G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

is there a faster way to scroll through ipod menu??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 02:30 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
is there a faster way to scroll through ipod menu??

Hello all,

I have a 08 g35 sedan with ipod interface, premium package, no nav or tech.

basically I have around 500 artists and scrolling with the wheel and little arrows takes forever!! I think there is a page down button or something in the nav equipped vehicles which makes going through lists so much easier.

does anyone know any shortcuts or am I stuck making playlists and not searching via artists in the menu. thanks.

Old 06-24-2010, 12:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you might be able to use the seek buttons to skip up or down. I'm not positive though, I need to figure this out too.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am not sure if the non nav has a touch screen or not. But if it does, then pressing the down button in the screen on the list will skip you to the next page. This is the quickest way i have found until now.

Old 06-24-2010, 04:07 PM
thanks for the responses

@mann the seek buttons just change the song when you are in the menu. I will try it with no song playing and report back

@sameer non nav = no touch screen sadly

anyone else find away around this problem, it makes the ipod connectivity worthless for me because I cant pay attention to the road if I have to constantly scroll :/

Old 06-24-2010, 07:40 PM
Yeah you're right, I just spent a little while messing around with all the options on my car and the best way I found to scroll through the songs is to just hold down the up/down buttons. It's not that great but it's the fastest option. Other than that multiple play lists seems to be the way to go.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:09 PM
If you do a search you can find a better description of this work-around but I'll give it a shot:

Sort your iTunes library alphabetically by artist. Take the 'genre' column and delete the Genre and put replace it with the first letter of the artist.

When you go to listen to your iPod in the car do a search by genre and then you can scroll through the letters that replaced the 'actual' genres and you only have to scroll a max of 26 times

Not sure if that helps but at least it gets you a lot closer to the letters/artists so it's less scrolling.

I haven't done this yet but I have seen posts by others that have and it seems to work for them.

Oh, I have an 08 G. Does the 2010 even allow you to search by genre?

Hope that helps!

Jay

Old 06-25-2010, 02:16 AM
thanks jay you made my life a whole lot easier haha i'm gonna do that work around right now! I think playlist are the way to go though cause changing artists while driving is pretty dangerous in itself.

thanks for all the responses everyone, good luck with your cars!

Old 06-29-2010, 05:31 AM
Cool - glad to help!

Wanna hear something else REALLY cool?

I just turned in my 08G for a 2010G (have to change my sig . . .) anyway, on the updated Nav system they fixed this problem!

I was using the new system and was hitting the touchscreen to scroll to get to my Rush collection (just saw 'I Love You Man' and got motivated to listen to them again )

Anyway - just tried the scroll wheel and after 2 or 3 turns the screen went blank and instead of the list of artists, a little box comes up in the middle of the screen and it just shows a single letter of the alphabet. Then you can turn the Infiniti Controller dial and go up and down in the alphabet to get to whichever specific letter you want.

Much better than the genre workaround! I was pretty psyched since they don't even mention that in the manual - what a find!!

Sorry I don't think it works on the older Nav system but at least Infiniti is listening!! Thought you might be interested in that.

Jay

Old 06-29-2010, 12:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So the conclusion is to turn in your 08 and get a 10 and problem solved. Love easy solutions. LOL

Old 06-29-2010, 02:15 PM
Yeah, not sure I'd call that a conclusion but I was surprised to see the feature since I didn't find it mentioned anywhere.

Someone on another board mentioned that there might be an update to the 08 software/system to get this functionality but someone else pointed out that an upgrade like that fried their system so I'm not sure it's worth it for the hassle.

Again, just figured I would throw it out there.

Jay

Old 07-03-2010, 09:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DigMy35x
to scroll to get to my Rush collection (just saw 'I Love You Man' and got motivated to listen to them again )
^+1 hahaha

Old 07-03-2010, 11:16 PM
Yeah, not sure I'd call that a conclusion but I was surprised to see the feature since I didn't find it mentioned anywhere.

Someone on another board mentioned that there might be an update to the 08 software/system to get this functionality but someone else pointed out that an upgrade like that fried their system so I'm not sure it's worth it for the hassle.

Again, just figured I would throw it out there.

Jay
i envy you greatly lol

anyway know if anyone updated their software to the 2010 version successfully? I would love to do this. You think the dealership can do this??

Old 07-05-2010, 10:08 AM
thats why i dont like the OEM Ipod options. my Kenwood scrolls through my ipod at lightening speed. I love it.

Old 07-05-2010, 05:41 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
If you do a search you can find a better description of this work-around but I'll give it a shot:

Sort your iTunes library alphabetically by artist. Take the 'genre' column and delete the Genre and put replace it with the first letter of the artist.

When you go to listen to your iPod in the car do a search by genre and then you can scroll through the letters that replaced the 'actual' genres and you only have to scroll a max of 26 times

Not sure if that helps but at least it gets you a lot closer to the letters/artists so it's less scrolling.

I haven't done this yet but I have seen posts by others that have and it seems to work for them.

Oh, I have an 08 G. Does the 2010 even allow you to search by genre?

Hope that helps!

Jay
Rather than losing all you genres why not make 26 smart playlists (A-Z)? Smart playlists will also automatically add your new songs, by artist, to the correct playlist.