G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Can this 'SHIFT KNOB' not covered under warranty?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 06:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can this 'SHIFT ****' not covered under warranty?

I am trying to show the shift know to the dealers in Alpharetta GA and say this is not covered under warranty.

How come the leather around shift is peeling off and not covered under warranty.

Please help me to deal with warranty either infiniti or dealers. attached some pics.

Attached Thumbnails Can this 'SHIFT KNOB' not covered under warranty?-dsc_4301.jpg   Can this 'SHIFT KNOB' not covered under warranty?-dsc_4302.jpg   Can this 'SHIFT KNOB' not covered under warranty?-dsc_4303.jpg  
Old 02-06-2011, 07:47 PM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
Technically, that's wear and tear. Although this is the first i've seen such kind of wear with this model year. Normally it's just the aluminum part getting scratched. For an automatic ****, that one looks like it was handled way too much and/or sanded down. Did you guy the car used like that?

Old 02-06-2011, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by soundmike
Technically, that's wear and tear. Although this is the first i've seen such kind of wear with this model year. Normally it's just the aluminum part getting scratched. For an automatic ****, that one looks like it was handled way too much and/or sanded down. Did you guy the car used like that?
I bought leased one ans trying to fix them as soon as my warranty ends in June. The guy who drove he did not do any maintenance and used like anything. That is fine and looked at the car before buying and I have warranty left for 6months.I did most of them but still trying to get them taken care but dealers are not willing to consider it as a defect under warranty. covered other stuff including steering wheel(biggest one)

Please pardon me if I post too many threads.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:57 PM
Dnt take that bull**** it is covered the service guy at Infiniti in west palm beach fl got in my car to read the miles saw my shift **** all scratched n said ima have that replaced under warrenty tell them u gonna call corprete

Old 02-07-2011, 05:37 AM
My dealer also rejected it. They rejected the door pulls as well but were eager to do the steering wheel. Odd. Probably no money in it for the tech to replace the shift ****.

Old 02-07-2011, 07:00 AM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
It's crazy how some dealers will replace certain items and others won't. This will not happen if the Japs would have a rep at every dealership so they can see the BS that will hurt their sales because of stupid dealers. I know that's not going to ever happen, just saying

Old 02-07-2011, 11:50 AM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
just buy an M45 shift ****... they look soo much better!

Old 02-08-2011, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by G3507Tech
I am trying to show the shift know to the dealers in Alpharetta GA and say this is not covered under warranty.

How come the leather around shift is peeling off and not covered under warranty.

Please help me to deal with warranty either infiniti or dealers. attached some pics.
roswell infiniti?

Old 02-08-2011, 01:11 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by gtbigup01
It's crazy how some dealers will replace certain items and others won't. This will not happen if the Japs would have a rep at every dealership so they can see the BS that will hurt their sales because of stupid dealers. I know that's not going to ever happen, just saying
I know it! To the OP let us know what and where you end up getting it covered under warranty. I will be going in a few weeks to get new tires and will request they fix mine as well under warranty. I've noticed the chipping for awhile now and even a while ago took it off and sanded it down and put clearcoat on it. The leather is also peeling slightly. Not like that though^^

Old 02-08-2011, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by jryuuu
roswell infiniti?
tried at Roswell and Gwinnett.

Old 02-08-2011, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by gtbigup01
I have weather strips worn out and when called for a quote from a California dealer they said those items covered under warranty why are you checking the price. He asked me bring the car to replace under warranty and he did lot of.

I said here in GA not covering under warranty and he surprised.

Why to resolve these problems with dealers?

How come Infiniti accepting the items from few dealers and not all the dealers?

I have two left side worn out and need them replace under warranty.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Just got two new mass air flow sensors, driver's door switches surround, and a wiper blade replaced under warranty at Nalley in Marietta. Maybe try them next? (It may help me that I bought mine from them, and do some service work there...)

Old 02-09-2011, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by tbarney
Just got two new mass air flow sensors, driver's door switches surround, and a wiper blade replaced under warranty at Nalley in Marietta. Maybe try them next? (It may help me that I bought mine from them, and do some service work there...)
can you let me know the service person to discuss at Nalley in Marietta? or send me the private message.

Thanks for your help!

Old 02-11-2011, 07:01 PM
I tried with different dealer but same thing ,they said it wear and tear so not covered under warranty 3rd dealer sofar. I have another one in state will try next week.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:55 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by Austin713
just buy an M45 shift ****... they look soo much better!
+1 !!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Can this 'SHIFT KNOB' not covered under warranty?