G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Giving props to Infiniti Service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 04:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Giving props to Infiniti Service

In the past two years, I have had my '07 G35 (48K miles) in the shop 3 times. 1st time, no sound coming from left speakers (fixed w/warranty).
2nd time, front axle making a clicking noise in reverse (fixed w/warranty) and the car shutters at 40mph (not fixed, still occurs).
3rd time, power steering pump leak (fixed w/warranty).

With all those problems, I have slight regrets about my purchase. But what I am pleased with is the service. My most recent visit, Grubbs Infiniti in Euless replaced my steering wheel and driver and passenger side door panels because of scratches. I really appreciate them going the extra mile to make me happy.

I have read many threads here about Lexus vs. Infiniti and here is my 2 cents.
My wife has a '04 lexus RX330 with over 120K. Never been in the shop once. We haul the kids in it, and you know how ruff they are on things. The interior holds up a lot better, no deep scratches or paint chips. I bought the G35 cuz its a sexier car, and Lexus is dull and boring to me, but I do think Infiniti needs to step it up a bit. I dont know about Lexus service cuz I have never been. If i had to do it all over again, I DONT KNOW I just know my G is damn sexy and I love driving it.

Old 12-20-2010, 04:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a former Lexus owner I know where you are comming from..

The G is a very good car, but the 98-2005 Lexus products are nearly perfect. They have gone downhill from 05 on but that generation they just built such a remarkable product.

The paint on the Lexues is about 100% better than the G and the interior bits are another level of Quality.

At 120k though you will see your suspension stuff start to go and also your starter may act up, but beyond some minor items your RX will go even farther.

You are right the G is a WAYY sexier looking car and it drives better than most Lexus Products except for the LFA and the ISF.

I would not worry so much about the Infiniti though it should be right up there in quality, after all, its not like you bought a BMW or Mercedes.

Old 12-20-2010, 05:38 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
^ What? I've never owned a Lexus but I will to argue that your statement about Lexus is incorrect. You're telling me that the 2006 and beyond lexus the quality has gone down? Ok lets play that game, so has Infiniti's quality gone up or down?

Old 12-20-2010, 05:50 PM
I had a 2010 G37 loaner for 4 days. I will say the interior quality is better. However, the car had only 600 miles, and it still had that weird shutter around 40mph, like its searching for gears. The accelerator is a lot better too, not as touchy, but for some weird reason, maybe its just me, my 07 feels like it takes off so much faster with the touchy throttle. And I even floored it and drove the loaner hard

Old 12-21-2010, 10:48 AM
Originally Posted by gtbigup01
^ What? I've never owned a Lexus but I will to argue that your statement about Lexus is incorrect. You're telling me that the 2006 and beyond lexus the quality has gone down? Ok lets play that game, so has Infiniti's quality gone up or down?
Sorry man but if you have never owned a Lexus you wont know what I am talking about.

My GS400 went 145k with out a hitch.... No interior problems no engine problems, nothing. No creaks no rattles ect. There are many many people with over 200k on their GS IS and LS models. The V8 Lexus engine is nearly bullet proof.

The 2006+ Lexus products have all kinds of rattles squeaks, radio issue, valve spring recalls, engine knocking... People have freaking lemoned their IS and GS models for too many sqeaks that dealerships cant fix.. Even people who had the old LS and got the new one complain about the dash material.

If you dont believe me, just go check out the lexus forums. I have been keeping my eyes on them for the last 7 years.

Or look at Consumer Report.

As for Infiniti i would say that they have improved quality with better interior materials and have changed the brakes and improved some other areas. The G's are still cheaper made than the Lexus products. But if you get in a M or even an FX to a lesser extent the quality of materials is close to Lexus. Lexus is not about sport or driving fun especially in the newer versions, and that is why I dont own one now, but that along with the lower reliablity and higher price led me to pick up my G.

Let me put it this way... I would get people (mostly women) who dont care about cars at all; to sit and take a ride in my Lexus and they would eventually say (on their own)... WOW this is a nice car. Having a 12 year old car impress people with its quality due to the fact that it appeared nearly new says it all.

Even my relatives who own a Bentley Cont GT commented on how nice they thought the Lexus was.

Old 12-21-2010, 10:57 AM
Hey...the old saying has some merit..."you get what you pay for" and you typically pay more for a Lexus...

Old 12-21-2010, 03:16 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
My parents have owned lexus's my entire Life. I will vouch that they are really nice cars. If they offered the is250 in manual I probably would have bite. Although I think my G looks better exterior wise, the is350 has a nicer interior and is a bit quicker.

Interesting to hear about the 2006+ issue. My parents drive an 06 330RX that has been problem free.

Last edited by _RR_; 12-21-2010 at 05:55 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 12-21-2010, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by _RR_
My parents have owned lexus's my entire Life. I will vouch that they are really nice cars. If they is350 offered a manual I probably would have bite. Although I think my G looks better exterior wise, the is350 has a nicer interior and is a bit quicker.

Interesting to hear about the 2006+ issue. My parents drive 06 330RX that has been problem free.
Well i am generalizing a bit about the 06 + as a hard date. I cant remember when they updated the RX to the 350 but the GS LS and IS all were better built in the 98 to 2005 time frame.

And when i say issue I am talking going from 99.99999 to like 95-97% perfect. But when you set the bar so high people will nit pick on anything.

Old 12-21-2010, 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by CerveloR3-SL

Even my relatives who own a Bentley Cont GT commented on how nice they thought the Lexus was.
That's hard to believe. LOL!!

Old 12-22-2010, 12:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i came from an IS350 and the only thing i miss from it was the Lexus customer service...i hate all infiniti dealers in so cal. ugly looking and crappy cust. service. but if it came down to it I don't know which i would choose. I got the is350 when i was 17 and now i'm 21. most likely after the g I'll go german, gotta try everything once i say.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:14 PM
I thought about going german once too! Especially with the new BMW free service plans, free oil change and tires. The electronics scares me though, test drove a 5 series once at the dealership and the trunk lid would not open. I heard they have a lot of bugs with the idrive. But I like how the 5 series look (not the new 2k11 models though)

Old 12-23-2010, 01:21 PM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
My best friend is on his third Lexus. He gave me a good example... just open and close the doors on his/myG... I don't know why but there is a difference.. Kinda like Lexus=freezer door and Infiniti=front door to my house. On the down side... He traded his IS-F for a bigger Lexus sedan. I was not happy about it

Old 12-23-2010, 06:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rickochet
In the past two years, I have had my '07 G35 (48K miles) in the shop 3 times.
Even within a particular year and model, one car will be a gem and another will be a lemon - who knows why? Maybe the phase of the moon when it rolled off the line

In example, my Ody minivan would have bankrupt me if I wasn't handy, but my friends and neighbors who have the same model have only changed the oil for the last 10 years.. go figure.

I hope your G stabilizes.

Sunil

PS, I looked at the Lexus GS (too expensive + wood on the steering wheel - WTF?), LS (like riding a pillow), IS (too small and around here it is the spoiled rich kid ride), BMW 5 series (unimpressed, mind boggling lack of ergonomics + horrid iDrive), BMW 3 series (you can't step off the curb around here without being hit by one) & Acrua TL (Civic on steriods) before finding the G

Old 12-23-2010, 08:57 PM
Lockon,
Your absolutely right because my friend has a '07 G35 coupe and he drives like 45 min to work both ways, got tons of miles on it with No problems at all. I got unlucky
I also looked at the IS and I thought it was kinda boy racer looking to me haha. I don't know if I'm getting old or what, but I want a LS and VIP it. What am I thinking?

Old 12-23-2010, 09:00 PM
Duke,
I know what you mean by the freezer door, my RX feels that way too with the door. Inside seems much more quiet also on the road. I wonder if the Infiniti M has that freezer door feel.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Giving props to Infiniti Service