G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

LCD monitor replacing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 08:19 AM
Received 66 Likes on 61 Posts
LCD monitor replacing

hello all today i would like to know if it is possible to replace the useless lcd screen in the middle of the dash with an aftermarket one that has touchscreen and built in nav and other neat features, but i wanna still be able to hook up the radio and A/C and the buttons on the console to it.

HAS ANYONE DONE THIS??

thankyou

Last edited by GXXXV X; 06-29-2011 at 08:57 AM.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tthe lcd , although not touch screen, can have good use. L have done several mods to improve the usability.

Ipod intergration and sat radio intregration. i572 module I believe. Both the sat radio and the ipod show songs on the lcd.

If you do the forbidden mod you can play movies through the lcd via netflix on the road for you pax to enjoy as well.

Forgive me if I've said to much but for a non nav car we have good intergration.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:29 AM
Thank You to herkster For This Useful Post
that seems like some useful stuff but i would like nav very much so i dont have to use my phone... how much would you say all of the thing you have mention would cost all together?
thanks

Old 06-29-2011, 10:50 AM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
In my few years as a member of this forum I have occasionally searched and have yet to see anyone replacing the Non-Touch LCD with a Touch and having it connect to the factory head unit.
The only good solution has been the addition of the Garmin GVN with RF Remote control. Someone else recently showed their Android OS Phone running a GPS app via the car RCA/Aux to the OEM screen but that shows up on both screens so it's rather redundant.
If you do a forum search for 'Garmin GVN' you will find loads of related threads like this one.
https://g35driver.com/forums/v36-aud...ght=garmin+gvn
Let us know if/what you come up with.

The following users liked this post:
GXXXV X (06-29-2011)
Old 06-29-2011, 11:04 AM
omfg that is awesome thats what imma do this winter! seems very easy to install as well! tyvm!

Old 06-29-2011, 11:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cost?...I'm probably at 200 or 225. All items can be found online. I bought the PAC ISNI 572 box (for my G35 sedan 6MT) and added the sat radio to it.(another box - SCC1). It also tunes my 30 gig ipod that stay in the glove box. Its like having your complete music library in your car. Make sure to get the special cable from the Scc1/Sirius to the pac box, it won't work with the stock one...its a special cable to get the data into the screen.

The additional cable from with RCAs my iphone to the console was $15 on amazon. It has video(yellow) and red and white (right and left) inputs. Then get Netflix and enjoy.

Beyond this...I will not discuss the forbidden mod in the slightest so please dont ask. (forum rules)

GXXXV X (06-29-2011)
Old 06-29-2011, 11:28 AM
i think for only 100 more i will get the nav system

the ipod adaptor is not as important to me since i dont use it anymore since my droid has 13 Gigabytes of music on it lmao

what is the forbidden mod and how to do it? I shall refer to it as "The-Mod-Which-Shall-Not-Be-Named"

Old 06-29-2011, 12:06 PM
Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
In my few years as a member of this forum I have occasionally searched and have yet to see anyone replacing the Non-Touch LCD with a Touch and having it connect to the factory head unit.
The only good solution has been the addition of the Garmin GVN with RF Remote control. Someone else recently showed their Android OS Phone running a GPS app via the car RCA/Aux to the OEM screen but that shows up on both screens so it's rather redundant.
If you do a forum search for 'Garmin GVN' you will find loads of related threads like this one.
https://g35driver.com/forums/v36-aud...ght=garmin+gvn
Let us know if/what you come up with.
Already done by me! Haha. Trust me having it on our factory screen is VERY nice.

Originally Posted by wsolo08
i think for only 100 more i will get the nav system

the ipod adaptor is not as important to me since i dont use it anymore since my droid has 13 Gigabytes of music on it lmao

what is the forbidden mod and how to do it? I shall refer to it as "The-Mod-Which-Shall-Not-Be-Named"
Just get a RCA cord, you won't find one for micro/mini USB.
Forbidden mod consists of clipping some wires and some forums do talk about it...that's how i got it done hah. That is all i will say

GXXXV X (06-29-2011)
Old 06-29-2011, 12:37 PM
hm where am i able to find an rca (red, white, AND YELLOW) plug that will plug into aux headphone hole in a phone? so far i has only found red and white ones with no yellow on them

Old 06-29-2011, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by apexi957
Already done by me! Haha. Trust me having it on our factory screen is VERY nice.
Just get a RCA cord, you won't find one for micro/mini USB.
Forbidden mod consists of clipping some wires and some forums do talk about it...that's how i got it done hah. That is all i will say
I don't disagree that it would be nice. I said it's redundant. If your phone can perform true multitasking; ie output the GPS app to the car LCD while at the same time running/showing something completely different on the phone screen, then I would say fantastic.
The smart phones 'coming soon' should be able to accomplish this.

Originally Posted by wsolo08
hm where am i able to find an rca (red, white, AND YELLOW) plug that will plug into aux headphone hole in a phone? so far i has only found red and white ones with no yellow on them
Every electronics store and Ebay should sell one.
Here's one on Amazon Here's one on Amazon

Old 06-29-2011, 02:28 PM
lmfao it costs $0.10 + shipping wtfrotflmfaolol boom. done. paid for. ordered.

Last edited by GXXXV X; 06-29-2011 at 02:36 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can a scrathced lcd screed be replaced with one from another car? Does anyone have one for sale?

Old 06-30-2011, 10:25 AM
^ glwb

Can anybody gimme any tips on this forbidden mod pls

Old 07-02-2011, 06:50 PM
lmao ok so that wire I bought from amazon only played music through the left speakers & no video.
Does anybody know if there ids such a thing as mini/micro hdmi > aux (r, w,& Y) or micro/mini usb > aux?
Please help! After doing the above mod, I need something to play on the screen lmao thx

Old 07-02-2011, 07:14 PM
Did you try plugging them in to the wrong color? ie leave the one that works (left) but switch the other two.
For example if the red plug in red jack works but the yellow and white do not work in the corresponding yellow and white jack...switch them. These things can be made for different .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LCD monitor replacing