G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Giving props to Infiniti Service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 09:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lockon

PS, I looked at the Lexus GS (too expensive + wood on the steering wheel - WTF?), LS (like riding a pillow), IS (too small and around here it is the spoiled rich kid ride), BMW 5 series (unimpressed, mind boggling lack of ergonomics + horrid iDrive), BMW 3 series (you can't step off the curb around here without being hit by one) & Acrua TL (Civic on steriods) before finding the G
I guess i agree with everything you're saying, but the fact is iDrive is much more improved, and i much prefer the interfaces on BMW and Mercedes (my opinion). They aren't touch screen but I like how that one **** can control even the dynamics of the car. plus blackberry integration/facebook on idrive. for instance on my buddies s550, you can control the seat dynamics and even check engine oil level on the screen. I probably fall into that little stereotype though about the IS350 (but i drive a G now so what does that make you and i?) . My dad has an LS on coilovers, doesn't ride like a pillow anymore so maybe you should try that route (def has freezer door feel, the door gets electronically sucked in when you barely close it).

but i love how you say the GS is too expensive, and then went on to try out an LS. window shopper in the hizzouse

edit: and you can get a GS with black wood trim. classy x sporty all in one.

Last edited by RealMothaEffinG; 12-23-2010 at 09:10 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rickochet
I thought about going german once too! Especially with the new BMW free service plans, free oil change and tires. The electronics scares me though, test drove a 5 series once at the dealership and the trunk lid would not open. I heard they have a lot of bugs with the idrive. But I like how the 5 series look (not the new 2k11 models though)
on the contrary i love the new 5-series. but i wouldn't purchase a BMW, i own the infiniti and i'll have it forever hopefully. I would only lease a german car, i'm not dumb enough to buy one

it would be almost completely broken down before it's even paid off!

Old 12-24-2010, 12:18 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RealMothaEffinG
I guess i agree with everything you're saying, but the fact is iDrive is much more improved, and i much prefer the interfaces on BMW and Mercedes (my opinion).
I am sure that it is improved, but you have to remember I test drove all these in '06 ('07 model year).

but i love how you say the GS is too expensive, and then went on to try out an LS. window shopper in the hizzouse
Doh! I meant ES, not LS... the LS was a bit beyond my pocket book I looked at it with dreamy eyes but didn't even ask the dealer for a test drive to spare myself the humiliation of being laughed at

edit: and you can get a GS with black wood trim. classy x sporty all in one.
My issue with the wood trim wasn't the color, rather the ability of my sweaty palms to stay on the wheel as I whipped it around. I can see the wood on the ES, LS, etc, but the GS is supposed to be sporty and it just didn't make sense to me. I don't always drive with my hands at 10 and 2... (off the subject, but when I test drove the GS I stomped on it a bit, threw it into a couple of hard turns and high speed exit ramps.. the sales guy just sat there and then on the way back said to me "well, you really do like to drive...".. LOL! I guess most of his test drives were pretty sedate!)

Sunil