluster) and a menu to change convenience/comfort settings (sensitivity of auto headlight sensor, headlamp delay, etc). You can also view videos from your ipod through the aux controls in the center console.

Satellite radio is a separate option and you will know if the car has it if it has the shark fin antenna on the roof.

I don't have nav or satellite radio and really dont think I would use it that often (of course never had it in past cars). It would be cool to have the map up all the time, but when I need nav I just use my phone.
Thanks for the information guys. I'm not too worried about the XM radio and also have navigation on my phone. Is it possible to watch DVD's on the center console?

So with the aux hookups in the center console... does that also play sound from your ipod through the speakers? I thought I had read that you need a separate component that gets installed behind the stereo for that.

Old 06-18-2010, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by dr2i4ve
Thanks for the information guys. I'm not too worried about the XM radio and also have navigation on my phone. Is it possible to watch DVD's on the center console?

So with the aux hookups in the center console... does that also play sound from your ipod through the speakers? I thought I had read that you need a separate component that gets installed behind the stereo for that.
Don't think you can watch DVD's...the CD player wouldnt know how to read these.

The aux hookups will play sound from ipod through your speakers. No separate component needed (just the cord). However, doing it this way will not give you the ability to control your ipod from the stock stereo/steering wheel controls. If you want to do that, you have to install the other component (directions how somewhere on this board).

I am happy with just the cord and using my ipod controls...

Old 06-18-2010, 09:35 AM
As for video, on my 07, you can only watch video when the car is stopped. Once the car starts moving, the screen goes blank, but the audio continues.

Old 06-18-2010, 09:57 AM
Are you referring to video thru the iPod, Rutland? I've read online about modifications you can get to by pass that =0

Old 06-18-2010, 10:08 AM
Video through the Aux inputs, yeah.

And yeah, I believe there are mods out there...but stock, that's how it is. Of course, there are probably mods out there that would stop my dash from squeaking, but stock, that's how it is.

Old 06-18-2010, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by Rutland
Video through the Aux inputs, yeah.

And yeah, I believe there are mods out there...but stock, that's how it is. Of course, there are probably mods out there that would stop my dash from squeaking, but stock, that's how it is.
Cool so I guess with the modified center console you could easily store videos on your iPod and play those huh? That'd make it worth while again

Old 06-18-2010, 11:03 AM
Yeah, I think that should work.

And someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you need NAV for video playback, just the AUX inputs...

Old 06-18-2010, 11:19 AM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Video will play on screen through a cable that supports video in the non-nav models, as long as the car is in park with the parking brake on. Mods to bypass this are not allowed to be discussed in this forum but they are available to those that know how to find them.

The details you guys have provided above is correct.
You lose the MusicBox and XM when you go without Nav. You also lose XM traffic. These are all things you can add in with the use of an iPod/iPhone or other media/GPS device if you don't mind aftermarket add-ons.

If it was an 08, you'd lose the backup camera. Then, I'd say no deal. I absolutely LOVE my backup camera. You won't have it in your 07 without the Tech pack, but it sounds like you weren't looking for tht anyway, so you're good.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
Video will play on screen through a cable that supports video in the non-nav models, as long as the car is in park with the parking brake on. Mods to bypass this are not allowed to be discussed in this forum but they are available to those that know how to find them.

The details you guys have provided above is correct.
You lose the MusicBox and XM when you go without Nav. You also lose XM traffic. These are all things you can add in with the use of an iPod/iPhone or other media/GPS device if you don't mind aftermarket add-ons.

If it was an 08, you'd lose the backup camera. Then, I'd say no deal. I absolutely LOVE my backup camera. You won't have it in your 07 without the Tech pack, but it sounds like you weren't looking for tht anyway, so you're good.
Thanks for clearing this up AesonVirus!

Quick question in regards to the iPod / iPhone. So I have an iPod touch and a Sprint Smartphone that I can teether back and forth so I can basically get internet on my iPod touch whenever I can on my phone. So will apps that display GPS / maps on the iPod touch transfer to the console system? What about web browsers? Any suggestions on what aftermarket equipment will do the trick at a reasonable price?

Thanks again!

Old 06-19-2010, 01:19 PM
Ended up getting the car, oustanding ride. However... is there anyway to display the time on the console? I'm still not use to the clock in the middle haha

Old 06-19-2010, 09:52 PM
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Ended up getting the car, oustanding ride. However... is there anyway to display the time on the console? I'm still not use to the clock in the middle haha
Nope, but you'll get used to it.

Old 06-20-2010, 12:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for clearing this up AesonVirus!

Quick question in regards to the iPod / iPhone. So I have an iPod touch and a Sprint Smartphone that I can teether back and forth so I can basically get internet on my iPod touch whenever I can on my phone. So will apps that display GPS / maps on the iPod touch transfer to the console system? What about web browsers? Any suggestions on what aftermarket equipment will do the trick at a reasonable price?

Thanks again!
The AV capable doesn't mirror the display of the device (in this case the iPod). You can't pull up a map on your iPod, plug it in, and view it on the console display.

The only visual content from the iPod displayed on the console display is video while the car is not in motion and parked.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 07 G35x without Nav questions