Another "Warranty Update" Thread...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 09:42 AM
Nix
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my Dreyer and Reinbold experience so far

Originally Posted by sjbyrne
I live on the north side of Indianapolis and this is my experience. My local dealer will not replace my steering wheel. I haven't asked about the door pulls and feel there is no point in it due to the attitude of the service manager. The service manager there was even rude about it when I respectfully told him that it was a known manufacturing defect and dealers all over the country are replacing the steering wheels. His response was a very matter of fact "well I'm not one of them". He wanted to know how long I had owned the car and when I told him around 3 months he asked "was it like that when you bought it?" (I did not buy it from them due to their extraordinarily high prices on vehicles) When I told him yes but its gotten worse, he responded that who ever I bought it from must have done a poor job reconditioning it. (I bought it from the original owner and with the exception of the steering wheel the car is flawless and only has 20k miles on it!).
You would think that the service manager at an upscale dealership such as this would at least be respectful and not have such an arrogant attitude.
I guess I will have to contact Infinity and state my case to them in the hope that they will authorize replacement.
I also take my '07 G35x to Dreyer and Reinbold Infiniti in northern Indy. Normally they don't ask questions and have repaired/replaced the following without issue:

1. Rubber seal around driver door window
2. "Accordion-looking" (best I can come up with) rubber piece on one side of sunroof
3. Gas filler cap tether (it broke off from the filler cap)

All minor items in my opinion. The worst problem I've had so far was the gauge cluster. Symptoms were:

1. Dim back-lighting behind gauges.
2. Tachometer needle sticking.
3. Display between gauges unreadable.
4. Turn signal "clicking" noise not very audible.

These problems were amplified by heat. The hotter the day, the worse the symptoms. The symptoms almost disappeared on a cool day. I ended up taking pictures of the tach needle at 2k RPMs at 0 mph while in drive and if that wasn't convincing enough, a picture at 2k RPMs at 0 mph while the car was off. Of course, the day I took my car into the dealer, there were no symptoms. Despite seeing the pictures and agreeing there was a problem, the dealership told me there were no error codes returned during the diagnostics check so they couldn't do anything. I ended up contacting Infiniti and telling the story. A local Infiniti rep called me within 1-2 days (can't remember exactly) and initiated a 3-way call with the dealership. We finally settled on me leaving my car at the dealership for a week so they could "bake it" in the summer heat and try to reproduce the problem. Luckily, when I drove my car in for this, the symptoms were in full swing so a tech looked at it immediately and said, "you need a new gauge cluster". They replaced the cluster and three days later I picked up my car and haven't had any gauge problems since (probably around 4-5 months ago).

I'm also having door trim peeling trouble. When I take my car in next, I'll ask for a trim replacement and see what happens. I'll be sure to post my results here for you and other Indy area Infiniti drivers.

Last edited by Nix; 12-16-2010 at 01:43 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:16 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
The TSB for the exterior door trim is for cars with a VIN below some specific number (made before about mid-2007). It's related to premature cracking of the rubber.

Apexi957 - the door handle issue is well known by Infiniti and they should take care of it. If your dealer will not do it then try calling the national care or another dealer (which I fully understand isn't so easy to do in all cases).

Sunil

Old 12-20-2010, 09:38 PM
Nix... glad to hear you had a better experience with them than I did. I have been so busy at work that I have not been able to contact Infinity but will post when I do.
I do have to take it in for the brake judder issue which the service writer said they would repair under warranty without question. I'm hoping to make an appointment and get all issues taken care of at the same time.
Thanks for posting and I hope they don't give you an issue on the door pulls... let me know.

Old 01-05-2011, 06:02 PM
I just got my car back from Cerritos Infiniti in Socal. Issac was the service guy and he performed the Brake Judder TSB and replaced the door trim panels no questions asked. He just took a quick look and they finished everything in 1 day.

Old 01-06-2011, 12:16 PM
I just called JC Bethesda and they told me that the interior wheel and door pulls would be considered wear and tear...

Mine are slightly scratched, but it goes through to the gray plastic, and is cleary just like the other ones.
How bad were yours? How much surface area was scratched?

Originally Posted by lockon
JC in Bethesda, MD just replaced my steering wheel and door pulls no questions asked. The only issue is that the leather on the new wheel is almost gray, not black... not sure what to do about this... It's also a very dull finish as opposed to the shinier black finish it had before.

Should I complain?

Thanks

Sunil

Old 01-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Here was mine that they fixed no problem.

Attached Thumbnails Another "Warranty Update" Thread...-img00044-20100901-1929.jpg   Another "Warranty Update" Thread...-img00043-20100901-1928.jpg  
Old 01-07-2011, 10:22 PM
So the steering wheel was done but they denied the door handles..."wear and tear" they said.

Strange that they would replace the whole wheel that is handled FAR more than the door pulls.

Oh well, ordered the door parts and I'm going to replace them myself.

Old 01-08-2011, 12:19 AM
Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts
Went to Infiniti today to get my oil change, tranny flash and brake judder TSB. Waited a 4 hours until service gets down, when they called me for my car I forgot my card at home so they allowed me to go home and get it. When I came back to pay, the service consultant told me they charged me more because they don't do free TSB when warranty expires. However they did drastically reduce price. I pay quickly because i have to go to work.

During my break I called them back and told them that it wasn't right that they didn't inform me that the TSB work was only free with warranty. Other consultants in the past have told me of anything that will be worked on upon my car that I did not request, this guy did not. We then continued with the discussion for 5 minutes. I tell them I will call them back tomorrow because I have to work. Later in the day I recieve a voicemail from Infiniti of Gwinnett saying that they will return the difference to me by check.

Last edited by apexi957; 01-08-2011 at 12:23 AM.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:43 PM
Nix
Originally Posted by sjbyrne
Nix... glad to hear you had a better experience with them than I did. I have been so busy at work that I have not been able to contact Infinity but will post when I do.
I do have to take it in for the brake judder issue which the service writer said they would repair under warranty without question. I'm hoping to make an appointment and get all issues taken care of at the same time.
Thanks for posting and I hope they don't give you an issue on the door pulls... let me know.
I'm going to make an appt w/Dreyer and Reinbold this week to fix the underlying problem of why my "Service Engine Soon" light is on. I'm going to have them look at the peeling door panel trim and ask for a replacement. I'll post a note of the outcome afterward. My 4 year basic manufacturer's warranty is up at the end of March this year so here's hoping for the best!

Update: Called D&R service department and made an appointment for this coming Wednesday. Informed them about the peeling trim on the driver's side handle pull. They're apparently out of stock on the trim and said they'd have to order it. Apparently they replace ALL the trim in the car even if only one piece is peeling. They said it all comes as one kit but does not include the steering wheel. Regarding the steering wheel, they said they'd not heard of people having this problem (I don't). They've clearly not been here . And the kicker.... I was told it would be covered under my 4 year/60,000 mile warranty! Hopefully I won't get a different story when I actually go in. Fingers crossed. More to come...

Update #2: I'm here at D&R now using their wifi and the service rep told me that the trim replacement (all 4 doors) will be covered under warranty. So far so good...

Update #3: Apparently the trim they ordered was "not the correct trim". They said that the peeling was considered wear and tear but the service manager approved replacing just the driver side door pull trim (it was the only side that was peeling). The passenger side is noticeably wearing but hasn't quite started peeling yet. I guess when it starts I'll be SOL unless I fork over some $. From reading this forum, it sounds like one of the few dealerships that gives customers a hard time about this peeling.

Last edited by Nix; 01-20-2011 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Additional information
Old 01-16-2011, 04:24 PM
I'm off to Fields Infiniti tomorrow for a slow leak tire issue. I'm glad I found this thread as ours has the same issues. I'll be curious to see what they do. I'm still under warranty...

Old 01-16-2011, 08:35 PM
I read this thread last Friday and decided to take my 07 Journey in because of the steering wheel scratching and both door panels scratching. I also had a problem with a dead cell in the battery. Glad I did because the warranty runs out on Monday. They are replacing both front door panels and the steering wheel for me.

Old 01-17-2011, 04:56 PM
Took mine in today for another issue, dealer replaced steering wheel and drivers door switch unit. Sweet!!!!

Old 01-18-2011, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by Jeff T
I'm off to Fields Infiniti tomorrow for a slow leak tire issue. I'm glad I found this thread as ours has the same issues. I'll be curious to see what they do. I'm still under warranty...
I also have a slow leak in my tire. What did they do for you on this?

Old 01-18-2011, 11:20 AM
Any more info on the chrome trim TSB? Parts of the chrome trim around the windows look horrible and I would love to have them replaced.

Old 01-18-2011, 11:31 AM
they called it a bead leak. popped off the tire and resealed it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another "Warranty Update" Thread...