G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

New G35x (didn't go well, so back to the drawing board)! Tech Package

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 04:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New G35x (didn't go well, so back to the drawing board)! Tech Package

Well, about to weeks ago i purchased a sweet black on black fully loaded 07 G35x w/ 49k on it. Price out the door was $22,500k w/ tags and tax. Seemed like a sweet deal and had a clean car fax (so i thought). A week later it came to my attention that Auto Check reported that at auction car had frame or unibody damage.
Long story short took to an auto body and about 4k to get the car fixed right. I then returned the car back to the dealer and they gave me a full refund due to not diclosing the damage to me. Well, i cant find anything w/ in a 200 mile radius of Philadelphia near that price.

My question is the favorite option on the car was the adaptive cruise control, but it is hard to come by around here and if it has it the car includes NAV, PRem, Tech and ends up running me another $6500 roughly. Would it be possible to just add the adaptive cruise in myself and if so how would i do it and what could be the average cost because the NAv, headlights and rear view cam just dont seem to be worth it to me, but that cruise was SWEET!

Thanks in advance!

Old 10-21-2010, 04:13 PM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
The reason you have to have the nav package is because it supports the cruise control. you would also have to get a different front bumper insert and the sensor alone would run you well over 1000 from the dealer. i have found the headlights and backup cam on mine much more useful. the adaptive cruse almost pisses me off sometimes when im on the highway because it puts the brakes on wayy too soon and i end up having to give it gas or turn it off if i want to go around somebody.

Old 10-21-2010, 04:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There's a 2007 G35x, fully loaded with Tech and Premium package near my house in central jersey with 60k miles for $18,500 if you're interested. I just saw it on my way home from work and test drove it because my mom is looking into getting a new car soon. Let me know if you want the info. He said it has extended warranty up til 100k, not sure if it is transferable though?!

Old 10-21-2010, 06:00 PM
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by phab007
Well, about to weeks ago i purchased a sweet black on black fully loaded 07 G35x w/ 49k on it. Price out the door was $22,500k w/ tags and tax. Seemed like a sweet deal and had a clean car fax (so i thought). A week later it came to my attention that Auto Check reported that at auction car had frame or unibody damage.
Long story short took to an auto body and about 4k to get the car fixed right. I then returned the car back to the dealer and they gave me a full refund due to not diclosing the damage to me. Well, i cant find anything w/ in a 200 mile radius of Philadelphia near that price.

My question is the favorite option on the car was the adaptive cruise control, but it is hard to come by around here and if it has it the car includes NAV, PRem, Tech and ends up running me another $6500 roughly. Would it be possible to just add the adaptive cruise in myself and if so how would i do it and what could be the average cost because the NAv, headlights and rear view cam just dont seem to be worth it to me, but that cruise was SWEET!

Thanks in advance!
was the damage on the back bumper? when i bought my car i had a similar problem with my back bumer it was sticking out. we got car fax and the auto check and it had shown nothing about being in a wreck. Then i go to get my oil changed and we told them to fix it and they said that it looks like it had been in a wreck before

Old 10-21-2010, 08:45 PM
Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by greekgod544
was the damage on the back bumper? when i bought my car i had a similar problem with my back bumer it was sticking out. we got car fax and the auto check and it had shown nothing about being in a wreck. Then i go to get my oil changed and we told them to fix it and they said that it looks like it had been in a wreck before
Those car faxes and auto checks are not all usuful. There are cars out there that get in an accident or even get totaled and still would have a clean title or no accident records.

Many people think that if the car has a clean title it hasn't been wrecked before. Well that's where in some short time they will find out otherwise.

But that does makes me very angry that there are cars outhere with the incomlete repair jobs or just been hacked inside and out!

Last edited by Shurik355; 10-21-2010 at 08:50 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:44 PM
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
i mean yea i know not to really trust car fax but when the Infiniti Dealership sells a car and has that 1000 point check inspection i would hope they would of seen that before they sold it to me. they said they would double check stuff before i drove it off the lot but i guess not haha

Old 10-22-2010, 12:16 AM
Originally Posted by 2k7G35S
There's a 2007 G35x, fully loaded with Tech and Premium package near my house in central jersey with 60k miles for $18,500 if you're interested. I just saw it on my way home from work and test drove it because my mom is looking into getting a new car soon. Let me know if you want the info. He said it has extended warranty up til 100k, not sure if it is transferable though?!
If you could email me the info to phab007@yahoo.com it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Old 10-22-2010, 12:19 AM
Originally Posted by greekgod544
i mean yea i know not to really trust car fax but when the Infiniti Dealership sells a car and has that 1000 point check inspection i would hope they would of seen that before they sold it to me. they said they would double check stuff before i drove it off the lot but i guess not haha

Don't even get me started on the Infiniti Dealers out here in PA. I was at a dealer in West Chester, PA and they had a "quote CPO" They thing was a total dog in and out.. It was a disgrace! I ripped the salemen a new A-Hole about it too! What good is a CPO at a dealer if you put high prices on them and looks like ish..? It was such a waste of my time and a joke. I used to work in the car business many years ago and let me tell you one way or another it is one shady *ss business!

Old 10-22-2010, 12:22 AM
Originally Posted by Austin713
The reason you have to have the nav package is because it supports the cruise control. you would also have to get a different front bumper insert and the sensor alone would run you well over 1000 from the dealer. i have found the headlights and backup cam on mine much more useful. the adaptive cruse almost pisses me off sometimes when im on the highway because it puts the brakes on wayy too soon and i end up having to give it gas or turn it off if i want to go around somebody.
Yes, I noticed the sencor incert, but was hoping I could get all that stuff for a few hundred, but if it has to have the NAV. I guess that idea is out and ill have to get one w/ everything. As for the adaptive cruise it was sweet for me. I would set it on the middle sensor and wouldn't engage until about 3 cars lengths ahead which for me was fine. I only had the car for 2 weeks, but I put about 1200 miles in the car in that time and i had it on just about everday and it sold me I'll tell you that! ;-)

Old 10-22-2010, 12:28 AM
No damage was on the front end. I hunted down the orignal lease owner and he told me his 17yr old son did it just before he turned the car in. Was at a red light and hit the gas to soon and went under the bumper of a truck. he smashed the hood, lights and both fenders. My guess reason no accident was reported was because it was his 17 yr old that did it overall cheaper to pay out his pocket and the fact that he truned the car in he didnt give a crap what kind of job they did. Once i really dug into it I saw it was a hack job. you could see the bends in the upper frame and the paint was chipping like crazy over only 2 weeks of having it. Sweet car, but some owners r just lame. This was my 2nd G and very safe cars when clean. I couldn't chance it at all. Now the kicker is the dealer today just listed the car right back on there lot again. What losers same price and all!!!

Old 10-23-2010, 01:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
17 yr olds shouldn't be driving nice cars.
That's terrible that the car is back on the lot like nothing ever happened. I'd do my best to spread the word about that dealership, maybe even inform Infiniti HQ. That's really gotta look bad on corporate to know that dealers are pulling this kind of BS on customers.

Old 10-23-2010, 02:15 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Michael123
17 yr olds shouldn't be driving nice cars.
That's a pretty ridiculous thing to say.

I know a couple of 17 year olds I'd trust with my car without hesitation. Your willingness to stereotype so quickly is disappointing.

The accident described above was an honest mistake. The guy wasn't screwing around, wasn't drunk or on drugs, he just made a mistake. We all make mistakes. Why condemn all 17 year olds over an honest mistake?

Old 10-24-2010, 07:13 PM
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
That's a pretty ridiculous thing to say.

I know a couple of 17 year olds I'd trust with my car without hesitation. Your willingness to stereotype so quickly is disappointing.

The accident described above was an honest mistake. The guy wasn't screwing around, wasn't drunk or on drugs, he just made a mistake. We all make mistakes. Why condemn all 17 year olds over an honest mistake?
I agree with Mr. Michaels. Anyways, 17 year olds are statistically more likely to get into major accidents (which is why the insurance premium on new drivers are so high). Giving them a nice car is asking for trouble. Unless their parents (or them) have enough money to pay for the insurance, then fine by me. It is also very likely that those 17 year olds are likely to be spoiled, and having such a nice car at an early age does not really teach them the value of money. Therefore, since most of the time their parents pay for the car (I doubt many teenagers have the money to pay for a nice car), they do not learn responsibility and most likely race those cars or show them off to their friends. In my experience, the friends I did have at 17 who drove nice cars were the ones who got into the most accidents. In fact, I knew someone who drove a G35 coupe as a high school student and wrecked it, then his dad bought him a BMW 7 series...

Driving such nice cars at age 17 isn't really a good idea, given that they are more likely to get into accidents. Plus, teenagers are also more statistically likely to be more risky. At a job, you never trust a new hire with an expensive piece of equipment they are not trained to use. Same with driving a car. However, if a teenager had a couple of years of driving without any accidents or tickets, then it is okay to let them drive nice cars, since they are probably better drivers.

Again, this does not apply to some teenagers, but the majority of them it does. There are always exceptions.

BTW the accident described was an accident that was very easily preventable. Any rear ended accident is always the rear driver's fault. In this case, I think the 17 year old was pretty stupid for gassing too fast behind a truck.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 10-24-2010 at 07:25 PM.