G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Infiniti dealership trying to jip me?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 11:40 PM
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
As long as your car is under warranty and you have the same issue as the TSB describes then yes they must fix it and for free.

Old 10-13-2010, 01:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unless they say we can't reproduce the issue sorry. LOL

Old 10-13-2010, 02:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll be going to a new dealer tomorrow. What are the chances that they will tell me what the first dealer told me that I need a coolant flush before they can do the tsb?

Old 10-13-2010, 02:17 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
It depends on the dealer, when you go in dont act like you dont know what the problem is and want them to diagnose and tell you.

Be confident and tell them that you NEED to get the specific tsb performed(have printout with you and give it to him while you talk to him) for the tapping sound coming from your dash.

You should be fine, and if they try to give you a problem be firm and tell em you will go through corporate if need be, though i doubt that they will try to make an issue out of this.

Old 10-14-2010, 04:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dontjipme
Haha good idea I just might, one more question for you guys are
They obliged to fix the tsb's under warranty? The service reps keep telling me all that a tsb is is to provide their mechanics with guidelines as to how to address
A problem not a recall for free service lol yet
They fixed my brake judder as per said I'n the tsb for free! Now they wanna tell me this bull****!
The tsb's i was told are just instructions as well and doesn't necessarily mean that infiniti will just fix under warranty. I was told it had to be an ISB for it to be covered for sure. Tsb is technician service bulletin while the isb is the infiniti service bulletin. That is at least what major infiniti in kc told me. don't know if they are right but take it for what its worth

Old 10-14-2010, 05:36 PM
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by mds5x8
The tsb's i was told are just instructions as well and doesn't necessarily mean that infiniti will just fix under warranty. I was told it had to be an ISB for it to be covered for sure. Tsb is technician service bulletin while the isb is the infiniti service bulletin. That is at least what major infiniti in kc told me. don't know if they are right but take it for what its worth
Well, if you go to the dealers that have that award of excellence emblem they are more likely to do warranty work. I have been to four Infiniti dealers, three of them with that award of excellence for various problems and they did all my warranty work for free, including replacing a seat cushion because I complained the air bag sensor was malfunctioning even though they could not replicate the issue. I had another dealer replace my steering wheel and door trims and wood trims because of scratches/peeling. I also had one of these dealers replace my power steering rack because they found a really small leak (wasn't even dripping on the ground). Those dealers also were willing to resurface my rotors after 45k miles when I complained of a brake judder even though I already had the TSB applied at 35k miles. They also replaced my power control module for free after I told them my battery died one time after leaving my car on ACC for an hour. Another time the dealer replaced my serpentine belt for free because I complained my engine was chirping intermittently at 40k miles.

The other dealer that didn't have that award of excellence (Herb Chambers Infiniti) wanted to charge me just for diagnosis if my problem was still under warranty (slight engine oil leak). It was ridiculous.

Try to go to a dealer that has that award of excellence. They are more likely to be better at not jipping you off.

BTW the dealers I went to that had the award of excellence were Ray Catena Infiniti of Bridgewater (NJ), Ray Catena Infiniti of Edison (NJ), and Infiniti of Norwood (MA). (I recently moved to Boston). The Herb Chambers dealer in Boston was the one that tried ripping me off.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 10-14-2010 at 05:43 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:43 PM
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
If your car has a problem, and it is under warranty and they can see, find, replicate the problem then they are forced to fix it for free. If they refuse to fix it even if you are under warranty (assuming you did not personally cause the issue - such as oil leaking from oil filter because you did not tighten it properly) then you must take it up to corporate Infiniti. If they are charging you for diagnosis when you are under warranty then you must take it to corporate as well, as they are clearly obligated by law to fix your car for free.

Old 10-16-2010, 01:54 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Q8y_drifter
If your car has a problem, and it is under warranty and they can see, find, replicate the problem then they are forced to fix it for free. If they refuse to fix it even if you are under warranty (assuming you did not personally cause the issue - such as oil leaking from oil filter because you did not tighten it properly) then you must take it up to corporate Infiniti. If they are charging you for diagnosis when you are under warranty then you must take it to corporate as well, as they are clearly obligated by law to fix your car for free.
++1 ^^^.

If the new dealership wants to make you get your 30K service before they address the TSB, take that to Infiniti corporate also.